Dark Legacy MUD Forum

Multi User Fantasy Text Game
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:20 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: (Racepatch) Character Ancestries
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:24 pm 
Arch-Caretaker

When creating your character you will be able to pick inherited properties shared with others of your bloodline.

So what does an ancestry do for you? Lets say you pick "Demonic Ancestor", meaning your bloodline is demonically tainted. As a human you will start the game as a Tiefling (Other races might be named a planetouched Nixie, planetouched Elf, etc). Upon gaining enough levels, you transform into a Half-Fiend, until you end as a full Fiend at a certain epic level. New ancestry abilities and physical descriptions (traits in 'look' in room descriptions) are unlocked as you level.

Consider the ancestries as a incomplete draft. Everything is listed as level 1 here, things like non percentage bonusses and race category changes will be raised to higher levels.

As said, your race name will change based on your ancestry. Not all ancestries will be visible in your race name from the start, and your race name might vary based on original ancestry and race combinations.

Air Elemental
    Connected to the element of dreams and flight.
    They tend to be obsessed by flight and their life revolves around the sky.
    (lvl 1) +10% magical complexity.
    (lvl 1) +50% air resistance.
    (lvl 1) mages are named 'airomancer'.
    (lvl 1) automatic access to airomancy skill.
    (lvl 1) magical flight.
    (lvl 1) spells and weapons act as if imbued with a 'dis' rune.
    Angelic Ancestor
    Descended from an otherworldy being of pure good.
    Characters with this ancestry are descended from a being of pure good (including Good deities); although their ancestor may be many generations removed, their presence still lingers. Most of the time they are predisposed to Good.
    (lvl 1) +15% mind/divine/defensive/sensory/basic complexity.
    (lvl 1) +50 divine resistance points.
    (lvl 1) strength -1, dexterity -1, charisma +2, luck +1.
    (lvl 1) sacrifice: can sacrifice self to 'restore' all party members.
    (lvl 1) gliding flight.
    (lvl 1) race category changed to holy.
    (lvl 1) automatic skill: theology
    Construct
    Artifically constructed creature.
    You are born from a tinker dwarves hands. Your character is an artificially constructed creature of the chosen type. Unlike most constructs you have a mind of your own.
    (lvl 1) race category changed to construct.
    (lvl 1) +5 str, -2 dex, +2 int, -2 wis, -2 luck.
    (lvl 1) cannot be healed; only repaired.
    (lvl 1) does not need to eat.
    (lvl 1) does not regenerate health.
    (lvl 1) immune to sleep, poison and blind.
    (lvl 1) +50 resistance points to stun and drain.
    Demonic Ancestor
    Descended from an otherworly being of pure evil.
    Characters with this ancestry are descended from demons and other creatures of pure evil alignment (including Evil deities); although their evil ancestor may be many generations removed, the taint still lingers. Most of the time they are predisposed to Evil.
    (lvl 1) +15% body/nature/physical/summoning/basic complexity.
    (lvl 1) +50% scourge resistance.
    (lvl 1) strength +1, dexterity +1, constitution +1, charisma -2, luck -1.
    (lvl 1) gliding flight.
    (lvl 1) race category changed to unholy.
    (lvl 1) automatic skill: occult
    Earth Elemental
    (lvl 1) +50% earth resistance.
    (lvl 1) mages are named 'geomancer'.
    (lvl 1) automatic access to geomancy skill.
    (lvl 1) identify minerals on sight (mine prospecting).
    (lvl 1) spells and weapons act as if imbued with a 'tor' rune.
    Fire Elemental
    (lvl 1) +50% fire resistance.
    (lvl 1) mages are named 'pyromancer'.
    (lvl 1) automatic access to pyromancy skill.
    (lvl 1) completely immune to effects of lava rooms on gear.
    (lvl 1) spells and weapons act as if imbued with a 'fir' rune.
    Lightning Elemental
    (lvl 1) +50% electricity resistance.
    (lvl 1) mages are named 'maelstrom'.
    (lvl 1) automatic access to kinetics skill.
    (lvl 1) obtains the innate spell: recharge.
    (lvl 1) spells and weapons act as if imbued with a 'tri' rune.
    Lycanthrope
    Bitten by a lycanthrope.
    Your Character can transform into a wolf human hybrid.
    Myconid
    (lvl 1) +50% poison resistance.
    (lvl 1) mages are named 'defiler'.
    (lvl 1) automatic access to toxicology skill.
    (lvl 1) increased finding of bottles of poison in chests.
    (lvl 1) spells and weapons act as if imbued with a 'ois' rune.
    (lvl 1) race category changed to plant.
    Mindflayer
    Brain sucked out by a mindflayer larve.
    A larve consumed your characters brain, absorbed its physical form and became sentient. Your character is like your chosen race, with the exception of having four octopus-like tentacles around a lamprey-like mouth, and requiring the brains of sentient creatures as part of its diet.
    (lvl 1) +15 magic resistance.
    (lvl 1) speaks telepathically.
    (lvl 1) +8% overal and +20% mind complexity.
    Ooze
    Connected to the element of death and destruction.
    (lvl 1) +50% acid resistance.
    (lvl 1) mages are named 'alchemist'.
    (lvl 1) automatic access to alchemy skill.
    (lvl 1) increased finding of vials of corrosive in chests.
    (lvl 1) spells and weapons act as if imbued with a 'cid' rune.
    (lvl 1) race category changed to slime.
    Thrall
    Bred for slavery.
    Slaves to outerworldy beings your ancestors have been bred for several dozen generations. You are the result of many years of selective or experimental breeding, and your character is the end result.
    (lvl 1) +2 str, +2 dex, +1 int, +2 con, -2 cha,
    (lvl 1) ability to see invisible creatures.
    Vampyre
    Born a true vampyre.
    Your character is a Vampyre, a true vampire from birth. Your mother was bitten by a vampyre while she was pregnant of you. You have been bestowed a curse no known spell, magic item or supernatural ability can cure.
    (lvl 1) vampires: doubled bloodpoints as vampire.
    (lvl 1) vampires: +30% blood complexity.
    (lvl 1) race category changed to undead.
    Water Elemental
    (lvl 1) +50% cold resistance.
    (lvl 1) mages are named 'hydromancer'.
    (lvl 1) automatic access to hydromancy skill.
    (lvl 1) breathe water.
    (lvl 1) spells and weapons act as if imbued with a 'ter' rune.

Several types planned:
- Draconic types
- Skeletal (Normal->Zombie-> :P)
- Lich (your character has performed the ritual to becoming an immortal lich, but has to re-learn everything in the proces).
- Giant

Edit: Fixed mindflayer listing

Last edited by Celeborn on Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:28 pm 
Tri-Avatar
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

celeborn...

i want to have your babies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:17 pm 
Tri-Avatar

Very interesting. I full support getting additional bonuses as you increase in epic levels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:16 pm 
Dual-Avatar

The elementals seem more or less balanced with each other and serve as a decent balance for the rest of the ancestries, so I will base my suggestions with them as the midpoint.

Angelic seems to have a bit too much added into it, but I see how it is all connected. They seem a bit too strong because of the schools that they gain extra complexities in. The sacrifice skill also requires a bit more information. I'm going to assume that it will cause death to the user as implied by the name, but does the amount of hp restored to the party depend on the hp/hp percentage that the user currently has? Theology also must be expanded upon.

Construct is an interesting class. As it stands, the lack of regeneration and healing are a major liability. Not needing to eat (and assumedly drink) is a trivial matter, but if the impossibility of criticals on constructs extends to them, this would be a nice advantage. With the advent of the overhauled resist system, they would likely find themselves easily killed with no way to heal. If some way to repair apart from blacksmiths were to be added, however, this would be a very powerful ancestry.

A powerful ancestry for an offensive caster. I'm not too familiar with the new damagetypes, but I'm gonna guess that the scourge resistance is against whips. This is a rather underused class of weapons last I was playing, so it doesn't seem too great. Overall, it seems to be a good ancestry for offensive casters. Occult needs some explanation.

Earth elementals seems slightly more useful than the others because of the mining advantage, but that's not unbalancing.

Lycanthrope doesn't seem overpowered, but I assume that werewolves will have a more powerful than vampires if you want the Lycanthrope starsign to be equal to the Vampyre.

Myconoid is another elemental and as such is pretty balanced.

Mindflayer is pretty balanced, but I'd give them some skills to make use of their extra appendages and lamprey-like mouth...perhaps give a temporary complexity boost when they kill something using the mouth (because then they can eat the brains,) lLong enough to be useful and stackable to an extent, but not something unbalancing.

Ooze is pretty much an elemental, but perhaps, as they get high in the epic levels, they regress back into a slime and as such cannot use all the equipment slots, but gain a complexity boost and when attacked with slashing weapons, weak mobiles split from them. This idea would probably have to be balanced quite a bit.

Thrall seems very weak. A couple of stat points do not compare to complexity bonuses. No suggestions, but they need serious work.

Vampyre seems like a balanced starsign, if more useful blood school spells are added in.

Skeletal and giant ancestries seem like they could be balanced well with the current starsigns. A draconic ancestry could be a bit more difficult to balance while living true to the fear that should be instilled at the sight of them, but still workable.

For lich ancestries, I would make a suggestion. Perhaps lich, along with others, could be a bonus at a certain epic level, most likely e500 or even e1000 as the system currently stands. At this level, you would go on an insanely difficult quest and recieve the ability to do something either similar to multiclass or replace their starsign with the quest reward (although in most circumstances not be forced). Lich would recieve a complexity bonus stronger than any other starsign but also recieve large downgrades to their constitution, dexterity, charisma, and strength due to their condition. They would be immune to criticals from non-holy avenger weapons the same as other undead, though, I would imagine. I may even suggest doing this with the lycanthrope starsign, depending on how strong you would like to make them.

I would also suggest some angelic or demonic armor that is unusable by demonic and angelic starsigns respectively.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:17 pm 

Possibly becoming your full type at e1000? Would start to give people a little more reason to level up.

Not to mention it'd be a difficult yet attainable goal.

I like all of these. I really think they are fairly well balanced (thrall might need a small boost). I can't wait to see the other and more final versions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:24 pm 
Tri-Avatar

Thremp wrote:
Possibly becoming your full type at e1000? Would start to give people a little more reason to level up.

I like all of these. I really think they are fairly well balanced (thrall might need a small boost). I can't wait to see the other and more final versions.

I agree with Thremp here, except I feel that the full type should be higher than e1000. Give those high epic levels something REALLY hard to shoot for. Maybe the ancestries 'super' bonuses don't come into effect until e1500 or even e2000, with progressive increases.

I won't comment on balance or anything like that, because theres simply not enough info to go on. The ideas are sound though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:30 pm 
Dual-Avatar

weems wrote:
Thremp wrote:

I agree with Thremp here, except I feel that the full type should be higher than e1000. Give those high epic levels something REALLY hard to shoot for. Maybe the ancestries 'super' bonuses don't come into effect until e1500 or even e2000, with progressive increases.

I won't comment on balance or anything like that, because theres simply not enough info to go on. The ideas are sound though.

Seconded...and if you think about it, how hard would it even be to add a new bonus or two every 500-1000 epic levels. It's not like you're gonna have to do more than 1 or 2 every couple weeks to keep up with the players. Ever increasing ones would be nice also in order to set apart e5000 from e500.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:38 pm 
Tri-Avatar

Well, this is all semantics really. You could be a so called 'full' Fiend at e1000, but then at e1500 you could move on to even higher. It all depends on how people want it scaled.

It might even depend on the specific ancestry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:28 pm 
Arch-Caretaker

Quintos wrote:
Angelic seems to have a bit too much added into it, but I see how it is all connected. They seem a bit too strong because of the schools that they gain extra complexities in. The sacrifice skill also requires a bit more information. I'm going to assume that it will cause death to the user as implied by the name, but does the amount of hp restored to the party depend on the hp/hp percentage that the user currently has? Theology also must be expanded upon.

Sacrifice means: <sac self> -> full healh for all living beings in your party, death for you. I think the XP penalty and hindrance of death justifies it giving a full heal.

Quintos wrote:
Construct is an interesting class. As it stands, the lack of regeneration and healing are a major liability. Not needing to eat (and assumedly drink) is a trivial matter, but if the impossibility of criticals on constructs extends to them, this would be a nice advantage. With the advent of the overhauled resist system, they would likely find themselves easily killed with no way to heal. If some way to repair apart from blacksmiths were to be added, however, this would be a very powerful ancestry.

Constructs resist criticals. They are designed to be capable of taking major punishment (so relatively safe from sudden death) but unable to heal during a fight (less endurance). If the resistances /are/ changed it means I will give them hitpoints to match.

Quintos wrote:
A powerful ancestry for an offensive caster. I'm not too familiar with the new damagetypes, but I'm gonna guess that the scourge resistance is against whips. This is a rather underused class of weapons last I was playing, so it doesn't seem too great. Overall, it seems to be a good ancestry for offensive casters. Occult needs some explanation.

Scourge is a magical damage type, best compared to a power of disease, evil. Undead wield it, as do demons.

Quintos wrote:
Lycanthrope doesn't seem overpowered, but I assume that werewolves will have a more powerful than vampires if you want the Lycanthrope starsign to be equal to the Vampyre.

Lycanthrope needs to be developed a bit more. any suggestions for powers are welcome.

Quintos wrote:
Mindflayer is pretty balanced, but I'd give them some skills to make use of their extra appendages and lamprey-like mouth...perhaps give a temporary complexity boost when they kill something using the mouth (because then they can eat the brains,) lLong enough to be useful and stackable to an extent, but not something unbalancing.

I was thinking a brainsucking finishing move, like a partial hitpoint restore upon killing :P

Quintos wrote:
Thrall seems very weak. A couple of stat points do not compare to complexity bonuses. No suggestions, but they need serious work.

agreed

Quintos wrote:
For lich ancestries, I would make a suggestion. Perhaps lich, along with others, could be a bonus at a certain epic level, most likely e500 or even e1000 as the system currently stands. At this level, you would go on an insanely difficult quest and recieve the ability to do something either similar to multiclass or replace their starsign with the quest reward (although in most circumstances not be forced). Lich would recieve a complexity bonus stronger than any other starsign but also recieve large downgrades to their constitution, dexterity, charisma, and strength due to their condition. They would be immune to criticals from non-holy avenger weapons the same as other undead, though, I would imagine. I may even suggest doing this with the lycanthrope starsign, depending on how strong you would like to make them.

Could you explain the in game reasoning behind giving them the ability to multiclass? sounds a bit like you played a different case where becoming a lich bestowed this power. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:42 pm 
Dual-Avatar

Celeborn wrote:
Could you explain the in game reasoning behind giving them the ability to multiclass? sounds a bit like you played a different case where becoming a lich bestowed this power. :P

All other ancestries would have some common...ancestry, whether they are a family through 'disease' such as vampyres or lycanthropes, or a clan of mages with similar elemental powers. Lich, as I understand them, have sought absolute power and feel that they are above life, death, and all things living and dead. This makes me feel that it is not so much an ancestry as an accomplishment. Looking back over the ancestries, some, such as mindflayers and ooze don't seem so much of ancestries as they are races either.

Post subject: Re: (Racepatch) Character Ancestries
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:32 pm 
Tri-Avatar

Celeborn wrote:
    Lycanthrope
    Bitten by a lycanthrope.
    Your Character can transform into a wolf human hybrid.

Okay, I love werewolves. Not sure if I would ever play one myself, but I have always been a huge fan of the species, so I'm going to toss out my ideas for some werewolf transformations. I feel that they should be a somewhat top heavy class, not getting their truly awesome powers until later.

Epic level 1:
+2 str, +2 dex, -2cha
(Wolf form)
You transform into a normal sized and appearanced wolf. This transformation is identical to the shapeshift transformation.

Epic level 150:
(stat bonuses are total, not additional)
+3 str, +3 dex, -3cha
(Lesser Werewolf form)
You gain the ability to transform into a lesser werewolf. Standing 5 inches taller than your prior self, you are hunched over, running on all fours, but standing upright to attack your prey. Appearance would be like a bipedal wolf, with proportionally long arms. Your weapons drop into your inventory. (some sort of technical thing would have to allow the weapons to always be safe.)
Bonuses/penalties while in lesser werewolf form:
Speed +20 (like the kind haste adds, not movement speed)
Dual wield set to 90% while werewolf, if it isn't already.
Claw attack: Your weapons are turned into 'claws', retaining all their properties. OR, if you decide to transform holding nothing:Your right and left fists are treated as mitrill talons of your epic level, max of e300 weapons.
+30 to regeneration.
+15 to magic resistance.
+30 to damage reduction.
You cannot cast spells in lesser werewolf form.
You can not speak in lesser werewolf form.
Punch disabled to prevent half second attacks with uber weapons :P
You automatically leave your group upon becoming a werewolf.
You cannot join any groups.
ANY spells being cast on you, even heals, must pass over your magic resistance to work. (You are hostile towards everybody.)
Max duration of two mins, before you turn back to normal, and forcibly vomit. Twice. 15 minute timer before you can transform again.

Anyway, thats my idea of a werewolf. Me and Quintos were talking on MSN about this a lot. His idea was also that if you got hit for x% of your total hp, you might spontaneously turn into a werewolf for 15 seconds or so. At the upper end, their regeneration should be high enough so that they don't even NEED heal while a werewolf. 50+ hp per second regen.

Also, higher level werewolfs would gain consistently more control over transforming, and eventually aquire passive bonuses (although not as extreme as the ones listed.) While the idea of having silver weapons do extra damage to them is alluring, I feel it would subtract to the equipment aspect of the game. I don't like to see weapons tailored to one race (besides runewords.)

Blah de blah.

EDIT::::
Forgot to add, when you are in werewolf form, you are also under the effects of the pvp adrenaline rush, so you can't do things like runewalk away or zap yourself with recall or read a scroll of recall etc. Being in werewolf form should make you powerful, but also vulnerable.

EDIT NUMBA TWO::::
Maybe ONE .25 strength vomit? I didn't realize a vomit reduced your life by 75%. I thought it was much lower. I wanted it to be noticable, to represent the discomfort of changing forms, but not something likely to kill you. So yeah, a vomit that reduces your current hp by 25% would be fine.

Last edited by weems on Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:02 am 
Dual-Avatar

As weems says, we were discussing this on MSN. One of the suggestions is that which he mentioned. Similar to orcs, these beasts will fall into a sort of feral rage. I would suggest that when being hit for at least 15% of their max health, lycanthropes have a chance of 1/sqrt(elevel/10) of transforming into a werewolf for 5 seconds. with a cooldown of one minute, separate from the usual cooldown. This would be both a blessing and a curse because although they would gain extra resistance, speed, damage, and dr, they would lose the ability to heal themselves for that period of time. As their powers got stronger and it became a pure blessing, they would have less chance of triggering it: 100% up to e10, 50% at e40, 25% at e160, 20% at e250, and 10% at e1000. This would not trigger vomitting at wearoff.

I would also suggest that when purposely going into wereform, they would gain a pack advantage of 2 wolves of elevel(elevel/2) if they are not in a group. This may also change depending on elevel...possibly elevel/150 wolves or something along these lines.

This pack aspect would expand to groups. When they go into wolf form, they would not stop following 'alpha males' (lycanthropes of comparable or higher levels) and would not disband their pack regardless of ancestry. They would not, however, continue to follow any non-lycanthropes or lower level lycanthropes.

Around level e1000 or so, I believe weems and I decided, they would more or less have control over their powers. They would rarely go into wereform uncontrolled and gain a decent amount of passive bonuses.

While in wereform, they should also gain a bite attack (MAYBE with some leech) and possibly others to account for their bestiality.

Edit 1:
I would also suggest that as they go up in the epic levels, the duration and cooldown go down proportionally or they gain the ability to go in and out of wereform with a cap of 2 minutes every 15 minutes or just the cooldown time lowers, although quite slowly...maybe down to 10 minutes by e1000. The affect of wereform on the body should also lessen depending on the body's acceptance, I would suggest damage of maxhp * 150 / (elevel + 150). This means 1/2 maxhp at e150 (when it is first unlocked), 1/3 at e300, going down to about 13% at e1000.

Last edited by Quintos on Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:18 am 
Tri-Avatar

And maybe all these ideas are way too complicated? I'm not exactly sure just how influential these ancestries should be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:35 am 
Dual-Avatar

weems wrote:
And maybe all these ideas are way too complicated? I'm not exactly sure just how influential these ancestries should be.
Well the fact that we have vampires and there is an ancestry influencing them, I'm guessing that lycanthrophes, which appear to be available only through an ancestry, should be developed even more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:44 am 
Dual-Avatar
 E-mail  YIM  Profile

all looks good cept for Lycanthrope and Thrall. and i dont know much about thrall but i have read alot about Lycans. i think a few trivial bonuses like being able to "see" hidden or invisible Creatures/People due to their good sence of smell, being able to hear stuff on the world map or an elemental plain one room or 2 rooms away due to good hearing, and only get their bonuses during the night time when the moon is out, but get their bonuses doubled during a full moon, they would be able to transform at will but only during night, during the daytime they would be equal to whatever race they are with no starsign. being weak to silver would also be a good idea, but not enough to unbalance it. maby insted of increasing dmg you could increase crit range. i belive silver is 3x normaly, so maby increase it to 5x to make it slightly more useful than mitrill and add in somthing like poison or regen reduction when wounded by anything that would pierce or cut the skin. i also like the idea of a feral rage, but maby add it in so that they only get it when in their transformed state. and i like the weapon idea weems came up with about their hands turning into mitrill claws equal to their elvl, since you wouldnt be able to enchant the claws it isnt too unbalancing, but i dont think there should be a cap on the lvl. i have yet to come up with good stat additions and redutions

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:53 pm 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Yes, Full form should be insane, say e2000.

However, after full form...perhaps they could have the option to start off as a level 1 character again, but full formed?

To make this attractive, each time you "re-mortaled" you could gain 1 power from a list, perhaps a starsign power, but stacked. Not the full list mind you, but perhaps an aspect of it? For instance:

I have finally gotten my character to re-mort, my original starsign was "The Knight" but I like the idea of my weapons being imbued with a fir rune, so I selected "weapons do damage as if wielded by someone under the starsign of the sun".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:38 pm 
Dual-Avatar

I like this idea Avestifal, but if we were to do this, I would allow the whole list of starsign powers. If you get all the way to e2000, why haven't you earned the ability to get an extra starsign power? I wouldn't even be opposed to gaining a power or two from another ancestry. If we want people to do it, we need to give them a good reason to. If someone has the patience to get to e2000 and then give it up, I wouldn't be opposed to giving them another full ancestry OR starsign.

Edit: Second thought, perhaps there would be sets of powers that these e2000 players could choose from. Perhaps they get their full powers from level 1, but, as they level, they gain a new utility set of powers. These would be unique from starsigns and ancestries, although there would be some overlap. Lich could be done like this...one set may give 15% higher complexities and set your type to undead...or one may transform you into a draconic being... Another possibility is a couple tiers of powers that you can choose from...So you may have an initial draconic being and each time you get e2000, you become more draconic until you are a full dragon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:10 pm 
Lowbie

well if where realy going with alignments would the ocults/theology skill work as a new kind of elemetnal power like pyromancy? darkness(shadow) runes and light runes?
and then what about making celestials weaker to dark and demonics weaker to light.

(tough i would like casting stuff with a darkness rune into it)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:06 pm 
I don't think the werewolves should vomit after coming out of the transformation. I would think that it would just affect their mentalstate for a time. I also think when transformed, they should only be able to be grouped with other werewolves, no matter what form of werewolf it is. The reason for this being that werewolves are just based on real wolves, which work best in a pack, so possibly werewolves should even get a bonus for being grouped with other werewolves? like a slight boost in strength and regeneration or something? Werewolves should also get a somewhat larger bonus if they transform during a full moon.

I also think that the e2000 thing is a bit extreme...that would take years of work to get...i think it should be lowered to about e500 or somewhere under e1000 at least...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:44 pm 
Tri-Avatar

Trav wrote:
I also think that the e2000 thing is a bit extreme...that would take years of work to get...i think it should be lowered to about e500 or somewhere under e1000 at least...

Thats the idea. The last thing I want to see is a bunch of like, player dragons running around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:26 pm 
Dual-Avatar

Trav wrote:

Actually it would not nearly take years of work to get, but that is the idea. It would take about 1000 hours of actual epiccing at the most...and one level every 30 minutes is a very low estimate. If you level for 5 hours per day, this would be 200 days. In reality, levelling for an hour or two per day could probably get it in under a year..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:48 pm 

I believe that some skills or formations should come through age. This would benefit people like me, who don't necesarily level or craft much, but focus more on the role playing aspect of dark-legacy. I've been playin dl for a very long time now. Some suggestions:

1. Lycanthropy- Have some different styles of transformations come in with age. The older you are, the stronger the style will be. These could be totally optional. If someone wants to get to epic1000 at age 100 thats fine, but people who like to enjoy the other aspects of the game aren't going to appreciate this. It shouldn't be all about mindless leveling.

2. Vampyre- Have some age only skills come into play as they reach 1000 years of age and beyond, such as levitation or the ability to suck more blood, and much faster.

These are very vague ideas, but comments/critisism is appreciated. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:14 pm 
Dual-Avatar

While it may sound good, I do not agree with bonuses given out purely on age. It's pointless to reward idling. Why should I be rewarded for idling for 3 months by gaining new skills? If, perhaps, new skills were unlocked when you reach a certain threshold such as both e1000 and 1000 years of age, I would be less opposed. I do not see any reason to reward them for age instead of level, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:16 pm 
Retired Caretaker
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

that sounds reasonable, it would help combat the annoyances i have with powerlevelled players.

there's still ways around it of course, but it's a good idea

Quintos wrote:
While it may sound good, I do not agree with bonuses given out purely on age. It's pointless to reward idling. Why should I be rewarded for idling for 3 months by gaining new skills? If, perhaps, new skills were unlocked when you reach a certain threshold such as both e1000 and 1000 years of age, I would be less opposed. I do not see any reason to reward them for age instead of level, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:55 pm 
Tri-Avatar

Isabelle wrote:
that sounds reasonable, it would help combat the annoyances i have with powerlevelled players.

there's still ways around it of course, but it's a good idea

Quintos wrote:

That wouldn't stop powerleveling at all. The idea behind powerleveling is to save yourself time and effort, not to have a character with a low age.

If you are going to powerlevel, but you have to idle as well after, who cares? It's the same thing, It wouldn't even have ANY effect. NONE. It would do nothing at all, except you would see people idle more. Thats it. Powerleveling would not be affected in the tiniest of tiny ways by that.

Age should count for absolutely nothing, unless it takes more than idling to get.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next