Dark Legacy MUD Forum

Multi User Fantasy Text Game
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:07 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Prestege Class -:Designs:-
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 5:59 pm 

If you have been reading the Prestege Class thread, this is the thread where you can post your own original ideas for a Prestege Class.

Please note that the idea of a prestege class is not to create an entirely new class, it's a 'focus' in the current class. At best, it will possibly change your race, description, a few stats and adjust your abilities.
The idea is that it does not give you any overall advantages, it just gives you advantages here, but handicaps you there.

eg:
Soothsayer: This prestege class derives from either the Psionist or Mage.
Race: other than becoming aged and loosing an eye, no change.
Description: The Soothsayer appears aged beyond years, not that missing an eye helps his complexion. This is a sage who carries a legend of being able to read future events, even those in the immediate future. You wonder if such an oracle could exist, just as you are about to open your mouth to ask him he looks you strait in the eyes with his single eye and nods. (in lesser words, this is an oracle like charicter, it can predict things)
Stats: maybe an adjustment of char/dex vs. int/wis. Or adjust the complexities slightly.
Abilities:
Read: At any time the Soothsayer has the ability to use 'deem' free of mana charge.
Foreordination: During combat, the soothsayer tells the enemy of his demise as he administers it, (reduces enemy complexity/miss factor?).
Prediction(always active): gives a +10% chance to forsee any attack and avoid it completely.
Constant visions:(always active) The soothsayer is constatly bombarded with visions while in combat, this greatly slows his attacks.
Strange eating habits: The Soothsayer is absolutely disgusted by summoned food for no apparent reason (cannot eat summoned food).

bleh, could work. :roll:

let's see what you got.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:37 pm 
Tri-Avatar

Devoted Cleric

Requirements:
Cleric class.
Any race.
Any deity.
2500 favor.
Completion of some quest and/or a LARGE sum of money.

Benefits:
Depending on your deity, you gain special power(s).
I will use Balthildis as an example:
Balthildis holds reign over the powers of chaos, and can manipulate the energies to your benefit.
-Wild surges are half as likely to happen, and when they do the effects are never negative (always active).
-All spells cast are tainted with the powers of chaos, and therefore have an 10% chance of having their effects doubled in potency. (restrictions apply, only works on some spells, always active).

Downsides:
Again depends on your deity, but I'll use Balthildis again as an example:
Chaos energies are a two way road, and can harm as much as they help. The Clerics of Balthildis have a deep understanding of the trade-off.
-Every time the cleric casts a spell, there is a .5% chance he will experience a surge of negative chaotic energies. It will last for 6 minutes and reduce all saving throws by 15, reduce his mobility by 15, and cause all spells cast to work at only half potency (works on all the same spells as the benefit power).

Universal downside:
Regardless of which deity you choose, you have the following downside:
-Changing your deity has harsh implications. If you do, you lose this prestige class, and can never take it again, even with a different deity. You will not be refunded your gold, and you will suffer the Gods Disfavor. You will never be able to go above 2000 favor.

Eh, all this seems like it could be a ton of work for Celeborn. He probably has his hands full with the economy, crafting, and races :shock: . I doubt it will ever happen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:52 pm 
Tri-Avatar

That example downside for Balthildis might be too large btw. Think of how much you cast spells in epics. Ew. But anyway, was just an example, not to be taken literally.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 7:18 pm 

It's a cool use of Favour, and i love the idea of random bursts of random power :-=

weems wrote:
Eh, all this seems like it could be a ton of work for Celeborn. He probably has his hands full with the economy, crafting, and races :shock: . I doubt it will ever happen.

As for being a ton of work, i likely do not understand the scale of this project, but i imagine it as being simple and possible, all that is required is literally only modifying a player: +1 here, -2 there, a 'list' of skills locked and unlocked, plus changing the players title. Prestege class could literally be a spell with no expiration that the player is 'affected by' which merely modifies (eg. that ring that turns you into a teddy bear)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 10:22 am 

Deleted.

- Ten

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 10:24 am 

phwned?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 11:21 am 

No - what happened was that I had an idea after reading *this* topic, but realized after posting that it belonged in the *other* prestige class thread.

- Ten