Dark Legacy MUD Forum

Multi User Fantasy Text Game
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:34 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: crafts, trading, etc.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:21 am 
 YIM  Profile

i was thinking that maybe we can have a chat design specifically for trading and crafts. that way, we dont have to disturb others and they can turn the 'trade' channel off. Also, maybe there can be a place where u can do business in a safe manor (no worries about theft, eventhough it might not occur all the time). Just some thoughts i had ^.^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:43 am 
Tri-Avatar

One of your ideas is already in place, the safe business one. Its called the contract board, its down and east from TSQ. If you don't trust whoever you are doing business with, just post it there and sign it, along with them. They will be held liable for not holding up their end of the bargain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:04 pm 
Tri-Avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

i think we should have a not only the auction channel back up but a selling tag on the pfile to person character on what there are selling. This would appear on the whois list "example whois zidane" same as crimes before bio. what you are selling and the price of it. This is something new and unique to the crafter and hopfully elimainate some spam on the OOC cahnnel. Example, Zidane OOC 'who is crafting swords and enchanted them? and how much are you selling it for? <--- this question pop up alot :twisted:

Bronze Scythe epic level 10 ... selling for 2000 gold
    Obsidian Earrings level 50 ... selling for 7000 gold
    Obsidian Templas level 50 ... selling for 9000 gold
    Hawthrone Bracer level 50 ... selling for 3000 gold

Just to add on to this idea this will be for anyone that wants to buy it.
(Options):
You can limit the items on the character who is selling items.
Make is so that character knows the other character just bought the item.
Make the gold go to the character (bank account) or to the player shop.

Note:A New code that would have to be put in and test out like the family command.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:51 am 
Lowbie

You can already have tags in your bio, some people already done so... if anything, maybe addition of a craft board near tarsonis sq and have people who take order or wanting an order to post there. However, you can already do this by using the tsq board... besides.. people find it way easier just to ooc 'whos taking order for <swords> and enchant them?' and get an instant response

Although a neat 'fix' would be to set the text description for players shop(for advertisement) to be like the one in bio. I'm not sure if its just me but I can't use 'enter' to go to the next line. I tried making a 'neat' price list in the shop description but failed. Already done a pricelist sign on one of my alts bio but the shop description text editor isn't the same.