It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:06 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: for celeborn
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:22 am 
Retired Caretaker
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

change requested -->

we want a way to remove area restrictions

i have set them in place for such reasons as powerlevelling, or high level players entering and clearing areas within seconds for salvage or coin, or high level players who cause mischeif with the charm spell, moving all the mobiles in an area to innaccessible locations.

1) disable/remove subdue
2) disable/remove charm person/charm monster
3) whoever does more than 50% damage to a mobile gets the kill
4) put an area flag on an area, which designates it NOPOWERLEVEL, basically, whoever attacks a creature first, gets the kill. But, no players may assist with a fight. (example - highlevel player attacks after low level player does, it says 'you do not have permission to attack that'
or something :)

Then i could setup most low level areas with that flag. They would be like solo only areas maybe?

Last edited by Isabelle on Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:27 am 
Retired Caretaker
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

the discussion of removing hunger/thirst came up

i would agree, it does not necessarily need to be used. IF, we can ensure players wont be going around with aff by everything.

One fix, ensuring any 'aff by' item is too low level to be drained.

which would leave prisms to be used, that would be fine.

Making sure no aff by truesight items were in game, and that aff by sanctuary costed a TON of enchantment space.
or, do that for all of em :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:44 am 
Dual-Avatar

Go Isa!

Please do both of those things, Cele ^_^

Post subject: note to self
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 7:43 am 
Retired Caretaker
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

in case i forget, i also don't want super low level players killing high level mobs due to bad building, or loopholes. Or overpowered crafting.

note to self is, ensure mobiles are too powerful for the low level characters that arent supposed to be in said area in the first place

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:10 am 
Dual-Avatar

That's good. High level mobs SHOULD be too powerful for most low-level characters. That means that players who have the skill and/or resources required to kill them actually gain a levelling advantage over those who don't, plus it's a lot more fun ; )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:46 pm 
Caretaker

My personal opinion is I would prefer we keep hunger/thirst over losing the ability to enchant affected by things. I have never had any trouble keeping my characters fed and watered heh. Items with sanc and true sight do take some effort to aquire. Just my opinion for what it is worth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:11 pm 
Dual-Avatar

Well, if you want buff spells and effects, take a class that gets high values in the associated complexity and add dur runes to them. Enchanting them on equipment isn't the only way to get them, and with apetite factored in, it's actually less convenient because you probably have to eat/drink more often than you would have had to recast the spells.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:21 am 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

And what exactly is the problem with affected by's? I mean, seriously. I for one don't have many, I just go for the staple one(s). Sanctuary, and some shields. The other enchantment space isn't worth the aff by stats.

---Avestifal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:51 am 
Dual-Avatar

Pretty much, yeah.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:20 am 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Well for most ppl who are insanely hungry, they dont have *just* the standard things or mb not at all. Its fireshield, aqua breath, etc. Those are not things a few ppl can cast, and tho it is completely annoying to cast for food/water every 4 mins or whatever, its a good balance i feel. It catches the unwary off balance and it (in most cases) causes ppl to think: Lets try to keep our aff by's down cuz the hunger/thirst is annoying. I seriously doubt ppl are wearing eq with 10 aff bys on them. And as Gideon said its not worth enchant all that onto eq. So i really dont think anything needs to be done with hunger/thirst.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:37 am 
Dual-Avatar
 YIM  Profile

Yes, lets just make effects completely unreachable by pure-warriors and voids.... *voice dripping with sarcasim*

Currently Sanc is one of the hardest effects for people to get. Why? Because there is basically one item everyone uses for that effect. Since so many people want said item, supply doesn't even come close to meeting demand. Took me two weeks of trying, and I still only have one of the two pieces needed to make the item.

I personally feel the need to eat and drink is a heck of a good way to balance things in the game. I personally don't go around IN FULL ARMOR all the time. Why the heck does everyone else? Is it so hard to have a suit of custume armor, and a container filled with your battle armor? Why do you need to be affect_by fireshield all the time?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:32 am 
Caretaker
 WWW  YIM  Profile

If you're complaining about eating and drinking too much, then a good idea would be for you to NOT ENCHANT SO MANY AFFECTS ON YOUR EQUIPMENT.

Kiasyn, an e528 male pixie, only has an appetite thats ravenous, due to not enchanting excess things -.-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:24 am 
Dual-Avatar

Kia, we'd like to keep the IQ on this topic above 70, so please don't post here.

1. I have exactly 0 imbued effects enchanted on my crafted eq. Hunger and thirst ruin a lot of "good" mob eq, giving players effects they don't want and jacking up their appetite if they use said eq. Playeres are forced to take the effects if they want to use the equipment, even if they don't need or want the effects.

2. The point is that hunger and thirst don't balance anything, they just irritate the player. In a battle, it does not make the slightest difference whether or not a person is going to be starving ten seconds after the battle ends. It doesn't hurt your crafting ability or anything else, either, it just annoys you and deracts from the fun of the game. It annoys the player using it without benefitting other players; that is not balance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:29 am 
Caretaker
 WWW  YIM  Profile

then dont wear that eq.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:38 pm 
Retired Caretaker
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

my view on affected by
a player should not have every buff spell in the game active upon them at any given time.

my feeling, is that i would like most high level spells (if not all) to be casted upon the spellcaster only.

(bye bye buffing others)

this leaves enchanting as an option for non-spellcasters.

to keep things simple, if you have a single class warrior, and a single class mage, why should the warrior get all of the mages spells (easily) plus get all the warrior skills?

Now, if it takes some doing to get the warrior to have spells on her like a mage, and maybe force the warrior to choose which spells to take, because she simply won't have the room for such things at lower levels, (but will be able to enchant more as her epic levels increase) thus creating a balance of sorts.

multiclassing makes things messy, but if we stick by the basis that enchanting should be a 'pick one or the other' while at levels 1 through to epic 50, then afterwards as enchant space inrceases on higher level eq, the more powerful you can become, sound fair?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:47 am 
Dual-Avatar
 YIM  Profile

Isabelle, why don't we just bust everyone to their First Class and remove multiclassing? What you are suggesting seems like just as much a slap in the face.

The only effects that are trully worth bothering with are Aqua (which can't be enchanted) and Sanc (which is Mitrill-forsakenly rare). Anything else you can honestly live without as a non-caster. I completely disagree about elemental shields being useful, unless the only mobs you attack have such shields on them and you can't resist the damage done.

In short, effect items are not as powerful as you seem to think. If you think sanc is, I can show you how to remove the sanc flag from a person that trusts a sanc item. I can also show you how to drown someone wearing an aquabreath item while they mine.

How many people do you honestly know that have Uber buff spells and share them with everyone? Most people don't have enough ultra runes to boost several prisms for every player racial rune. They also don't bother unbinding prisms and changing racial runes. Most casters are only concerned with boosting themselves as high as possible, and MAYBE casting on group members of the same race. If they make a second weaker, non-racial spell, then they are nicer then most people.

In short, spells are mostly used "by the caster, for the caster". Only exceptions are generally friends of the same race. If you want to add an easy disadvantage to boosting others, tripple the mana required for casting on someone else. Either that or add a rune: A boost other rune 'Oth' (-20c -500m) and force its use on any spell ment for casting on others.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:58 am 
Dual-Avatar
 WWW  Profile

i'm a warrior and act like one so i always have full armors on. It would be very nice to completely disociate hunger/thirst from effects on equ. Perhaps, make them based only on races. I dont mind eating a bit more because i'm a troll, but i do mind eatting more because i am wearing a peace of equ that makes me powerful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:00 am 
Caretaker
 WWW  YIM  Profile

lingolas wrote:
i'm a warrior and act like one so i always have full armors on. It would be very nice to completely disociate hunger/thirst from effects on equ. Perhaps, make them based only on races. I dont mind eating a bit more because i'm a troll, but i do mind eatting more because i am wearing a peace of equ that makes me powerful.

so you want to be powerful with no side effects? nu uh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:17 am 
Retired Caretaker
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Code:
Isabelle, why don't we just bust everyone to their First Class and remove multiclassing?

sounds fine to me :)

however, 'affected by' things are not 'as powerful now' because they were used by everyone, level 1 characters with every buff, it was silly.

spellcasting should have a minimum level range, just like the powerlevelling fix thats in place now.

sanctuary, very powerful
aquabreath, some people cant survive without it
truesight, many want it on at all times
flying, many want it on at all times
scrying, many want it on at all times

then theres just the 'annoyance feature' of
plant shield
lightning shield
ice shield
fire shield
rancor shield

you type look, and you get a page of shields from one person alone :)

this is how it was before the hunger thing, over time people stopped using items that bestowed those abilities. I would like to see the hunger thing go, but still keep it as it is right now. (sorta)

it;s not going to change anything if you think about it

you will still spend enchantment to get sanctuary and flying, the only difference? -- you no longer need to worry about hunger and thirst.

looks like a win win situation to me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:20 am 
Tri-Avatar

Isabelle, can you confirm that 'protect' doesnt make your appetite go up? seeing how it doesnt DO anything, yet a certain very powerful item i wear has it...so theres nothing i can really do about it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:20 am 
Caretaker
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Isabelle wrote:
Code:
Isabelle, why don't we just bust everyone to their First Class and remove multiclassing?

sounds fine to me :)

however, 'affected by' things are not 'as powerful now' because they were used by everyone, level 1 characters with every buff, it was silly.

spellcasting should have a minimum level range, just like the powerlevelling fix thats in place now.

sanctuary, very powerful
aquabreath, some people cant survive without it
truesight, many want it on at all times
flying, many want it on at all times
scrying, many want it on at all times

then theres just the 'annoyance feature' of
plant shield
lightning shield
ice shield
fire shield
rancor shield

you type look, and you get a page of shields from one person alone :)

this is how it was before the hunger thing, over time people stopped using items that bestowed those abilities. I would like to see the hunger thing go, but still keep it as it is right now. (sorta)

every buff?
ok lets see
haste - cant be enchanted
time flux - cant be enchanted
vigilance - cant be enchanted
ward - cant be enchanted
antimagic - cant be enchanted
armor and bless - cant be enchanted (even tho you can enchant their effects)
aqua breath - cant be enchanted

haste/time flux/vigiliance are easily the most useful..
and btw

on a level 1, it is very hardish to enchant effects for them to have all the buffs :) they just cant afford the space.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:24 am 
Retired Caretaker
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

unless you find an item ingame, non craft that has affected by

then you can have it at whatever level it was created, but yes, these days we have pretty much ensured a level 1 will not be walking around with equipment like that.

but whether you are level 1, or level 50, if you have a dozen shield spells on you, i still consider it annoying, but, thats just me i guess :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:25 am 
Caretaker
 WWW  YIM  Profile

i have never seen a level 1 item with an affected by affect

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:31 am 
Retired Caretaker
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

thats right, it took me a long time to remove those :)

remember silver facewrap?
originally level 1

pretty much all quest gear was like that as well, as well as all the weird rarely used areas, like seth's area, all the items had 'no' level requirement

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:33 am 
Tri-Avatar

*notices his question get lost to the winds*