Dark Legacy MUD Forum

Multi User Fantasy Text Game
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:08 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:33 am 
Caretaker
 WWW  YIM  Profile

well now its not :) so no need to remove the hunger/thirst deal :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:26 am 
Dual-Avatar
 YIM  Profile

There _IS_ a config option that removes the display messages for all shield spells. I honestly don't give a damn if a mob has sanc or not. I just assume I will always be fighting a mob that has sanc. To do otherwise would be stupid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:37 am 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

No offense here, but if all the shields are annoying for people to look at why not just config +quicklook. Im quite sure thats accessible even for a Caretaker :)
I see no problem with the current situation. If you have a problem with extra effects on items that you dont want, just dont wear it. Dont complain about "oh i need this item its the best blablabla but it makes me ravenous", its a choice you make and every advantage should have at least some small disadvantage. And Trolls should eat more because theyre larger in size...affects only make you need to eat more often not more i believe, and thats because the magic of the item sucks the energy from you. My only suggestion is to take out protect since it isnt used anymore and possibly just increase the enchantment of things like sanc..its only 400 if i saw correctly. If ppl dont eat/drink they lose complexity/mental state...I think its perfectly logical. I dont think its broke, so i dont suggest you "fix" it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:43 am 
Dual-Avatar
 YIM  Profile

Personally, I would like to see 'create food' effected by Fec runes. Meaning that the portion created would be larger. Racial runes changing what was created slightly would also be cool.

You eat a piece of elvish waybread.
You eat a piece of dwarven battlebread.
You eat a piece of moldy bread
ect...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:52 am 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Oei, create food and create spring *are* affected by effect runes...
But the racial runes would be quite interesting, perhaps some elemental rune effects? I somehow dont see this as high priority for Celeborn tho :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:08 am 
Retired Caretaker
 WWW  Profile

Maybe I am wrong and this already exist like this, but I would rather see affect by spells work like this.

They would take away a certain amount of mana each round. This would reprensent the energy you lose from having it on you. So if you wearing an item with Sanc an it, maybe you lose 15 mana every round (or so).

And maybe even spells you cast on yourself could work like this, with a possible max duration. So, you cast sagacity on yourself. For example, it will cost 50 mana to cast initially, then every round (or so), it would cost an additional 5 mana to keep running with a max duration of 75 rounds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:18 am 
Dual-Avatar
 YIM  Profile

Like I said, I can strip the sanc off a person if they are trusting a sanc item. Sanc items are not trustworthy. That and Vogar has his tricks.

Things are fine as they are. Appetite is plenty a penalty. It hurts Dex, Str, Int, Wis, and Con. That in turn drops mobility, attack, damage, HP, Mana, save throws, and complexities. Isn't that a pretty hefty negative?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:07 am 
Retired Caretaker
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

ok, so nobody has a problem with the hunger thirst thing other than lingolas then?

i was under the assumption that nearly everyone hated it

hey, that works out, consider my idea withdrawn :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:18 am 
Tri-Avatar

i have a problem with PROTECT! *notices his question is still flying away*

thppppttt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:18 am 
Dual-Avatar
 WWW  Profile

homer, eomund, and matthew hate it too but they arent here to post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:54 am 
Caretaker
 WWW  YIM  Profile

And they don't play either so it doesnt matter :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:50 am 
Retired Caretaker
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

btw, forgot to mention there vogar, aside from effect runes modifying food and drink spells, other runes also can be used.

i think like 3-4 fecs in a create food/create spring prism make like instant fill up food, very handy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:36 pm 
Dual-Avatar

I hate the appetite thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:22 pm 
Lowbie

Powerleveling is only cause by the subdue command and *NOTHING MORE*. Disableling the OPTION (player’s WILL to help others) to cast ups/boosters on another player isn’t encouraging grouping... it takes away the ’multiplayer’ part in MUD... and ... it’s saying ‘You on your own so go solo.’ What would be the point of grouping with a cleric? Sounds to me like some of you guys played this game solo and dislike others for having friends. I like how everything is right now on basis of Cele’s original idea on this matter and requesting no changes and only thing I think that needs to be ‘looked’ at is the subdue command. Even so.. I don’t think this should be taken out... but rather reduce to the max subdue would be around 75% to continue offering players the option of helping each other out by will AND at the same time prevents players from ‘cheating’... but rather still enable HELPING a smaller player.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:55 pm 
Dual-Avatar
 YIM  Profile

Well, you need to concider that Isabelle is the kind of person would make a Voider Mage Permadeath, and try and level by killing things with spells only. Wand of Magic Missiles anyone?

Anyway, she has a tendency to play the game solo with has tough a handicap as she can get. As such, she has some very different views on certain aspects of the game.

That, and as a Sadistic Caretaker, she likes to see us all suffer. Remember that last mob on the world map that killed you? Are you sure it was a random mob pop? Or did Isabelle just send them after you?

Post subject: config +quicklook
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:31 pm 
Tri-Avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Silvanos wrote:
No offense here, but if all the shields are annoying for people to look at why not just config +quicklook. Im quite sure thats accessible even for a Caretaker :)
I see no problem with the current situation. If you have a problem with extra effects on items that you dont want, just dont wear it. Dont complain about "oh i need this item its the best blablabla but it makes me ravenous", its a choice you make and every advantage should have at least some small disadvantage. And Trolls should eat more because theyre larger in size...affects only make you need to eat more often not more i believe, and thats because the magic of the item sucks the energy from you. My only suggestion is to take out protect since it isnt used anymore and possibly just increase the enchantment of things like sanc..its only 400 if i saw correctly. If ppl dont eat/drink they lose complexity/mental state...I think its perfectly logical. I dont think its broke, so i dont suggest you "fix" it.
Its not needed to config +quicklook because whatever item has see magic flag just craft something better. I mean that the whole point of crafting something better :D
For the advantage and disadvantage its more likly to have it on any mud. I do agree on the protect effect, since the alignments is not in play anymore :twisted: