Dark Legacy MUD Forum

Multi User Fantasy Text Game
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:51 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Fable (Xbox Console)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:08 am 
Caretaker
 E-mail  WWW  YIM  Profile

Alright, so I had the luck to play around with the Fable game over the weekend and so far I have to say I love it. I`ve managed to woo half the female population and a couple of guys in the little world, I`ve managed to go through the Greatwoods so many times that I left there with well over 8000 experience. Kinda getting tired of it repopping in all honesty.

Uhm, I killed a load of villagers...If anyone could suggest a way for me to kill them and not get beat up by the guards, lemme know.

Little help to those who would like to know...

When you go to see the seeress in the Bandits Camp, do NOT i repeat do NOT go during the daytime. Go when it`s just getting dark, kill every guard you see, hide behind the large boulder then wait for the time to run out and the next group of guards to come out. When that happens, wait for the 3rd guard to have his back to you at the bend. Run towards the door. It`s only those guards that need to see you.

TwinBlade...hmm. Keep dodging him and stay away from the bandits around him. When he shoves his swords in the ground, attack like mad and move cause he throws you aside like nothing.

Now I have a question though also if someone would know it. If anyone has successfully completed the Pirates Treasure quest. I managed to dig up half the beach in Oakvale and still found nothing at all. Is it possible that maybe I missed a clue that he said when I spoke to him? or am I just blind as a bat and should know this better? :P

Anyhoo, lemme know what you guys think of the game..tips..whatever. :)

I'm me. Deal with it.

Post subject: Fable
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:23 am 
 E-mail  Profile

With all that you have said an the things i have read up on Fable i cant wait
for it to be in my grasp.....most likely i will be overly playing it :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:20 pm 
Dual-Avatar

Supposedly, most of the promised features were taken out. As of yet, there is no dragon, sandgoose, singing sword, or extremely long play time (even for a perfect game).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 3:26 pm 
Caretaker
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Sounds awesome Roje, cant wait until I get it :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 5:44 pm 

Yes, many of the original features have been taken out, and it's certainly not the suggested 80 hours of playing time the first time through. But all in all, it's still an amazing rpg like none other. If you liked Knights of the Old Republic (which got game of the year), then you will like this game a hundreds fold. I recommend it to every soul on the planet.

I finished the game in just under 20 hours (while doing every sidequest possible) and even fooling around some as well. Well, my guy is 33 years old.....obese.....balding....goatee and mustache...and has popeye forearms for some reason (I think this is just the game in general). What do your characters look like?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 5:46 pm 
Dual-Avatar

Yeah...how do you spend 4+ years in development, yet still have less than 20 hours of gameplay for a complete game?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:11 pm 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

one word: Slackers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:27 pm 

Not slackers, they just worked on a bunch of stuff that didn't end up being implemented in the end. I would of killed if I had to wait another 5 years for it to come out just so it could be the game they described long ago called Project Ego, but they chose to let us know there begining ideas and we became impatient for it to come out. All I can say is.......expanion please!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 4:06 am 
Caretaker
 WWW  YIM  Profile

i still want it :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 4:10 am 
Dual-Avatar

Eomer wrote:
Not slackers, they just worked on a bunch of stuff that didn't end up being implemented in the end. I would of killed if I had to wait another 5 years for it to come out just so it could be the game they described long ago called Project Ego, but they chose to let us know there begining ideas and we became impatient for it to come out. All I can say is.......expanion please!

Eomer, they have textures for the dragon still on the DVD. They have textures for lots of places/things on the DVD. They have MAPS on the DVD that you can't get to with stuff on them. If they didn't try to do everything at once, they couldve finished most of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:59 am 
Lowbie
 E-mail  WWW  ICQ  Profile

I finally got around to beating it, spent a good amount of time on it. My hubby beat it in two days of non-stop play.

I suggest checking out gamespot.com or ign.com and their player message boards. There's also some walkthrough guides, as well as ways to beat all the quests.

In regards to it comparing equally to KotOR, I disagree. I'd have to put it up there with Morrowind. KotOR and Fable may show similarities as far as a storyline that keeps interest, but where extras are concerned, KotOR makes sure its quests tie directly into the storyline. With Fable, there's ones you can do in regards to completing the game and ones that deal nothing with the plot at all.

With the Bandit Camp and getting past the guards, I didn't have a problem once I got it the first time during the day. You just have to work your sneak and timing better ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:52 am 
Dual-Avatar
 WWW  Profile

i am impress at how much games girls play. most girls i know don't play games at all. Games are pretty much only for guys where i live.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:16 pm 
Caretaker
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Ya don't know girls very well do ya?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:10 pm 

Girls are great, the smarter of the two sexes. Honestly, The "rather male than female" is a stupid sexist remark. It's only true because we are adjusted to the simple non-changing of our lives, females are actually in some species more powerful and smart than the males and therefore more powerful, Sometimes like the preying mantis they eat their mate. Male's, like the fat male next to me, is smart enough to be looking at chromes whereas girls are reading fasinating books about human psychology. Oh great, now he's playing with the sound. I hate the library but, I guess I must endure. Have hope for me. *tries to keep hand away from his hidden knife* ...MUST KILL MALE NEXT TO ME! MUST KIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:11 am 

Skky wrote:
Girls are great, the smarter of the two sexes. Honestly, The "rather male than female" is a stupid sexist remark.

Are you aware that you just made yourself out to be a hypocrite?

First saying females are smarter than males, and then turning around and calling others sexist.

What planet did you come from?

Women are not smarter than males, no more than men are smarter than women. Quite honestly, males and females THINK and FUNCTION on a very different level. To compare the two is like oranges to apples. You can't say one is better than the other. It would then be an opinion, not a fact.

And yes, I'd rather be male than female. Why? Because the idea that I HAFTA bleed every 28 days does not appeal to me in the slightest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:32 am 
Caretaker
 WWW  YIM  Profile

males are better at reading small fonts and females (eep) are better at listening! O-o randomness whee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:40 am 

lingolas wrote:
i am impress at how much games girls play. most girls i know don't play games at all. Games are pretty much only for guys where i live.

Hrm... specifically the city? Or the area. Cause I grew up just over the hill and theres plenty of girl gamers. A bunch of us up in LA too. I think you need to meet more chicks :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:36 pm 
Caretaker
 E-mail  WWW  YIM  Profile

i'm just wondering when fable became all about boys and girls playing games. hello...if i wanna talk about boys and girls...how about a fable with a female lead...i dont mind my little dude marrying some chick, but hello...do i look hetero to you!? lol. anyways. now its relatively back to normal.

I'm me. Deal with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:05 pm 
 YIM  Profile

I played Fable i thought it was a great game i beat it twice one good and one evil and married once. Yes i agree about the girl thing you should have a choice on what u pick. And to me it was to easy to beat took me 7 hours first time *and yes I went through the whole game and got most of the silver keys* and about 6 hours the second but y'all know what i can't wait till halo 2 comes out. :) Fable is the best game out right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:51 pm 

Roje wrote:
but hello...do i look hetero to you!?

You know, I was going to question how someone looks lesbian or not... ...but then I remembered the mullet. Nevermind, carry on.

those who overcome themselves are strong.
~Tao Te Ching