Multi User Fantasy Text Game
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:35 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: k
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:36 pm 
Retired Caretaker
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

i'll reimburse a leader 2 million for their guild

(as thats what was originally paid for said guild)

no reimbursements on the stuff inside

Post subject: Re: guilds
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:53 am 

lingolas wrote:
I have this idea that is mostly aim to benefit me so read on if you don't mind.

This alone is a deterent.

See, guilds themselves don't really work.

They're much like clubs at school, but the thing is, they're all basically the same (read: not completely). Thus there is no real benefit from joining one guild as opposed to another. Most of the time, it'll boil down to a popularity contest. This especially happens to clans faster than guilds.

As far as a solution to the matter, that's something I can't give you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 5:56 pm 
Dual-Avatar
 YIM  Profile

I agree completely. The Circle was a really popular guild during the time we had a monopoly on craft knowledge, skills, and materials. Now that everyone and their one eyed cousin has three crafting characters The Circle's guild concept has deteriorated greatly.

Why? Because the one thing we really had to offer people is gone. Now we are mostly "just another guild", and as such part of the popularity contest. What can anyone really do to catch interest with the populace?

Create a really strict RP guild? HAH! we have seen what happens to those. Look at Pirates, Arcrane Arts, Killi, and even CoS.

Create a guild for warring only? HAH! their will only ever be one major army, and it will squash all the under-dogs cruelly. Why? Because on DL no one wants to be on the lossing side. Can you honestly picture your average DL player joining an army outnumbered 10 to 1 and with less cash, resources, and gear then the larger guild? I know I can't. They would all pile into the larger guild for the fun of slaughtering "helpless innocents".

Maybe we could build a huge guild citadel and put everything inside it that money can buy? Yeah right, every guild worth its salt has that already.

So in the end, a guild is a guild is a guild is a guild is a guild. The only differences are those who lead them, and those who chose to follow those leaders. What does that mean? We don't have guilds, we have cliques and popularity contests.

Alright, that was the rant portion of my post. Now in true Vogar fashion I need to offer a solution, even if its not the right one.

I feel that if people want to get ride of useless guilds you should offer about 25million gold for the collapse of a guild, and some reimebursement of the structure in certain cases. Why do this? If I was not a determined dwarf and had a guild sitting around that I had no use for, I would jump on the money and just consider it a failed experiment in futility. I am sure most other DL players of "empty guilds" would jump on the chance to be rich over having an empty guild. Its basically a self-cleaning system.

Why not give them the full 50million? Because then they could just turn around and buy another worhtless guild on a whim. This way it would take atleast two owners of useless guilds to form a new one. Or the owner would have to gain enough interest in his guild concept to scrape together another 25million gold.

Problem with handing out gold for empty guilds? Well it would hurt the economy, thats for sure. But hey, its not like this current economy is anything like stable. You kill monsters, you get gold. You kill more monsters, you get more gold. There really aren't to many ways to remove gold from the economy so why not throw some more into it?

Alright, now lets assume we just got rid of all but the determined guild leaders who don't want to cash out. Why not sit each guild leader down with a Caretaker and decide on something that makes that guild special? Something only that guild has. A couple new spells for a magic guild, a private mine for a mining guild, ability to enchant without drain items (with difficulty) for a crafting guild, a special enchantment no one else can get, a magical chant to use for a special effect/power-up, special pets for a ranger guild, poison fountains for an assasin guild, fountain of corrosive for a thief guild, ect......

Should they have to buy that one special thingie? NO! Why? Because every guild would get one. It would help the game's RP, and the whole guild system enormously.

Thats the two gold pieces of a sober (for now) dwarf. Take it for what you might, but please don't take any offense.

~Vogar Eol, Beater of Blades, Lover of Bearded Ladies, Digger of Big Holes, Chopper of Kneecaps, Bruiser of Shins, Biter of Ankles, Drinker of Strong Drink, and Thane Ezbad of The Circle of Steel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:08 pm 
Dual-Avatar
 WWW  Profile

I don't think CoS is dead, i still think it's a great guild. That guilds tends to fall apart when the leader is absent.

25 mil for a guild refund might be too much but it should definitely be more than 2 mils

we simply have too many guilds and not enough players

guilds are longer what they used to be because we dont have glory pools anymore. A guildless person can pretty much have everything that a guild has. I suggest special perks for certain guilds as vogar has pointed out. On other muds, guilds have their own unique skills/spells.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:26 pm 
Dual-Avatar
 YIM  Profile

Out of pure curriousity, and the desire for a good debate, does anyone disagree with my view on guilds? While my numbers might be stretched a little, and a few things overexagerated, am I mostly right or mostly wrong?

Post!

~Vogar Eol

Post subject: prices are out
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:44 pm 
Retired Caretaker
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

its like this - 50 million is what it costs for a player to go out and get a guild.

it's less if the player comes to an admin and says ' ok, here's my storyline, here's what im planning, and i have 10 people (lists names) that are ready to join, we want to do this with our guild, and be unique.
If the idea is good, and the player is polite, the player gets a discount, anywhere from 10 million, and up.

i'm not giving a player 25 million for something that didnt cost them that much in the first place. And giving them 25 million for all the old guilds which half of them got for free, and the rest only had paid 2 million for is also something i disagree with.

As for the stuff inside, most things can be picked up and sold, anvils, forges, players have figured out ways to move all these things.

But yeah, i'm not giving a person 25 million just so they can close a guild :)

Especially when we have players who own more than one guild. I know of 1 person who owns 2 guilds, and 1 person who owns 3 guilds, most of which are inactive guilds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:14 am 
Dual-Avatar
 WWW  Profile

hrm, who can that be??? :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:23 am 
Dual-Avatar
 YIM  Profile

Can you really think of a better way to clean out old inactive guilds? Heck, give them something outstanding even if its not gold.

Right about now I can picture a Caretaker saying "Yes, a better way would just be to delete them, and MAYBE give them 2mil if they say 'thank you sir, could you delete my other?'."

What I mean however, is how to get players to kill their own guilds without whining about it. If you have a better idea then a bribe, I would love to hear it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:52 pm 

If you really want to get rid of some of the guilds. 2 million isn't going to do it, just simply put. It should be upped a bit, but not quite 10 mil. Anywhere from 3-9 million. That is one of the only ways. 25 mil is defenantly too much and I know 3-9 mil is a lot for someone who only paid 2 mil or less to start one, but it's the only way if this is going to work and if you seriously want to get rid of some guilds.

Post subject: Guilds
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:10 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

Why do people always want cash for a guild ?

Most people currently leading a guild are not the original creators, thus do not deserve a penny, and well if your guild doesnt do as good as you hoped and you put alot of money into it, well that was your choice to do so, you should not get reinbursed for a mistake you made.....personally i got 11mil for my guild and if it was deleted eventually all i would like would be a reason as to why, or being told before hand so i could try to remedy the situation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:04 pm 

I was saying if they wanted to get rid of guilds BY gold, then they would have to up the refund, even though they were not the original starters of the guild and may not have put a penny into it. That goes for anyone else out there.

Last edited by Dragrin on Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:48 pm 
Dual-Avatar

I like Vogar's idea.

Actually, lets take it a step further and use gold to get rid of unwanted immortals, too. Hmm...how much are you worth, Isa? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 2:26 am 

. . Be nice. >.<;

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:33 am 
Dual-Avatar
 WWW  Profile

be nice

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 4:35 am 

Haha :D