Dark Legacy MUD Forum

Multi User Fantasy Text Game
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:01 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ] 
 Post subject: Coren the Runesmith - Witchhunter Runeword
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:27 pm 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Coren sat on a stool in his small laboratory, hunched over his large desk, setting up his equipment in preparation for the last phase of his latest project. He was a runesmith, a mage that combines the arcane power of runes with armor and weapons.
Even now however, most people scoffed at the notion that runes contained any worthwhile power, except in its rudimentary and singular form. Practically any mage could summon an efrit and soulbind it to gain a fire rune, but for some of the more powerful runewords such simple methods would not suffice.
The runeword he was about to create for example used only four runes, but to gain each had been an adventure in itself. First he had astraled to an outer plane of the Nine Hells, and by attacking the denizens with fiery spells he had alerted one of the demi-deities to his arrival. As the being coalesced into form he had launched a sleep spell at it, only stunning it of course. But that was all the time he needed in order to cast the soulbinding spell that would capture its soul into an Od rune.
The next rune was also somewhat easy to capture but it involved some patience on his part as he waited for the right candidate. To gain an Aya rune he had to travel to the Astral Plane in physical form and soulbind a person who was in astral form but he had to find someone of malicious intent who would not be missed. He eventually found an evil apprentice mage who was performing his first astral projection and it was quite easy after that to stun the human and soulbind him into a world rune.
The next two runes proved rather complicated to find, as it involved a rather large amount of waiting and traveling. One night, on the evening of a new moon and while camping next to some standing stones near the ruins of an old castle, the border between the material and faerie planes had thinned and movement between the two became possible. After waiting half the night, he saw the air above the stones become white and hazy.
Preparing his spells, he rushed to see what would arrive. As the conduit opened he gathered the ether of the faerie plane and bound it together with the soul of the sprite that entered at the exact moment of its transfer, capturing the essence of time from that plane in a Bala rune that would exist in a stable form on the material plane. The nature of the rune itself is that it extends the duration of a spell three times further than normal, with only twice the cost.
The last rune involved using the same principles as with the Bala rune but he had had to travel to many different planes in order to find the right conduit. It was during the fifth expedition to the Plane of Earth that he had found the right one, an open conduit to the Far Realms...a plane that exists outside the reach of time. He had managed to lure a native through the conduit and entrap its soul and the ether of the Far Realms into a Bee rune. The rune by itself allows a spell to use that plane’s time properties (or lack thereof) to be cast instantaneously.
And now, after finally forging a rare masterpiece staff with four sockets, he was ready to join the runes together and place them in the weapon. With the utmost concentration, he used a pair of tongs to place each rune in the empty sockets in the necessary order: Od – Aya – Bala – Bee, roughly translated it meant: the power of a god, from across space and time, is yours in an instant. As he placed the last rune there came a flash of brilliant white light and the runes morphed into the word ‘Witchhunter’. The staff now enabled him to drain away precious mana from his enemy, blow by blow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:20 pm 
Dual-Avatar
 E-mail  YIM  Profile

nice

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:43 pm 
Tri-Avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

If anyone have a better runeword then scracther (+5 bleeding) please post or PM me ill pay good money if the infomation is not faults. i need a better severing weapon :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:01 pm 
Dual-Avatar

Zidane wrote:
If anyone have a better runeword then scracther (+5 bleeding) please post or PM me ill pay good money if the infomation is not faults. i need a better severing weapon :P

How much are you offering for a runeword better than this, minimum and maximum?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:08 pm 
Tri-Avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

depends on the runeword and how good it is. like "leg biter" or the new wax tablet i got in epic it involve 2 ultras, but i just want to sever easier with my 3/sockets scythes MP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:11 pm 
Dual-Avatar

*Wax tablet that is new to you

I do not think there any runewords that no one has known...and probably no useful ones that aren't still around in someone's files...but either way, what problem are ultras? Any good runeword has at least one or two in it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:47 pm 
Tri-Avatar

Quintos wrote:

I do not think there any runewords that no one has known...and probably no useful ones that aren't still around in someone's files...but either way, what problem are ultras? Any good runeword has at least one or two in it...

No need to be so hostile, I don't think he was saying he was the first to discover the runeword, just that he happened to find it. It IS a new wax tablet, as in...Its a brand new item straight out of epics. The same runeword may have been found before, but its on a different wax tablet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:25 pm 
Dual-Avatar

weems wrote:
Quintos wrote:

No need to be so hostile, I don't think he was saying he was the first to discover the runeword, just that he happened to find it. It IS a new wax tablet, as in...Its a brand new item straight out of epics. The same runeword may have been found before, but its on a different wax tablet.

I know, I just have to lessen his accomplishment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:57 pm 
Dual-Avatar

Before i say anything, remember there are no stupid questions only stupid answers.....

what exactly are wax tablets and where do you get them? do they reveal runewords, or what?

And the angels sang in immaculate chorus, and down from the heavens decended Chuck Norris!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:14 pm 
Dual-Avatar

Before anyone answer Gilgolad, remember that there are no stupid questions, just stupid people to whom ridiculous questions do not seem stupid...

I'm just kidding. They reveal runewords.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:54 am 
Tri-Avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

weems wrote:
Quintos wrote:

thank you weems at less someone understand me on a new wax tablet.
Quintos wrote:
Zidane you know you the man. I love ya

thats more better quinster :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:13 am 
Caretaker
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Quintos wrote:
Zidane you know you the man. I love ya

Zidane wrote:
I like to make up fake quotes O_o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:02 am 
Dual-Avatar

The fake quotes really get quite annoying so I thought I would point this out...

Quote - To repeat a brief passage or excerpt from

This does not mean that when you claim something is a quote that it will change the past and make it true. This means you should only use a quote to point something out that was said by someone.

Second, I have a bet with someone about this, what is your first language?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:25 pm 
Tri-Avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Quintos wrote:
The fake quotes really get quite annoying so I thought I would point this out...

Quote - To repeat a brief passage or excerpt from

This does not mean that when you claim something is a quote that it will change the past and make it true. This means you should only use a quote to point something out that was said by someone.

Second, I have a bet with someone about this, what is your first language?
well this is my way of telling to stop bashing my notes ,just commet on them. oh the fake quote about quintos is the same as if he annoy me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:43 am 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

This is my way of saying get the **** out of my roleplaying thread:
"Get the **** out of my Roleplaying thread!"
Whee that was fun...if a Caretaker sees this could you delete or move all the stuff that isnt RP-related to my first post please...actually I dont mind if the whole thing is deleted.
For the rest of you (actually just Zidane since it was his comment that started it): This is a ROLEPLAY FORUM!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:31 pm 
Tri-Avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Silvanos wrote:
Whee that was fun...if a Caretaker sees this could you delete or move all the stuff that isnt RP-related to my first post please...actually I dont mind if the whole thing is deleted.
For the rest of you (actually just Zidane since it was his comment that started it): This is a ROLEPLAY FORUM!
hey this roleplaying forum needed some spike in it 8) since i made a note here it become popular :twisted: it look interesting now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:19 pm 
Caretaker
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Zidane wrote:
Silvanos wrote:
hey this roleplaying forum needed some spike in it 8) since i made a note here it become popular :twisted: it look interesting now.

o...m...g

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:32 pm 
Tri-Avatar
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

yeah but, no offense, ziddy, this thread is just that, ROLEPLAYING, and im assuming thats what its supposed to be used for.

this is an EDIT so i dont make a new post in here: sorry, also for the non rp thing

Last edited by Chilliwack on Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:31 am 
Dual-Avatar

Off Topic: When I started posting in here, I failed to realize that it was on the roleplay forum. I apologize, Silvanos. To everyone else, let us not give Zidane more attention. Please stop further non-roleplay posts, and I apologize for this post, but someone had to say it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:09 pm 

Kiasyn wrote:
Zidane wrote:
Silvanos wrote:

o...m...g

Kiasyn? I thought you like ruining Role Play?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]