Dark Legacy MUD Forum

Multi User Fantasy Text Game
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:28 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: linking personal structures
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:43 pm 
After saying that Sai daggers were mostly pierce with possible slash damage i decided to post on a topic that I think quite a few experienced players would like to see Combat moves that reflect different damage types. Right now theres jab, thrust and lunge. These however are exactly the same moves with more power in each respectively. Technically however, with any pointy weapon, you will be "piercing" the enemy.

Or if you have staff and you thrust you "poke" them actually and i couldnt imagine fracturing ppl's bones with a hard poke. Thats why i suggest either coding multiple damage types into weapons that make sense or code damage types into morebat moves (this is probably easier) and only allow those extra moves with certain weapons. So lets say for a sword you get the normal jab, thrust, lunge that now give pierce damage. Then you get cut, slash, cleave for example that do slash damage with the same proportions as the jab type action. Another thing this allows for is the increased use of knee, elbow and all the other non-weapon skills for blunt damage.

This could only work for several weapon types that allow for different uses. For example, daggers are mostly pierce but you can cut with them of course...but you wouldnt be able to cleave. Or with a spear thats also mostly jab work and you couldnt really see any slash damage happening, so you take that out but allow spears to be "twirled", sort of like a weaker multistrike that does slash damage. Im too lazy to make a list of all the weapons and describe what they can do, but you get the point._________________~Silvanos Rosvalin, Lux Sapientiae of the Concilium Veritatis~