Dark Legacy MUD Forum

Multi User Fantasy Text Game
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:38 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Psionicist
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:59 pm 
Lowbie
 E-mail  WWW  ICQ  Profile

Post all possible changes you would like to see to this class. Also, list current pros, cons and strongest skills/spells. Enjoy :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:51 am 

Well one of te cons i noticed is that when you use spells out of idols, such as strength and such that it takes away from your favor. Now i understand its a big deity thing and i remember back wheni was playing a couple years ago that clerics were the only class that didnt recive penalties when using idol of heal and i think something like that should be implemented like when a certain class is using an idol that if that is their better magic school that they should not recieve bonuses.

Now most of you may say that its not a big deal but i use alot of stat boosters like strength and such and it takes a toll on your favor if ur not careful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:22 am 

if your using a stat spell it's 'likely' that your killing something, sacing the corpses isn't a big deal. there's even config +autosac.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:17 pm 

yes i do use them while killing things and i so sac the corpses i have a trigger i use portal gt its just that i like having full favor and sometimes using those spells can take off quite a bit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:11 pm 
Dual-Avatar

The story with idols can be related to the story of moses and the 10 commandments, and how he found everyone worshipping an idol.

Anyways, the same thing goes for these gods, they don't want you worshipping idols either, however, if you are a cleric or paladin, they realize that this is part of your line of work, and they will look the other way for you. 8)

PS who uses auto sac anyways?! if there's a chest in the corpse you saced, you just screwed yourself! if i did something like that it would nag me like, "Hey, there just might have been a 'surp' in that one"
would keep me up all night. :lol:

And the angels sang in immaculate chorus, and down from the heavens decended Chuck Norris!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:01 pm 
Caretaker
 WWW  YIM  Profile

#TRIGGER {(*) is {DEAD|DESTROYED|VANQUISHED}!!} {take chest corpse;sac corpse}

*hehe*

Post subject: Re: Psionicist
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:03 pm 
Tri-Avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Kariyana wrote:
Post all possible changes you would like to see to this class. Also, list current pros, cons and strongest skills/spells. Enjoy :)
Here a idea for psionicist the masterminds. Give them a "mindwreach prism or skill" Since psionicist have mind effects like sleep prism. This skill will need a code for mentalstate damage similar to headbutt that make a person dazes and making the person unstable like a drug effect in the mind (on offence for pill or medic user).
Seriuosly tho psionicist need some kind of mind effects for mentalstate to to make up for the weak body psionicist have already. Some thing that make them unpredictable and power by willpower only :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:50 am 

i think psions should get a different system tan mana, come on, why would a person that has menatl power be using mana for its attacks, mana is magic, psions should have psy or somthing mental :D :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:04 am 
Retired Caretaker
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

in game, type help prompt, help prompt2

then make a custom prompt replacing mana with whatever name you deem appropriate :)

all done

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:41 pm 

isa you know what i meant

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:34 am 

isa....what he is trying to say is hat they have a different system of ebnergy to use for the spells they use because a psion is using a different medium in which to use attacks, which would basically be like if for example there is a psion with a biav of mage that it would have both psychic points and mana points to use

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:54 am 
Retired Caretaker
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

yes i know what he meant, but i don't agree with it :)

consider the power that mages use simply "internal energy"

consider the power that psionicists use simply "internal energy"

give both a name, pick a name, any name, how about "mana"

A mage uses this energy, and gets weakened, until such time as this energy is depleted.

A psionicist uses this energy, and gets weakened, until such time as this energy is depleted.

When a player is both a mage, and a psionicist, you have a little bit more of this internal energy usually, but whichever one you draw on for your powers, it will still weaken you.

Now, if you're suggesting a complete overhaul, where the psionicist gets "NONE" of a druids/mages/clerics spells, and instead only gets their psionic ability, and energy, then sure, that sounds fine, up until a player becomes dual or tri classed, and chooses one of their classes as mage, then it becomes lopsided. Because up to that point, psionicists would have needed to be made powerful enough to fight without a secondary class. WHen you add an extra class with basically a copy of their energy, then you use up all your mana, and then you use up all your psi energy.

PSI / Cleric against Mage / Cleric = PSI Owning Mage/Cleric

so then you need to give mages and clerics their own energy bars too

man, what a hassle ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:02 am 
Retired Caretaker
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

fprompt &zHP|&R%h&z/&W%H&z| MANA|&R%m&z/&W%M&z| PSI|&R%m&z/&W%M&z| MOVE|&R%v&z/&W%V&z| %sSTYLE|&W%S&z| Enemy|&R%D&z| Dist|&W%z&z| Pet|&W%p&z| Bal %o

would be like

HP|51363/51363| MANA|21375/21369| PSI|21375/21375| MOVE|1364/1366|
STYLE|S| Enemy|**********| Dist|313| Pet|N/A| Bal |+++++

easier, both drain at same time, needless.. but.. ya know :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:47 am 

i see now, it would be as annoying as heck to code and to balance, ok.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:04 pm 

just so we all know i wasnt agreeing with using the psi energy i wus just trying to explain it but yeah it would be too much trouble with programming and such as gerret said

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:57 am 

I think Psionists should suffer a severe penalty if they have a headache.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:01 pm 

do we even have headaches in this MUD?
thats beyond the point, if we had this we would have to have a similar penalty to EVERY other class to balance the loss of power for the psion having a headache...otherwise you would have to put permanent deductions to other classes to balance the loss of power that the psion has received...think about it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:54 pm 
Tri-Avatar

I think he was joking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:41 am 

I was joking, but this discussion was lame, so we'll talk about this instead.

Michael, you're right. If there were headaches to be had, every class would suffer. But it'd be far more of a hinderance to someone who's based off the brain. That's why I said 'severe penalty'.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:35 pm 
Tri-Avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

i think psionicist should have more effect mind power spells good example is drain or the psionic blow that can be only use once per battle( to use it again you need to flee and use the psionic blow again) ok psi can revesre stat to over power there for with a til rune and the race for a better effect. Psionicist needs better mind blending power. Other then charm person, sleep, drain, psionic blow, psionic blast, and any other i miss beside psionic blast sucks because not for the damage on it but there no effects. The existing spells are fine so far. Psionicist need more effecting spells! :twisted:
:arrow: maybe psionicist should have a freeze spell (kinda like bash that force the mob/player to fallback)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:09 pm 
Tri-Avatar

Zidane wrote:
i think psionicist should have more effect mind power spells good example is drain or the psionic blow that can be only use once per battle( to use it again you need to flee and use the psionic blow again) ok psi can revesre stat to over power there for with a til rune and the race for a better effect. Psionicist needs better mind blending power. Other then charm person, sleep, drain, psionic blow, psionic blast, and any other i miss beside psionic blast sucks because not for the damage on it but there no effects. The existing spells are fine so far. Psionicist need more effecting spells! :twisted:
:arrow: maybe psionicist should have a freeze spell (kinda like bash that force the mob/player to fallback)

No they don't. Psions are already powerful enough. The only way you could justify giving them more spells is if you took other things away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:23 pm 
Tri-Avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

:shock: im really stock that that you think psionicist are powerful? i still thing psionicist need more effective spells in there mind spells. After all we are talk about a class basic on mind control effect on players. If you think psionic's are already powerful enough. then i agree on the part you could justify by giving them more effect spells (that already exist) so basically just add a effect on psionic blast psionic blow or an other mind spell.
:arrow:
    psionic blast can have like a "add on" like freeze
    psionic blow can be uses more then once per battle and a "add on" bash/make mob/players to fallback some

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:13 pm 
Tri-Avatar
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

on that thing about internal energies, isa, i remember from some dungeon and dragon thingy that mages are ethereal energy, and psionicists are internal entergies, from the mind....

yeap

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:54 pm 
Tri-Avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

I still say psioicist need more spell attacking wise wth better effects.
Thats what make them special
    Just a add effect for psionicist make a spell that can Reflect spell at the caster

Quintos wrote:
your the best Zidane i dont know why i pick on you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:23 pm 
 YIM  Profile

psions DO NOT need any more spells theya re already efective if you know what your doing and know how to use the skills you are given