Dark Legacy MUD Forum

Multi User Fantasy Text Game
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:46 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
 Post subject: Multiplaying?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:39 pm 
Lowbie

I think there will be an issue on the server concerning multiplaying, I like the concept alot but I think multiplaying got to go.

You can create a whole party and XP with it which puts you on an unfair advantage. A fix for this would limit it only 1 account active, 1 character on that account on each connection

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:10 pm 
Arch-Caretaker

For now you /could/ self-regulate? ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:53 pm 
 YIM  Profile

uhh no if people can't multiplay that defeats the purpose of the entire mud its suppose to be no rules right? well if you wanna level without multiplaying thats your problem and if other people want to level with multiplaying thats their problem, if caretakers start adding rules and such it will just turn into any other mud and it will be no diffrent from playing reg dl.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:56 pm 
Lowbie

It doesn't defeat the whole purpose of the whole mud, soon people will have monopol on items.

Not very easy to self regulate against such an army. And it couldn't be too hard to filther away most multiplayers with the simple suggestion above.

There was already some player that tried to dominate the server he had 8 alts and just threatened any competition (like 20 levels above).. (Yeah go figure who it was)

People have already been hitting Epics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:58 pm 
Lowbie

Then you have around two or so choices here.

1.) Make your own army or single char, whichever you choose, and kill all the other "armies" and leave one char to warn them that you'll kill their armies over and over.

or...

2.) Go away

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:59 pm 
Lowbie

Oh, and no, nobody has yet to hit epics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:40 pm 
Lowbie

Quote:
Then you have around two or so choices here.

1.) Make your own army or single char, whichever you choose, and kill all the other "armies" and leave one char to warn them that you'll kill their armies over and over.

or...

2.) Go away

I made a serious constructive suggestion, go and troll elsewhere? People are _very_ close on epic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:38 am 
Lowbie

Isn't quoting someone then just added one sentence a bit of trolling in itself? :wink:

Anyways rather then trying to impliment rules why not just play the game and create your own. The entire reason for this version of DL was so that other players, note, other /players/ would be the ones making all the rules. Cele made that perfectly clear (hopefully) that there would be no immortal interference or any interference from him.

"People are _very_ close on epic" -- No, one person is close to epic. So get your facts straight before throwing up information.

Chilli i double posted because i accidentaly hit submit then re-read gnawer's post :) .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:22 am 
Lowbie

Alright i'm ignoring you from now Itachi, your just bitching.

Highscore - Most permadeath levels
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
1 ) - Xyresic 285
2 ) - Iris 285
3 ) - Malaki 285
4 ) - Itachi 138
5 ) - Chillimage 132

Ooops?

If you seen Xyresic hes tri-av

And it wouldn't take much to make the server pvp fair, without having to leave it for topplayers to rule. You got to understand, if a level 50 is killing someone for coming out of the academy, which just was about to happend. There wont be much PVP long.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:35 am 
Lowbie

Double check, then tripple check, then get back to me.

50 levels = av, 100 levels = dual av, 150 levels = tri av , a tot
al of 300 levels, not 285. 285 levels means he's 45/45/45.

If you're really scared of being killed right off the bat. Lie, lie your arse off and hide until you can become the top player, then slaugher everyone below you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:38 am 

Level restrictions issues have been dealt with in regular DL pvp, they'll be the same on unruly if they're not implemented.

When someone tries to overrun the mud people will simply group together and take them out. Simple as that.

The immortals should only get involved /if/ there is a structual issue with the mud, not in player problems. I understand that it's annoying to hear "suck it up" but eventually people will get sick of others killing noobs and will begin to even things out.

As with bots; the same thing will happen. People log 30 bots and lag the server, they'll be killed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:35 pm 
Tri-Avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

log 30 bots and lag the server? how can one check for lag on the server? this is a text base game. which the server might use Gigbytes. we using at most 3 megabytes. now the lag from what i know come from more then 10 mud running on the server. :)
So back to my question how can we check for lag. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:00 am 

When you commands take 5-10 seconds to process, that'd be lag :P I mean lag felt by the players because of an insane amount of bots on all at the same time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 3:26 am 

well my opinion is simple on the subject: this is a game with no rules... if you want rules, play on mainport like i do; if you dont, play on unruly. it _is_as_simple_as_that. also, if i a player does decide to dominate the game with botting at the academy exit, then you can log when he isnt on silly, like umm when the mud crashes/resets and he cant be on immediately. unruly will end up like every other mud if players' nerfing suggestions like yours are taken seriously

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 12:38 pm 

I don't even know if anyone plays unruly...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]