Dark Legacy MUD Forum

Multi User Fantasy Text Game
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:15 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:09 pm 
Retired Caretaker
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

just to add on to weems note, and this is a note to anyone who doesnt know ---> every patch starts off with first as many fixes as he can handle, followed by additions. It's always been that way.

As well, the patch he began working on so many months ago first addressed a ton of bug fixes, the list he had shown me was like 3 pages long.

If you would like the current areas updated, feel free to ask Therdyn, Kelryne, Uroldur, and Nathrae if they would like to work with you to revamp some areas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:04 pm 
Dual-Avatar

I dont know the first thing about codeing games, i just play em, lol.
If you guys use the bug fix list, how come it never changes? you never update any statuses or delete resolved cases. Guess it doesnt really matter.

But as for area repairs i would suggest that if someone finds something wrong with the area, the creator of the area should be informed because they would have the most knowladge to fix it. (if i suspect something wrong in the future i will contact the area creator, OK?)

As for my idea of area updates, perhaps we could make it so every area gets moved along in the story line of alora once or twice a year. (cause i bet some areas still think there are wars still going on that were resolved years ago, seems dumb to walk into an area still that far in the past) The creator of the area can be made responsible for these changes so not one person gets swamped with all the work.

And the angels sang in immaculate chorus, and down from the heavens decended Chuck Norris!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:19 pm 
Retired Caretaker
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

gilgolad, the bug list is read everyday, the fixes that i can fix, are fixed, /and/ are put on status fixed when i do it.
after the player logs on, the status is set to rewarded, and then is later removed.

many of those fixes which require celeborn to fix are fixed in his patch, but i am not going to set the status to fixed, because the patch is not installed.
if i set something to fixed, then someone will simply repost the bug.

Celeborn or myself will update the bug list when the upgrade patch comes in.

as for the area suggestions, in most cases you cannot contact the areas creator, as many came with the mud and the builders are not part of our mud. Contact the admins i suggested if you have idea submissions to update areas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:24 pm 
Tri-Avatar

Yeah like Isabelle said...Its because all the fixes come in with one big CLOMP!

You haven't seen the list change because there hasn't been a patch since. When the patch comes, bugs go bye-bye.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:02 pm 
Dual-Avatar

OK, i understand, thanks guys.

And the angels sang in immaculate chorus, and down from the heavens decended Chuck Norris!