Dark Legacy MUD Forum

Multi User Fantasy Text Game
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:22 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Midas Touch
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:51 am 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Can i suggest a quick patch on midas touch? Since theres much more treasure to sell, it would be handy to make midas touch a viable option to turn the treasure into gold instead of having to collect it all and sell it one by one at a shop.

Midas touch needs to be patched because itll give me only 400 gold or so on an item thats 1k or 2k gold value, and adding fecs does not do anything to increase the value either. There was an issue in the past of people misusing Midas Touch to get a lot of gold, thats why it was nerfed then. So this should be kept in mind if a tweak occurs.

Midas Touch is 13c Enchantment
My recommendation is to split midas touch effect on treasure and normal items. The numbers used are just an example. They should be changed according to how high the average person's enchantment school gets. First for treasure items, starting value for Midas is 30% of the item value. Adding an effect rune adds 50% of the current percentage, so 15% added to 30% = 45%, next effect rune adds only 25%, so 25% of 45% is 11.25% added to 45% = 56.25%, next effect rune adds 12.5% and so on. So we get decreasing returns. The level needs to be set at whatever you think is fair for Midas'ing treasure instead of selling it. For normal items i recommend taking half of the starting percentage for treasure. The idea is to prevent ppl for Midas'ing everything, and the explanation for it is that "transmogrifying" something into gold is harder the further away the material of the item is from gold.

Do your calculations consider the fact people can only get up to say 50% of item value cashed in shops?
It was sort of trying to parallel the fact that you can increase your charisma and get more than 50% etc. Selling in shops should give more cash as a starting point, but if you decide to put more fecs into midas touch and not increase charisma etc then you can get decent returns. Mages will be better etc, but im not sure who else gets an alright enchantment school