Dark Legacy MUD Forum

Multi User Fantasy Text Game
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:49 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Rune Extractor and Melting Weapons Ideas
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 4:05 pm 
Lowbie

Ideas- Rune Extractor

A rune extractor NPC that can pull out rune(s) from weapon/armory. The NPC would charge something like diamond(s) or blue diamond(s) + gold or something similar that's not so common.

Melting Weapon/Armory for ingots idea

An NPC that melts gear for resources. For example, a player wanting mitrill ingots from a mitrill-made sword. Since it takes 25 mitrill ingots to original make and 156 ingots to reforge, I would say a fair amount to get back would be 20 ingots. Obviously this can't go above 25, the original amount to make it. I've thought about this being abused.. or 'recycle' with bronze in adepting metal craft.. so I think 300-500 gold for this service would be fair.
- This would not work for jewelry, recycling diamonds or blue diamonds would severely damage jewelry economy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 4:14 pm 
Dual-Avatar

Although I would benefit immensely from these ideas, I do not believe they should be implemented. While it would encourage runeword experimentation with ultra runes, I do not think a practically worry free environment is good when dealing with these powerful runes. If this was implemented, I would gain countless dupis from 'of the Master' experimentations, and I do not think this would be proper. As it is, spending a couple diamonds or blue diamonds to recover ultra runes is not a huge price. Also, it seems that this would not destroy the weapon either, giving me limitless 6 socket staves until I determine the correct configuration. In addition, salvaging weapons and armor would give me even more resources, but these are easy enough to acquire as they are. Those resources which are difficult to acquire such as emeralite should be used carefully so that one would not want to do something like this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 7:09 pm 
Lowbie

You're right. I like the idea but the rune extracting would need a lot more restrictions. Maybe destroying the weapon/armor and usage of 5k glory points or 30-50 epic points would work.. this makes the supplies not 'limitless' somewhat.

Or perhaps the cost would entirely dependent on the runes being extracted. I was thinking more the lines of extracting moo/tal from a fortuner when I first thought of the idea (getting runes back to put into an upgraded weapon). In this case a diamond or blue diamond would work.

Maybe extracting ultras wouldn't work at all. I'm open for ideas of reasonable cost/requirement for this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 6:23 pm 

I like the idea of being able to melt down items, but make it a craft (Expert or something). The amount you recover (if any) is based on your skill in the craft, the material in the item, the level of the item, and its quality. Gear of lower quality would be more impure, so less of it would come back. Mob EQ would "meltdown" the same as crafted items of normal quality. No matter what, you'd only be able to get a percentage of the amount requred to forge the item. From an exceptional bronze longsword, you could get a maximum return of 90%, but mitril might only give back a maximum of 70%.

Emeralite is infused with the power of the gods themselves, and resists all attempts to melt it down.

Just a thought...^_^

- Ten

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 1:27 am 
Dual-Avatar

If you cant melt it down how do you shape it into stuff?

And the angels sang in immaculate chorus, and down from the heavens decended Chuck Norris!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 9:48 am 

As Emeralite is a gift from the gods, it is (at least partially) holy. Making something with emeralite is akin to prayer, in that it allows you to make use of these divine gifts. To melt down Emeralite a second time would be to desecrate the divine authority of the gods to gift anyone they choose, and is forbidden to the point that the chemical composition of Emeralite (once melted once and cooled) prevents it from being melted again by any known means.

Duh. ^_^

- Ten

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 7:10 pm 
Dual-Avatar

So make it worth it and use a god forge right?

Or reforge the emeralite onto a god forged item.

And the angels sang in immaculate chorus, and down from the heavens decended Chuck Norris!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 5:55 pm 
Tri-Avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

i think reforge a good weapon and/or armor is better because its rare to find emeralite ingots
there only be a chance for forging a weapon/armor from emeralite ingots.