Dark Legacy MUD Forum

Multi User Fantasy Text Game
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:25 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:30 pm 
Caretaker

I might have mentioned I am computer illiterate? I did however get a good laugh picturing myself "flashing" the computer screen. Seriously though what do you mean by "flash my bios"? roflol I'm not even too sure what a bios is.:)

Sardonyx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:43 pm 
Tri-Avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Sardonyx wrote:
I might have mentioned I am computer illiterate? I did however get a good laugh picturing myself "flashing" the computer screen. Seriously though what do you mean by "flash my bios"? roflol I'm not even too sure what a bios is.:)

Sardonyx
im not sure what Fiona bio's idea would work. I would just take it to get repaired if you havn't fix it by a weeks time or illiterated. Just save some money or find out from a computer store if they repair CPU. It shouldn't cost no more then 75$ to fix depending on your location. i heard TigerDirect.com mades up to date computers you might want to look into it. Again the computer store that i live by are here in miami. They should be in different areas around the states.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:49 pm 
Arch-Caretaker
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

BIOS flash can fix a range of issues but is a somewhat technical operation that can potentially turn your computer into a brick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:02 am 
Arch-Caretaker

Are you lacking in handy nephews who can give your system a once-over, Sard? :P (Its the destiny of anyone who works with computers, end up fixing your aunt or uncles PC. They cant avoid it!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:13 pm 
Caretaker

Seems I was blessed with a nephew and 2 nieces that know even less about computers than I do Cele. My kids know more than me about *operating* them but nothing about the inner workings or how to keep them going. As far as taking it to a professional, I am afraid the expense(which I don't have anyway) would be wasted on this outdated Dell. Better to save my pennies for a new one and put up with this one's fits until it crash and burns completly.

Hugz,
Sardonyx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:58 pm 
Tri-Avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Sardonyx wrote:
Seems I was blessed with a nephew and 2 nieces that know even less about computers than I do Cele. My kids know more than me about *operating* them but nothing about the inner workings or how to keep them going. As far as taking it to a professional, I am afraid the expense(which I don't have anyway) would be wasted on this outdated Dell. Better to save my pennies for a new one and put up with this one's fits until it crash and burns completly.

Hugz,
Sardonyx
New computer or Upgrade the old 1 :P