Dark Legacy MUD Forum

Multi User Fantasy Text Game
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:25 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:55 pm 
Tri-Avatar

Yes Vogar, I have experienced that, and it sucked :D

I don't really understand why you think it should suck, and require constant frustration of 6 hour reboots to be able to mine, it doesn't add anything, and gives an unfair advantage to already established people.

And by the way, Shandar mined under the older mining system, so it's not really fair to compare.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:31 pm 
Caretaker
 WWW  YIM  Profile

:P ALL my chars have 100% smithing *grins mischeviously*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:34 pm 
Caretaker
 WWW  YIM  Profile

weems wrote:
kiasyn wrote:
i didn't mean increase the OVERALL depth of the mine... just cut a few floors off limestone (which aren't even used anyway) and make them into shale

:roll: When I mine, I mine in limestone.

i meant the few top floors of limestone... no one ever mines there, they usually go lower

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 11:46 pm 
Dual-Avatar
 YIM  Profile

Well, they wouldn't be the top levels anymore would they? People don't dig in the top because the ceiling is shale, and pops shale resources. If you removed limestone and added shale they would just be forced to dig deeper.

Also, methinks that your tendency for one line postings is just to increase your post count. *sigh* Why not just make a topic where you can post one line messages every ten minutes? Then we would not have to read them. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:02 am 
Caretaker
 WWW  YIM  Profile

The people also usually go lower down in limestone that there is still about 5 or 6 floors above them that are not used... shave off the first 3 and no one will even notice

Post subject: Mines
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:26 pm 

My goodness you guys complain alot. Vogar is right, its much easier to mine nowadays than it was back in the old days. personally i think ALL crafts should be reset and made MUCH more difficult to adept. This, at least would slow down the craft epidemic we have, and give Kiasyn something else to think about. Oh about the mines? Yes, there should be more, but thats already solved now because Issy (mitrill love her) has already solved it. Don't exactly know why I posted. Probably because i'm very oppinionated.

Good Night Alora.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:17 pm 
Dual-Avatar
 YIM  Profile

By the way, I have talked to a lot of people since this topic started. The general oppion with people that know how to mine, is that it takes less then four hours to mine to the pillar. Several people have solo'ed it in two hours. One person even stated they unlearned each type of stone as they came to a new layer of stone, and still made it to the pillar in about 4 and a half hours.

Granted, not everyone knows what they are doing. That would mean some people would take 9 hours to solo instead of 4 hours. But what if three people who know what they are doing mine for the pillar? That means they could do it in an hour or so.

In short, while a 6 hour reset seems a little rough for some people... A lot I have talked to thought it was actually a pretty decent time for most things. If you don't like idea if a reset every 6 hours in the mine, then how often? Eight hours maybe?