Multi User Fantasy Text Game
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:37 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Weapon specific skills!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:56 pm 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

How about weapon specific skills?

Like if you wield a sword you can learn:

Swordplay- With the swordplay skill the Swordsman has studied the intricacies of fighting with his chosen weapon and can use amazing maneuvers in order to make successful attacks on a more regular basis.

For instance for all intents and purposes, when the player is wielding a sword he gains +15 to his ar, but only with swords. (as an example).

And another Example:

Dagger Throwing- With this skill the skilled user of daggers can throw the daggers at his enemy with speed and acurracy.

And this skill would drop the attack speed with throwing the dagger as well as add 5 ar but only with daggers.

Also, another idea:

With Throwing, have the damage be affected by the weapon as well. For instance if I throw a dagger of fire at a troll and the dagger hits the troll, it should add the fire damage.

Post subject: Re: Weapon specific skills!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:00 am 
Tri-Avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Avestifal wrote:
How about weapon specific skills?

Like if you wield a sword you can learn:
Swordplay- With the swordplay skill the Swordsman has studied the intricacies of fighting with his chosen weapon and can use amazing maneuvers in order to make successful attacks on a more regular basis.
just a though here but swordplay is like poison weapon a skill for rogues
zidane wrote:
Swordplay can be for a class good or high percent to add a elemental to make firesword, icesword,etc..

Avestifal wrote:
Dagger Throwing- With this skill the skilled user of daggers can throw the daggers at his enemy with speed and acurracy.
an idea here like "throw" skill could double the damage
Avestifal wrote:
And this skill would drop the attack speed with throwing the dagger as well as add 5 ar but only with daggers.

Also, another idea:

With Throwing, have the damage be affected by the weapon as well. For instance if I throw a dagger of fire at a troll and the dagger hits the troll, it should add the fire damage.
i have to agree again but insteal of adding 5 (chance) just get a high percent like 50-90% max and you should do more damge basic on the damage.
Example: you do 1000 damge the 50% is 500 equal 1500 total