Dark Legacy MUD Forum

Multi User Fantasy Text Game
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:11 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Ascension
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 9:04 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

I just thought of this a minute ago and had to write it down. Ive played muds for years and I have never seen anything like it. But, I think if done well , and someone else actually likes it, it could add a cool aspect to the game.

Okay. You spend your levelling career tryign to Tri-Av in order to become Epic. But with all your power and all your abilities, you still have no changed. You have not gone into the metamorphosis that will cause growth and change in your form. Apon obtaining Tri-Av status, before you choose to take the path of the Epics, you may choose to enter a state of hibernation for a period of time, becoming something different, more than a mortal, but less than a god. You Ascend.

Just a thought,
Darken --
Statistically the Ascension process will add a little to your character before they journey to the epics. A few stat bonus's, abilities, ect.

Each race could have one or more different possible Ascension Races.
A few random ideas could be:

Troll >< Tanar'ri
Orc >< Ba'atezu
Pixie >< Faerie
Ogre >< Pit Fiend
Lizardman >< Naga
Elf >< Seraphim

If you even like the idea, Im sure you can think of more and/or better idea's for the ascended races. The time limit for the metamorphosis process may or may not be a relevant issue. Im not talking overpowered here, but a little added edge and something I think some people might enjoy. And if there are more than one possible ascension class it could also add reasons to level another character.

Maybe each Ascended Race can have a unique ability, something that awakens inside them when they emerge from their cocoon, so to speak.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:49 pm 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

I played a MUD with a similar idea, each race had to undergo a period of exclusion and an expenditure of rare resources in order to change into its next form. For example, a dragon character needed 24 online hours with no channels spent in a room full of a certain amount of gems which were consumed as the dragon became a 'gem dragon'. Basically, sleeping on a giant pile of gem for years embeded them into the dragon's hide, giving it special powers.

Not sure if I really like the idea, but I thought I'd point out that it has been done, and works.

Post subject: race missing
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:36 pm 
Tri-Avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

what about gerps and gnomes? :)

Post subject: Re: Ascension
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:43 pm 
 E-mail  YIM  Profile

i like the specialization ideas. It would be nice, to have a little something worth having instead of just tagging epic and gringing levels. it gets old after awhile, and youve still got the same spells and such. Back to the Specializing in place of Multiclass...awesome idea. I could really see having, say, a vampiric pixie mage ding 50 and instead of mc, u can get some special Fey spells, and/or vampiric abilites of some kind.

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]