Dark Legacy MUD Forum

Multi User Fantasy Text Game
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:03 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ] 
 Post subject: Low Pbase
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 8:58 pm 

Why is it that there were so many people play, and now there's hardly anyone one?

Lack of guilds? Lack of...... well pretty much everything and the additition of pesky gravity?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 4:31 am 
Dual-Avatar
 WWW  Profile

where do i begin?

I CAN bring excitement back into DL if the caretakers are willing to help me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 2:39 pm 
Tri-Avatar
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

not DL, unruly!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 4:37 pm 

I was actually talking about unruly, but the same goes for DL.

Actually, quite a few DLers have been seen wandering about other muds!! :o

Roje and Mortiax, I understand you guys are a little bored sometimes. Why not create new areas and insert some quests? I understand Cele might have a certain quest system, but I'm sure you guys are capable of using programs to do it for now :D

You could always finish off the ancient gem cutting tool, butcher's basement (in Dark Forest) quest :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 5:15 pm 
Arch-Caretaker

Tuler wrote:
I was actually talking about unruly, but the same goes for DL.

Actually, quite a few DLers have been seen wandering about other muds!! :o

Roje and Mortiax, I understand you guys are a little bored sometimes. Why not create new areas and insert some quests? I understand Cele might have a certain quest system, but I'm sure you guys are capable of using programs to do it for now :D

You could always finish off the ancient gem cutting tool, butcher's basement (in Dark Forest) quest :D

Its not their fault. I've made it really hard for them to build :P Do you happen to be a millionaire? Then I could quit my job and code a mud where building is easier! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 7:10 pm 

Cele, uh... not nice. I wasn't talking about you in the slightest. I spoke with roje and she stated there wasn't much to do. I said that I understand that you may have made it difficult, but does that make it impossible to add some programs? I know I don't know exactly how the mud works, but I'm sure that areas could be built or mprogs and such could be added..

I understand that you take a lot of heat from people complaining about the mud, so I'm going to waive your comment off as a defensive move. Celeborn, I understand the work you put into the mud and I understand how little time you have. I thank you so much for what you've created and I am not asking that you do more, I truly am not.

My questions is whether it's possible for the current immortals to build new areas and be more than moderators. I know Roje was changing some equipment, which was cool, but I wonder if they could whip up some programs that could act as quests outside of any special system you have set up. Is that possible? Would it be possible for area building to take place?

As I said, I don't know the internal setup of the mud and I do not claim to. I just wonder if creating areas and editing mprogs (along with other progs) is possible to add a little more spark and snap up some of the players who've gotten a little tired of mining and creating equipment/epiccing.

Please don't take what I'm saying as another flame against you, I don't mean it in that way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 7:17 pm 
Arch-Caretaker

Tuler wrote:
Cele, uh... not nice. I wasn't talking about you in the slightest. I spoke with roje and she stated there wasn't much to do. I said that I understand that you may have made it difficult, but does that make it impossible to add some programs? I know I don't know exactly how the mud works, but I'm sure that areas could be built or mprogs and such could be added..

I understand that you take a lot of heat from people complaining about the mud, so I'm going to waive your comment off as a defensive move. Celeborn, I understand the work you put into the mud and I understand how little time you have. I thank you so much for what you've created and I am not asking that you do more, I truly am not.

My questions is whether it's possible for the current immortals to build new areas and be more than moderators. I know Roje was changing some equipment, which was cool, but I wonder if they could whip up some programs that could act as quests outside of any special system you have set up. Is that possible? Would it be possible for area building to take place?

As I said, I don't know the internal setup of the mud and I do not claim to. I just wonder if creating areas and editing mprogs (along with other progs) is possible to add a little more spark and snap up some of the players who've gotten a little tired of mining and creating equipment/epiccing.

Please don't take what I'm saying as another flame against you, I don't mean it in that way.

I didn't mean it as a flame :p. The build side of things is really undeveloped and unstable, they simply /can't/ build that well on mainport. my millionaire question was a joke :P Work takes a lot of the time I would need to fix it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 7:21 pm 

Okay, I understand why they can't build as of now. How about changing up some progs? Do they have the ability to assign themselves areas and such in order to create progs that would serve as quests?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 10:54 am 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

CELEBORN I NEED YOU!!!!!! =(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 8:14 pm 
Tri-Avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Tuler wrote:
Okay, I understand why they can't build as of now. How about changing up some progs? Do they have the ability to assign themselves areas and such in order to create progs that would serve as quests?
i agree and can't stress that we been asking for more quest for a long time now. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 8:45 pm 
Dual-Avatar
 WWW  Profile

solution to the questing problem.

1. make me a caretaker
2. show me how to make objects
3. show me how to make objects talk
4. show me how to delete objects
5. show me basic commands like how to stay invis, how to go to any players and ect...

6. I will pump out FUN quests like you have never seen before.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 12:50 am 
Tri-Avatar
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

first off, there are no caretakers in unurly.

second, i don't think they're gonna make you a caretaker specifically for making quests if you don't know how to at least go to a player :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 1:09 am 
Dual-Avatar
 WWW  Profile

oh yah, i keep on forgetting that this is for unruly only. I want to be a quest caretaker on the mainport.

i used to be a caretaker on silverden's mud. If i remember correctly it's goto <name> . is that right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:22 am 
Tri-Avatar
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

good jawb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:31 pm 

rofl ling. Quests are different than making objs and such, but you could learn it really fast :) I did and I'm mentally handicapped! :D:D:D:D:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:04 pm 
Tri-Avatar
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

GET BACK IN THE CRATE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:31 am 

But I still have 5 minutes!!!!!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]