Dark Legacy MUD Forum

Multi User Fantasy Text Game
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:21 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: A few ideas I came up with.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:01 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

Weapons block = Same as the shields skill, but you block with your weapons (Have to be duel wielding) And say you get attacked by something that doesn't wield a solid weapon, such as a fist or foot or head. They would take damage like the Rosethorne spell on equipment. Just an idea since people who duel wield can't really block very well if not at all.

Easier Parry = Parry seems to be one of those skills that should have been looked at better or been givin a chance to well be trained more effectively, I have talked to several people in epics that don't have it adepted yet, maybe these people don't understand that parry trains better in some styles then in others or parry just does not work at effectively as say dodge does? Just someone I noticed in training my character.

Crafting XP: If this is put in already I'm sorry since I do not craft myself. But I belive you should be able to gain xp from crafting gear, or making juices or what ever. XP gained would depend on the level of the craft, level of the person, and how good the end gear is they make. Just a suggestion to those people who could care less about killing monster and would rather just well craft and make themselves rich.

Stat Increases: Stats to me should go up with use such as strength should go up by carrying things, killing things, or things that relie on strength. you get the idea to make it more real stats should gain by use like a craft or a skill. or since there is always a bulk of skill points left over maybe u could up a stat once per six or eight skill points?

The unlearn command: This command would allow you to unlearn a skill that you mistakenly put points into that would be much better somewhere else such as my preivious statement (stat increases). Since u can just as easily take a prism out of your spell book, maybe a learned command shows you what skills u have learned then you can remove/unlearn skills which serve you no perpose. You would then get 1/2 the skill points in which u invested.

These are just some of the ideas I have come up with.

Post subject: my2cents
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:30 pm 

weapons block...does that sound like PARRY, or is it just me?

Easier Parry, hmm, in real life parrying something is much mroe difficult than dodging, so it should be less useful than dodgeing, but I'd have to agree, if by epics there are warrior classes having not adepted it it needs to increase faster.

Crafting XP, why would you need it? simply having the crafting proficiency go up is good enough for me. And you get whateer you crafted. If you got XP for crafting something, we coudl theoretically have epics walking around who never had a fight. Dwarves would overtake pixies as the most as the twinkiest race.

How you mention stat increases, no. Just no. Not 'by carrying things.' Myself I am against even suggesting a stat increase system outside that which is already available, but if you must, make it a random roll at certain levels, based on classes.
But still i don't approve. Theres no need.

And why would need the unlearn skill command, unless they were complete idiots and did not practice a weapon skill at level one, but then they desearve what came to them.
Again, Theres no need.