|Dark Legacy MUD Forum
|melee vs. casters
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||lingolas [ Sat Mar 19, 2005 8:48 am ]|
|Post subject:||melee vs. casters|
anyone here notice that casters can melee combat as well or nearly as well as a melee figher?
who do you think will win?
1. warrior vs. mage
2. warrior vs. paladin
3. warrior vs. cleric
4. rogue vs. mage
5. rogue vs. paladin
6. rogue vs. cleric
7. warrior rogue vs. paladin/mage
8. warrior rogue vs. paladin/cleric
9. warrior rogue vs. paladin/druid
10. warrior rogue vs. paladin/psion
11. warrior rogue vs. mage/cleric
12. warrior rogue vs. mage/psion
13. warrior rogue vs. cleric psion
14. warrior rogue vs. druid/mage
15. warrior rogue vs. druid/cleric
16. warrior/rogue/bard vs. paladin/mage/cleric
17. warrior/rogue/bard vs. paladin/druid/cleric
18. warrior/rogue/bard vs. paladin/mage/psion
19. warrior/rogue/bard vs. paladin/cleric/bard
20. warrior/rogue vs. paladin/warrior
|Author:||Nuitari [ Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:16 am ]|
1. Depends on whether the warrior has a bow, with a bow he has a chance, without a bow he's dead
2. In melee, the warrior would win because of headbutt. At range, the paladin would win thanks to defensive spells.
3. Most likely, the warrior. The cleric could make a stand outside headbutt range using a ranged weapon and defensive spells, but stands a poor chance due to the warrior's much better weapon/armor skill and (presumably) higher AR/damroll
4. This one seems rather close to me; the rogue has circle and multistrike, the mage has breath and arrow. I'm not sure who has the advantage.
5. The two have similar weapon/armor skills, it comes down to combat skills vs defensive spells. My money's on the paladin with his defensive spells.
6. I'd bet on the rogue. The cleric would most likely run out of mana to heal himself with before he could significantly injure the rogue.
7. Paladin/mage, hands down. Warrior/rogue has awesome combat skills, but the paladin/mage can fight at range with bow and magic plus use defensive magic.
8. Paladin/cleric. Bow + defensive spells vs circle or bow.
9. Paladin/druid. Run away and let the elemental kill the warrior/rogue, while healing yourself.
10. Paladin/psion. He has inferior, but still reasonable, weapon/armor skills. Bow + defensive spells will beat circle or bow.
11. Not sure. If the mage/cleric can use cie runes, he has it, hands down. If not, he might run out of mana from using it for both attack and defense and then be helpless vs bow and circle.
12. Mage/psion has the edge. It's bow or circle vs mage spells, but the mage/psion has some defensive magic.
13. Warrior/rogue would probably win, assuming the cleric/psion can't use cie runes. Cleric/psion will run out of mana before doing significant damage, regardless of whether he uses offensive magic + healing or ranged weapon + healing.
14. Druid/mage would probably win. Elemental + offensive magic + some defensive magic vs circle or bow. Worst case scenario, druid/mage retreats while spamming heal and elemental blasts.
15. Druid/cleric wins easily. Run away and spam heal while elemental blasts away.
16. It's not guaranteed, but I'd bet on the paladin/mage/cleric. Inferior weapon/armor skill and combat skills for vastly superior offensive and defensive magic.
17. Paladin/druid/cleric wins. Elemental + defensive magic + run away.
18. Paladin/mage/psion has the advantage. Offensive + defensive magic, with decent bow/armor skills to back it up.
19. Paladin/cleric/bard. Bow or circle vs bow + defensive magic.
20. At range, the paladin/warrior wins. If they decide to do melee, it depends on who gets stunned, but the warrior/rogue has a slight advantage because his combat skills aren't disabled by stun, wheras part of the paladin's spells are.
Note that these matchups always assume the non-warrior is smart enough to stay out of headbutt range. If he isn't, the warrior wins.
|Author:||Navith [ Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:57 am ]|
i mostly agree with nuitari.
and a heavy crossbow(longest range) warrior is pretty much unstoppable, especialy if he's mounted(advanced retreating).
|Author:||Vogar Eol [ Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:30 am ]|
Well, it depends on who is playing the "weaker" character. Right Nuitari?
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC|
|Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group