Dark Legacy MUD Forum

Multi User Fantasy Text Game
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:42 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Suggestions Here!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:57 pm 
Lowbie

Post here! Constructive Suggestions, so we can improve the PVP on Unruly!

Anyway here goes, I belive there's a issue in HUNT/HUNTED between some classes.

My suggestions will adress how to get to a target
Astral Travel - Instant

my suggestion is make it avoidable, say it take awhile for a person to travel like this:

Astral Travel - This will attempt to astral travel to someone, target must be standing still for X seconds. (And it notifies the player when someone tries to astral to you, I belive this could be the same for portal)

Farsight - Make it only detect 'area' and when farsighting for a target. ( This will make tracking useful to actully hunt the target down in the area, and farsight to locate in general direction where players are)

And these are the means to stop someone from fleeing the scene:

Curse - Make it stop, portal, astral, run travel

Poisons (the skill) - Implant a new poison that acts like curse, so voids can kill. Make it slightly diffrent like, maybe a delay on everything if trying to portal, but instead gain the ability to cause damage overtime?

Dispel Magic - Still thinking of this one, but it got to change, since it dispells all bad effects and would make it to easy to escape curse/poison/weakness etc. (UNTESTED, but thats what the helpfile says)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:25 am 
Lowbie

I saw it mentioned somewhere, but forgot where anyway:

I would like to see PVP range, cause being hunted by lvl 50 or players thats 10+ levels above you is not very, challenging, you get splatted.

And that astral realy got to change, you have no chance to leave mud school when players are camping it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:35 am 

I'd say to activate a savings throw when you attempt to astral to a player, make it a config option so you can allow people to astral to you when you want them to, but cause others to toss a throw..

If you change dispel for voids, you would have to change it for all dispel.

I don't see a need to change farsight range, just add another throw so you know when someone is farsighting you perhaps?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:41 am 
Lowbie

Dispel removes all effects on ones self. Unless you're dispeling another person, I'm more or less sure that if you're dispeling another char that it takes off one effect at a time going down from the "aff" list.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:54 am 
Lowbie

Yeah but the problem Tuler is with Astral - insta teleport, Saves wouldn't solve it considering high levels can hunt lowbies..

If astral and portals was avoiadable by keeping moving, it would be possible to avoid a highleveling trying to portal to you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:38 am 

But that would defeat the purpose of astral altogether.

If I could just walk right when I see a message I'd just set a trigger to make me move, that way no one would ever be able to astral to me (I'd disable the trigger when I wanted someone to astral to me, but only for the few seconds it would take)

Saving throws would work. If you play PVP on DL you'll learn that tri-avs killing lowbies is frowned upon. If you end up doing that, normally you suffer the consequences. In this situation, with it being permadeath you'd suffer a lot worse..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:53 am 
Lowbie

Tuler wrote:
But that would defeat the purpose of astral altogether.

If I could just walk right when I see a message I'd just set a trigger to make me move, that way no one would ever be able to astral to me (I'd disable the trigger when I wanted someone to astral to me, but only for the few seconds it would take)

Saving throws would work. If you play PVP on DL you'll learn that tri-avs killing lowbies is frowned upon. If you end up doing that, normally you suffer the consequences. In this situation, with it being permadeath you'd suffer a lot worse..

It wouldn't defeat the purpose, you can still portal to npc's and if you catch a player unweary(fighting) you can still portal to him. And it would be a means of transportation not a means of instadeath someone

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:58 am 

So you can only astral to players when they're fighting, which is cowardly and will cause the formation of an angry mob.

Nope, only thing that can be done with astral is ifcheck, astral isn't only meant for mobs and cheap kills while peoplea re fighting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:13 pm 
Lowbie

Tuler wrote:
So you can only astral to players when they're fighting, which is cowardly and will cause the formation of an angry mob.

Nope, only thing that can be done with astral is ifcheck, astral isn't only meant for mobs and cheap kills while peoplea re fighting.

Its a cheap kill now, I dont see your justification. There's no way to defend against it. It isn't easy to land an astral if theres a delay on it, you have to watch the player when he stands still, it was just an example. Whenever your cought offguard you can get hit. Yes some players will setup a trigger against it, but it will not always work. Or do as the rest of the damn warriors, voids and rogues, and bards. Walk! and hunt the guy not just cast astral attack the same second.

Why is it not meant to be a form of travel? I dont see any suggestions, for it other then its damn comfortable to just teleport to the target and kill him in one second.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:12 pm 
Tri-Avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

has anyone pop a bee or moo rune? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:43 pm 

Making astral depend on staying still will make it USELESS. Only the players who don't PK actively won't have a trigger against it.

Go ahead and astral to someone who's fighting a mob and kill them. You, your alts, and any alts you create will be killed several times.

Most of your post is hard to understand... like the last line

Quote:
Why is it not meant to be a form of travel? I dont see any suggestions, for it other then its damn comfortable to just teleport to the target and kill him in one second.

What? It is a form of travel...... making a saving throw will 1) allow for a failure and (2) alert the player to an astral attempt.

It kind of seems like you want to even things out for voids by making everyone walk..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:03 am 
Tri-Avatar
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Zidane wrote:
has anyone pop a bee or moo rune? :)

what the hell does that have to do with anything

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:03 pm 
Lowbie

Tuler wrote:
Making astral depend on staying still will make it USELESS. Only the players who don't PK actively won't have a trigger against it.

Go ahead and astral to someone who's fighting a mob and kill them. You, your alts, and any alts you create will be killed several times.

Most of your post is hard to understand... like the last line

Quote:

What? It is a form of travel...... making a saving throw will 1) allow for a failure and (2) alert the player to an astral attempt.

It kind of seems like you want to even things out for voids by making everyone walk..

Its a still very good means for getting around the realm, considering you can portal to a nearby npc when you have located a target with farsight, then the hunt begins. Instead of just teleporting in and wiping him. This is not a question about voids, its more of a question of hunt/hunted pvp play...

All dont have access to teleportation skills, some could rely on hunt to locate a target with tracking ( rangers ).. instead all battles happend with 'astral travel' its instant and overpowered. If you implant just a saving throw, it wont help anything considering the chaser only got to stand there typing 'cast astral <target>' and the poor victim has to run around panting.. with no escape, unless you happend to be in a nearby norecall? room..

Would it be so bad, if you traveled to npcs in the area, that you want to hunt if you can't land it on the guy your hunting? You can locate where he is by farsight...... Atleast thats my gameplay suggestion I realy think astral is way to strong, you can't flee from it, basicly if someone wants you dead and is higher level, your dead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:32 pm 
Arch-Caretaker

There is one item that, when you carry it in your inventory, blocks all forms of teleport to your location.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:40 pm 
Tri-Avatar
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

he's lying! get him!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:44 pm 
Lowbie

I think i know what item it is :D, too bad i forgot what it's called.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:11 am 

Gnawer. Adding a saving throw would STOP the person from TELEPORTING to your location if you WIN.

I've already stated my case. Re-read everything over and over; there's little (if anything) else for me to say.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:30 pm 
Lowbie

Tuler wrote:
Gnawer. Adding a saving throw would STOP the person from TELEPORTING to your location if you WIN.

I've already stated my case. Re-read everything over and over; there's little (if anything) else for me to say.

I dont see why to encourage high level players to dominate, without making lowbies a chance to stand and do their thing. If you implant a saving throw it wont help noobs abit. If you implant what i stated above, level doesn't matter then its skill how to get around the area, and how fast you can flee if he teleports to the area and starts hunting you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:52 pm 

Read my posts over and over and over and over...... etc etc until you understand them, because I don't think you do.

KILLING NEWBS WILL GET YOU PK'D BY A BUNCH OF TRI-AVS THAT HATE SEEING THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clear enough?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:03 pm 
Lowbie

Obviously not tuler, though i do kinda(ish) understand what he's saying, i mean if you look at it a newbie who just made and had his char killed isn't very likely to just remake right away :? , though patience is a virtue i suppose, one i don't have personally. Yet on the flip side you really do need to understand what you're doing before you actually go ahead and do it, so if you go in and die you have nothing to complain about, nor do you have any real right to piss and moan if somthing isnt going your way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:44 pm 
Lowbie

Tuler wrote:
Read my posts over and over and over and over...... etc etc until you understand them, because I don't think you do.

KILLING NEWBS WILL GET YOU PK'D BY A BUNCH OF TRI-AVS THAT HATE SEEING THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clear enough?

*gives itachi a cookie*

I think you need to understand tuler, its an matter of gameplay. Dont think a saving throw would solve it all. Lower level needs a chance to stand on their own.

I rather see changes forward tipping the scale for balance, instead of unbalance. Where there's only one pvp scale, the top one, and can't fight as a underdog... So makes underdog fighting possible and with survivability.... anyway i think i've proven my point :P

*Thinks tuler is about to explore.... 3,2,1....*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 12:50 am 

Gnawer wrote:
I think you need to understand tuler, its an matter of gameplay. Dont think a saving throw would solve it all. Lower level needs a chance to stand on their own.

I rather see changes forward tipping the scale for balance, instead of unbalance. Where there's only one pvp scale, the top one, and can't fight as a underdog... So makes underdog fighting possible and with survivability.... anyway i think i've proven my point :P

*Thinks tuler is about to explore.... 3,2,1....*

Re read my posts!! :D

If anyone kills a newb for no reason (I doubt any real noobs will come, cause they would have played DL first) they'll be punished :D I don't see what there is to not understand? Let's example!

Gnawer, go start killing newbies, see what happens to all of your characters

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 7:16 pm 
Lowbie

Quote:
Re read my posts!! :D

If anyone kills a newb for no reason (I doubt any real noobs will come, cause they would have played DL first) they'll be punished :D I don't see what there is to not understand? Let's example!

Gnawer, go start killing newbies, see what happens to all of your characters

Its not a question of what happends if you do it, its about oppertunities sometimes a novice wants to be a underdog fighter, but can't cause of mechanics in the game. Like astral :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 9:56 pm 
Lowbie

Gnawer it pretty much sounds like you want a level 1 to equal a level 50 or e500, which should not be the case in any means. The whole point of levels is to differentiate between them to show who is weaker and who is stronger.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 10:54 pm 
Lowbie

Itachi wrote:
Gnawer it pretty much sounds like you want a level 1 to equal a level 50 or e500, which should not be the case in any means. The whole point of levels is to differentiate between them to show who is weaker and who is stronger.

Damn man, can you keep stuff in the same thread where it belongs instead of replying to other topics of another subject ;P...

I'm talking about gameplay here, not about how you show someone who's macho

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next