Dark Legacy MUD Forum

Multi User Fantasy Text Game
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:07 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Several things I think should be looked at :)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:12 am 
Lowbie

Firstly, crafted daggers need more than 2 sockets. If a sickle can have 3, then so can a dagger :).

Second, we need to be able to soulbind for ruc/unh/hol runes again...I miss those :(

Third, ..wait..I forget now :( I had like 6 things I wanted to list and I just plain forgot em...hmm

Ahh..Third, allow crafters to use gemstones to add edges to stone weapons, to increase the damage of them, kindof like sharpening..maybe limit it to diamonds/blue diamonds.

Fourth, scale armor should have higher dam red than most others...cause well, it's made of dragonscales.

Fifth, Sunbeam, as it is really the only decent druid-specific combat spell, should do extra damage vs unbeasts, and I don't think undeads shuold automatically succeed in the roll against it.

Sixth, Entangle spell needs some tweaking still..I put several surps and bala's in it and see no change in mob speed.

hmm..that'll do for now till I think of more things that don't get addressed on the muds internal ideas list. :)

Post subject: Re: Several things I think should be looked at :)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:11 pm 
Tri-Avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Chubbukoku wrote:
Firstly, crafted daggers need more than 2 sockets. If a sickle can have 3, then so can a dagger :).
i agree there
Chubbukoku wrote:
Second, we need to be able to soulbind for ruc/unh/hol runes again...I miss those :(
Some supermob need help
Chubbukoku wrote:
Ahh..Third, allow crafters to use gemstones to add edges to stone weapons, to increase the damage of them, kindof like sharpening..maybe limit it to diamonds/blue diamonds.
cant agree with you more.. i wish we could make it a bit easier in the mines :roll:
Chubbukoku wrote:
Fourth, scale armor should have higher dam red than most others...cause well, it's made of dragonscales.
Ok not only scale, but skin,fur
Chubbukoku wrote:
Fifth, Sunbeam, as it is really the only decent druid-specific combat spell, should do extra damage vs unbeasts, and I don't think undeads shuold automatically succeed in the roll against it.
Well undead dont like light period! so let them suffer beside only paladin can kick there butt if they can get a slash damage in there :twisted:
Chubbukoku wrote:
Sixth, Entangle spell needs some tweaking still..I put several surps and bala's in it and see no change in mob speed.
this is hard for me because i really think the spell "slow" from cleric is more effective and druid are just a tree lover copycat. With blind on top :)
Chubbukoku wrote:
hmm..that'll do for now till I think of more things that don't get addressed on the muds internal ideas list. :)
Same here ran out things quote so ill make one :P
Chubbukoku wrote:
I love you zidane too much. PM me cant wait to hear from you :o

Celeborn wrote:
If Chubbukoku dont love you i do :D
dont slay me :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 8:11 am 

Firstly, crafted daggers need more than 2 sockets. If a sickle can have 3, then so can a dagger.

Why not limit sickles to two sockets as well? Runes aren't *that* small.

Second, we need to be able to soulbind for ruc/unh/hol runes again...I miss those Sad
Not having experience with them I guess my question is if it would alter gameplay dramatically or not.

Interesting idea, but wouldn't it be horribly impractical? All players desire to do more damage, so this doesn't address any particular need outside of needs for the wealthy to have something better than the poor. I hate to say it, but I'm really against that idea. Work hard and get Emeralite if you want better gear.

Well, those scales didn't protect the dragon from you since it's dead an you're not. Perhaps a different bonus should be in order - higher enchant space to represent the magical nature of the dragon itself, or a lighter weight to make the scales better by comparison with other materials of their weight. While it's always nice to see dragon-stuff becoming the best out there, it's about time we started a cliche' of our own.

As a druid, you're already getting an exp bonus v. unbeasts. Doing additional damage would just make the druid a power-levelling character or incite screams of "make more unbeasts." I'd think that it would deal *more* damage to undead though, since it's pure sunlight.

Just me thoughts...^_^

- Ten

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 8:35 pm 
Caretaker
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Hokuten wrote:
Work hard and get Emeralite if you want better gear.

Easier said than done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 12:27 am 
Lowbie

errm..yeah..ok..well..

Quote:

Actually..have you looked at many runes at all? if you have, you'll notice some are normal sized, some say (tiny) and some are (diminutive).

Quote:
Interesting idea, but wouldn't it be horribly impractical? All players desire to do more damage, so this doesn't address any particular need outside of needs for the wealthy to have something better than the poor. I hate to say it, but I'm really against that idea. Work hard and get Emeralite if you want better gear.

You see, you must've missed what I said, cause I said on -stone- weapons..stone is fairly low in damage, and can't be increased but for sharpen, where as metal weapons, can be sharpened AND reforged into better metals...see also how I mentioned limiting it to the rarest of the 2 gems? Also, Emeralite isn't given for working hard at playing the game, Emeralite is something given out by caretakers as either a quest reward, or if someone has done major bug tweaking and helped out a lot on the testport, they might get some.

oh, and you forgot to comment on the entangle spell :)

-Chubbs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 6:09 pm 
Tri-Avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Hokuten wrote:
Firstly, crafted daggers need more than 2 sockets. If a sickle can have 3, then so can a dagger.

Second, we need to be able to soulbind for ruc/unh/hol runes again...I miss those Sad
Not having experience with them I guess my question is if it would alter gameplay dramatically or not.

Well, those scales didn't protect the dragon from you since it's dead an you're not. Perhaps a different bonus should be in order - higher enchant space to represent the magical nature of the dragon itself, or a lighter weight to make the scales better by comparison with other materials of their weight. While it's always nice to see dragon-stuff becoming the best out there, it's about time we started a cliche' of our own.

As a druid, you're already getting an exp bonus v. unbeasts. Doing additional damage would just make the druid a power-levelling character or incite screams of "make more unbeasts." I'd think that it would deal *more* damage to undead though, since it's pure sunlight.

Just me thoughts...^_^
basically a rune could be normal size or tiny from what i know its
a.) Any of the characters in several alphabets used by ancient Germanic peoples from the 3rd to the 13th century.
b.) A similar character in another alphabet, sometimes believed to have magic powers.
2b.) A poem or an incantation of mysterious significance, especially a magic charm. pretty much anything can be a rune and hold power to it (size dont matter unless its coded and change :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 6:18 pm 
Retired Caretaker
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

the 'size' of a rune is not relevant

the size of a weapon, (and weight, and design) and the universal energies which allow certain objects to retain calculable magikal energies is relevant.

looking down upon Alora; the cosmos says 'and henceforth let axes allow for substancial modification, and let ancient runes be put forth upon these axes in abundance'
'furthermore, let daggers allow for a more modest degree of modification, and let the sockets be limited to the number of strange ancient runed words available'
'and let there be a chart, known only to the wisest of sages, that places weapons in a set order, and let this order determine the number of sockets (which can be engraved with said runes)'
so saith the cosmos

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 6:31 pm 
Tri-Avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

new idea come to mind what if we can combine music sheet to weapons/armors? :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 6:37 pm 
Retired Caretaker
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

would that be similar to combining weapons with our bodies? so we just kinda smash it together long enough until it finally merges, and becomes one?

*swings my axe arms around wildly.. but then frowns when i realize i have no fingers anymore, and can't hold my teacup.

perhaps an enchantment skill that allows weapons to be enchanted with music sheets? i could probably understand that (singing sword)

but i would not want that to be available to anyone except the absolute most profficient weapon enchanters

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 6:33 pm 
Dual-Avatar
 YIM  Profile

With all do respect to the Cosmos.... I think its one big idiot :)

If the larger and more powerful weapons are the ones that also get more runes, how does that balance anything?

I feel that wimpy small weapons should have a chance to become more magical, and larger uber weapons should be less magical.

A. Think of Sting, which was just an High elven dagger.
B. Think of a Granite sledge hammer.

Which is larger and hits harder? B.
Which is more magical and should have more sockets? A.