Dark Legacy MUD Forum

Multi User Fantasy Text Game
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:58 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:29 pm 
Arch-Caretaker

Nuitari wrote:
Items' "critical factor" or whatever should be determined by their base damage, including factors from levels, not just metal and quality.

It does include level and some other factors, but I wanted to show the basic concept. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:14 am 

For drinking...

the more you drink the more you have to drink to get drunk.... just like IRL. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:20 am 
Retired Caretaker
 WWW  Profile

Tuler wrote:
For drinking...

the more you drink the more you have to drink to get drunk.... just like IRL. :D

If we are going for real life, then maybe we should make it so that it permanently takes away some constitution if you drink too much, as it wears away at your liver. Or maybe just make it so that you become highly susceptible to poisons and other things like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:57 am 
Dual-Avatar
 YIM  Profile

Or maybe we should add the need to have bowel movements and to empty our bladder? I think not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:13 pm 
Mud Imp
 E-mail  Profile

In response to Nuitari's: "7. Cie creates a lot of imbalance, and Aya just plain shouldn't exist." (Figured I'd quote less to save space :P)

Aya was mainly created to fill in the loss of the "Uplift" spell from the former spell_code. Why not just make an Uplift prism that has a built in world range, but like the new regen_code it has a timed recooperation; say some 20 seconds or what have you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:25 pm 
Mud Imp
 E-mail  Profile

Vogar states, "8. The sigils of different deities should differ to match the beliefs of that deity. As fec's are added, the usefulness of the item should increase. "

I agree with this, and to add another twist to the current way sigils are used why not make them also useable not only to the casters deity but the deities that their deity is allied with. Or just not usable by the ones they are "At war with".

Post subject: range spells
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:44 pm 
Retired Caretaker
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

healing from afar has always been, and will always continue to be a bad idea.
if you're going to be a warrior off fighting by yourself, you should use items designed for your class, such as potions, or bandages.
having a command called "tell guildmember heal" then instantly being healed to max health is cheap. And setting a delay on it barely fixes the problem.

If you're in a group, and someone is with you, then hey, no problem with that.

I am happy that Celeborn went as far as he did with limiting world range from happening in non astralable zones, but if i were to wave the magic wand, it would be removed altogether :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 5:26 pm 
Dual-Avatar

There shouldn't be a world range heal. If you want to save someone's life, you can damn well get up off your lazy ass and go to them. In my opinion, the only spells that should be world range are resurrect(lets face it...no one's going to get ressed otherwise), transport, farsight, dream(could be a feasible means of communication in a roleplaying environment), astral(needs to be harder to cast, though), and portal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 5:17 am 
 YIM  Profile

The auction amount for next bidder should be increased to 10% rather than a dime... (ie if current price 300, the least amount for the next bid would be 330, 3000 would be 3300, etc) I won’t mention any names but there’re people that likes to ‘only’ bid dimes. Many people including myself find this rather annoying... and this would help those too lazy or just lacking cells up there to do some calculations for the lowest next bid... rather than annoy other people with the dime game.
~danneth~ melli agrees tho :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 6:18 am 
Dual-Avatar

I've been saying that for a while; bids really should have to go up by a percentage, perhaps 5 or 10 percent, instead of an insignificant 10 coins. Bidding means that you are willing to pay MORE than the previous high bidder, not an amount which is, for all intents and purposes, the same.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 7:06 am 
Dual-Avatar
 YIM  Profile

There are different kinds of auctions, the kind DL now has is just one of them.

Why not a system where you don't know what other people are bidding at all? You just have a silent auction and bid what the item is worth to you. If someone else bid higher, you have no way of knowing. Person who bids highest wins.

That would COMPLETELY stop bidding wars, useless minutes of spam, and would encourage people to bid higher for items even if only two people were online. It would stimulate the economy if you ask me.

THAT would be a true hardcore auction.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 11:34 am 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

And completely inefficient...you go to an auction house: ppl raise their hands to make a bid, people can see that. Even online you can see people placing higher bids. Out of curiosities sake where does the auction you explained occur? It could be suitable for some situations but here: Its like blind people doing a treasure hunt while the suns shining and the treasures in plain sight. Not many ppl are economic buffs, and the economy of DL doesnt really simulate RL economy; its too closed and lacks a good many things to make the circle go round so to speak.

Not to mention the fact that many of the auction's constant sale of things like runes for example, give an idea of price trends, unlike the 2nd system where most ppl would be groping in the dark. This is quite important to those that are in the business of buying and/or selling.
And stimulate the economy? Only for uncommon goods, for normal stuff it ends at some point and people say ill wait till i find my own fec if the price is too high. You could also say that in the long term it might not have much effect at all. Lets a Hide of Spykros is really in demand, and they have the silent bidding thing, over time prices would increase as long as the demand does. Most likely the suppliers of the good will say hey lets increase quantity sold and bingo-> long term reduction of the price again.

To stop 10 gold bids, why not code it so its impossible to make a 2 digit higher bid when you pass 1000. Maybe even 3 digits because the next step of course is a bid 1100, which for most people except newbies/poor people is not much different than seeing 1010. But where does it end? I mean id hate to have to bid 10% over someone when the price is 800k for a closed Issie chest or something, I think id have a heart attack.
To be honest tho I havent seen it in a while tho i am of course one of the typical ppl to be pissed off by it, most people frown upon it and say so on ooc, so coding something for auction might be overkill, but mb thats just me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 1:12 pm 
Arch-Caretaker

Since people are no longer posting glaring bugs but just random ideas i'm closing this thread. Follow the thread below for a fresh start. I'll compress the most common glaring issues from here at the top.

http://forums.dark-legacy.com/viewtopic.php?t=440

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2