Dark Legacy MUD Forum

Multi User Fantasy Text Game
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:18 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:31 pm 

Gnawer, he's answering what you asked. Can you not comprehend english?

If you make it so that everything depends on move, then a level 1 will be equal to a level e1000 in astral. (Well level 24 or whatever level you get astral)

This whole thing is about you wanting everyone to equal your void. Level a new char.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:43 pm 
Lowbie

Tuler wrote:
Gnawer, he's answering what you asked. Can you not comprehend english?

If you make it so that everything depends on move, then a level 1 will be equal to a level e1000 in astral. (Well level 24 or whatever level you get astral)

This whole thing is about you wanting everyone to equal your void. Level a new char.

Whats so bad on moving gameplay for skill instead of level? So there actully is competative play between levels?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:44 pm 
Tri-Avatar
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

levels are there for a reason, higher levels are stronger. and you need gameplay skill to get to higher levels

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:47 pm 
Lowbie

That and skilled players can kill much more levelled chars. Torrim for example can kill higher level tri avs with just a dual-av, i know he's done it to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:48 pm 
Tri-Avatar
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

yeah but you're a noob, noob.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:53 pm 
Caretaker
 WWW  YIM  Profile

i rotted terminus. =P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:54 pm 
Tri-Avatar
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

i rotted kiasyn's fetus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:56 pm 

Here's the issue. Gnawer leveled a void and realizes now that magic really is awesome and wants to use it, but he can't. Now he wants to mud to change orbit and rotate around him so that he's uberpowerful.

Listen; I have a void and it sucks, so I don't play it. Why I leveled it to tri-av is beyond me.

Learn, suck up your mistake and make a new char.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 12:30 am 
Lowbie

Tuler wrote:
Here's the issue. Gnawer leveled a void and realizes now that magic really is awesome and wants to use it, but he can't. Now he wants to mud to change orbit and rotate around him so that he's uberpowerful.

Listen; I have a void and it sucks, so I don't play it. Why I leveled it to tri-av is beyond me.

Learn, suck up your mistake and make a new char.

Completly irrelevant, these are suggestions for improvements that create alternative paths, and hopefully would make void one that people consider choosing.

You expect me to write some mage suggestions, or paladin? Void is the character I play, i wrote down what i think could be changed about it to make it more enjoyable.

You seem to take every opinion that would impact a melee player as a bad one? You actully expect me to write something I dont know **** about, no, I know void. Take it as ideas, suggestions forward balance. there's nothing i've said that would make voids overpowered.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 12:32 am 
Tri-Avatar
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

=rand()

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 12:50 am 

I know void too, do I say all this; no. Because I know void better than you do and because I know the game better than you do.

You come in here and start preeching all this crap because you want the mud to change to make you happy. You're wrong. The mud shouldn't change for you, you should change for the mud.

You don't start to play a game and change what you don't like. Everything has been discussed and this has been dealt with. What you want is to change everyone to make the void more effective. The void is good for the purpose it serves, which is not a great PVP, but you'd know that if you knew jack about the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 12:54 am 
Lowbie

Tuler wrote:
I know void too, do I say all this; no. Because I know void better than you do and because I know the game better than you do.

You come in here and start preeching all this crap because you want the mud to change to make you happy. You're wrong. The mud shouldn't change for you, you should change for the mud.

You don't start to play a game and change what you don't like. Everything has been discussed and this has been dealt with. What you want is to change everyone to make the void more effective. The void is good for the purpose it serves, which is not a great PVP, but you'd know that if you knew jack about the game.

Sorry, preaching?

HAHAHAHA

You mad cause i suggest things and you dont?

All you do is bash at things.

Ideas changes things, hours online does not.

Learn to give constructive criticism to the creators and stop derailing every thread i make!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 1:08 am 

Constructive critisism is only possible where there are intelligent and plausable ideas to run with, you've come up with precious few.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 2:16 am 
Lowbie

"You actully expect me to write something I dont know **** about, no, I know void."

Isn't a more effective way to create balance between two ideas to know both of them well enough so you know the postitives and negatives of both sides? Then from there assert what needs to be in order to actually change what you think needs to be changed?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 3:33 am 

Gnawer, you have no idea who you're talking to..... I don't suggest things? lol I've been around for quite a while and worked with newbies for a lot of my time (maybe a majority of it) here. I've suggested a lot and seen a lot happen, especially to do with players new to Dark-Legacy.

You're completely new here and are tossing around comments that you have no evidence for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 7:20 am 
Dual-Avatar
 WWW  Profile

Celeborn wrote:
There is one item that, when you carry it in your inventory, blocks all forms of teleport to your location.

OMG. SUCH THING EXIST?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 7:42 am 
Dual-Avatar
 WWW  Profile

Gnawer's idea is bad. The moving around idea to avoid astrals is stupid. Needless to elaborate why

Tuler's idea is just as bad. The willpower idea doesnt solve anything. A more powerful player can simply astral to a lowbie and kill him instantly.

you may argue that the powerful, more experience should always be able to kill the noobs instantly. That maybe true but the problem lies in the fact that it discourages noobs such as Gnawer (j/k) to be able to get to a higher level. As a result, the gap between the elite and the noobs may widen. The system does not promote diversity among different type of triaves. disadvantaged classes/combo will never be able to even have a chance. This is why we dont see alot of triave voids. This is also the reason why we see a **** load of oracles, jug., swashbucker, templars, or whatever is good these days.

You may argue that those who kill noobies will pay the consequences as punished by the DL community. So far this is very true, but let's hypothetically imagine that Iris, Raolas, Encirith, and Torrim were to team up and decide to kill every pvp that moves reguardless of level. Who will stop them? Who will punish them for killing lowbies? will it be the end of DL pvp?

I know that my post is full of criticism. I'm just playing the devil's advocate. I really don't know what the solution is. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe Gnawer is right or maybe Tuler is right. Who knows.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 7:59 am 
Caretaker
 WWW  YIM  Profile

void should really be on an equal playing field with other combinations. to say it sucks and should always suck isn't really balance is it =]

that said, i have no idea how to balance it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 3:08 pm 

Ling, my willpower wasn't for lowbie/tri-av it was for equal leveled players.

Suppose it did, you think that other players wouldn't band together to take them out? It may take a while, but it would happen and they probably wouldn't be able to play any longer without a mob of angry pvps killing them repeatedly. If people banded together they could pvp any character; right now they're seperate and fight alone.

Void in PVP just isn't a good choice. Neither are a lot of other combos. Voids will /never/ have the same advantages as magic casters, it's just not possible. They'll never have sanc/haste/heal/etc and that puts them at a disadvantage. Against mobiles they are more effective in certain circumstances. There have been no arguments brought up to help void become better, only to pull back all magic casters to the void level. Voids can't use magic and magic is a vital part of the game..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 5:44 pm 
Lowbie

-> moving on Astral

What about 'where' command I know very well it exist, so what if you type where all the time?

If it prove to be an issue its changable lets take for example if you make the change to astral

astral travel (changes) ->
gives a warning msg when someone tries to astral you, makes most people have to astral to npc in the area, and start from there. Not a major issue either, it wouldn't hurt anything to just implant it, it would give both parties(attacker/defender) oppertunities.

(possible changes) ->
tracking
puts in a reason for rangers to be sought after, and be, and oppertunity to implant autotracking

teleport
Another thing, not a major issue if its a problem its changeable.

where:
Not a major issue, if it prove to be to easy to escape, its changeable. Especielly tracking could fill its purpose.

word:
So what if it would take some time to perform, just to create a better hunt/hunted gameplay.

supp recall:
Since this is harder to use, I dont mind if it would be instant

flee:
Not directly needed, there are abilities to prevent/hinder fleeing...

-> moving on, pk range

I suggested pk range for this server, becouse its hardcore if you die your dead, and that is all. I never suggested it for mainport so keep things in topic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:07 pm 

You suggest not even 1/5 of an idea and neglect to answer all of the variables.

You're going to need to deal with Word, astral, teleport, flee, where, track, and anything else, you can't just say "If it's aproblem we'll deal with it"

It's going to be a problem.

Address all of those issues.

Post subject: Priority...
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:20 pm 
Lowbie

Tuler wrote:
You suggest not even 1/5 of an idea and neglect to answer all of the variables.

You're going to need to deal with Word, astral, teleport, flee, where, track, and anything else, you can't just say "If it's aproblem we'll deal with it"

It's going to be a problem.

Address all of those issues.

I just did adress all of them, its all about priority

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:37 pm 

I can't stand this any more.

Celeborn I trust you're more than smart enough to implement what you see fit.

Gnawer. You're a tard. You probably hit your head pretty hard some time in your life.

You have address them all because they're interrelated. You said you were a programmer, I doub tthat because you're an idiot.

I'm pulling out of this stupid debate because you just shrug off everything except what you want to hear.

GL guys. Gnawer. I'll see you in game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:54 pm 
Lowbie

Tuler wrote:
I can't stand this any more.

Celeborn I trust you're more than smart enough to implement what you see fit.

Gnawer. You're a tard. You probably hit your head pretty hard some time in your life.

You have address them all because they're interrelated. You said you were a programmer, I doub tthat because you're an idiot.

I'm pulling out of this stupid debate because you just shrug off everything except what you want to hear.

GL guys. Gnawer. I'll see you in game.

nice to see you put more words in my mouth, i never said i was a programer i said i have worked with game design, but thank you for guessing i have some knowledge about programming. Which had come in handy to help in game design.

Coders and Designers are completly diffrent things, but by all means you can be a designer and a coder, and its prefearable you have knowledge of it. Which I have had, but your jumping of into assumptions again.

I just walked over all your arguments, you was always pulling up some new one out of your ass, and you have no more to say, so i'll leave it as that aswell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:56 pm 

This is why I'm no longer taking part in this debate. Because you don't answer the questions. :) gl noob.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next