Request for help on computer issue

Discuss all your computer or technology topics here

Moderators: Imps, Moderators, Caretakers

Sardonyx
Caretaker

Post by Sardonyx »

I might have mentioned I am computer illiterate? I did however get a good laugh picturing myself "flashing" the computer screen. Seriously though what do you mean by "flash my bios"? roflol I'm not even too sure what a bios is.:)

Sardonyx
Zidane
Tri-Avatar

Post by Zidane »

Sardonyx wrote:I might have mentioned I am computer illiterate? I did however get a good laugh picturing myself "flashing" the computer screen. Seriously though what do you mean by "flash my bios"? roflol I'm not even too sure what a bios is.:)

Sardonyx
im not sure what Fiona bio's idea would work. I would just take it to get repaired if you havn't fix it by a weeks time or illiterated. Just save some money or find out from a computer store if they repair CPU. It shouldn't cost no more then 75$ to fix depending on your location. i heard TigerDirect.com mades up to date computers you might want to look into it. Again the computer store that i live by are here in miami. They should be in different areas around the states.
Dr. Zidane of The Forsaken
Zeraphin
Arch-Caretaker

Post by Zeraphin »

BIOS flash can fix a range of issues but is a somewhat technical operation that can potentially turn your computer into a brick.
Zeraphin Chan
Dark Angel of Balthildis
Celeborn
Arch-Caretaker
Main Char: Celeborn

Post by Celeborn »

Are you lacking in handy nephews who can give your system a once-over, Sard? :P (Its the destiny of anyone who works with computers, end up fixing your aunt or uncles PC. They cant avoid it!)
Sardonyx
Caretaker

Post by Sardonyx »

Seems I was blessed with a nephew and 2 nieces that know even less about computers than I do Cele. My kids know more than me about *operating* them but nothing about the inner workings or how to keep them going. As far as taking it to a professional, I am afraid the expense(which I don't have anyway) would be wasted on this outdated Dell. Better to save my pennies for a new one and put up with this one's fits until it crash and burns completly.

Hugz,
Sardonyx
Zidane
Tri-Avatar

Post by Zidane »

Sardonyx wrote:Seems I was blessed with a nephew and 2 nieces that know even less about computers than I do Cele. My kids know more than me about *operating* them but nothing about the inner workings or how to keep them going. As far as taking it to a professional, I am afraid the expense(which I don't have anyway) would be wasted on this outdated Dell. Better to save my pennies for a new one and put up with this one's fits until it crash and burns completly.

Hugz,
Sardonyx
New computer or Upgrade the old 1 :P
Dr. Zidane of The Forsaken