Dark Legacy MUD Forum

Multi User Fantasy Text Game
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:00 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ] 
 Post subject: Abilities: (Acid Spit & Lay hands)
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 3:22 pm 
Lowbie

Both of these abilities have very, very long cooldown.

Acid Spit: (2h IC)
To drasticly lower the cooldown so its usuable, make it 60 seconds?

Lay hands: (3h IC)
Again here, drasticly lower the cooldown so its usable, each 30 seconds?

Noone could be waiting an hour for a simple ability, i'm unsure what acid spit completly does but, i think it could be usuable alot more.

Post subject: Re: Abilities: (Acid Spit & Lay hands)
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 4:17 pm 

Gnawer wrote:
i'm unsure what acid spit completly does but, i think it could be usuable alot more.

..... Don't make suggestions on things that you don't understand.

What you should have said was "I'm not sure what acid spit does, but the cooldown seems very long. Could anyone let me know exactly how it works and whether the cooldown is too long?"

Or gone and researched it yourself.

On that note. I believe that the wait times are too long, however I think that lay hands should be much longer than 30 seconds else people will just use it as a mana-free substitute for healing all their HP.

Post subject: Re: Abilities: (Acid Spit & Lay hands)
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 6:09 pm 
Lowbie

Tuler wrote:
Gnawer wrote:
i'm unsure what acid spit completly does but, i think it could be usuable alot more.

..... Don't make suggestions on things that you don't understand.

What you should have said was "I'm not sure what acid spit does, but the cooldown seems very long. Could anyone let me know exactly how it works and whether the cooldown is too long?"

Or gone and researched it yourself.

On that note. I believe that the wait times are too long, however I think that lay hands should be much longer than 30 seconds else people will just use it as a mana-free substitute for healing all their HP.

Do you like bashing my posts? I did research but never saw an effect from it. It said it paralyzed, but could still attack, so stop whining on every damn suggestion i make.

The point is also irrelevant on what exactly it does, you dont wait an hour for an ability in a game.

If its to strong, you tone it down. Like I said, i didn't get an exact result and the guy was still attacking.

You got to take into account the damage you can do in, there's no way a layhands can keep up the damage a healspell can heal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 6:51 pm 

You instantly jump and assume I'm bashing your post.

If you don't know how something works, then you research, if you find that it doesn't function properly you said "I tested it and it's not working properly"

You are way to immature to be suggesting anything, if you'd read then you'd realize I was agreeing with you, but you're just too stupid to understand that.

I'm not wasting any more time on you. I don't know if it's that you can't understand English or that you don't read what I write. I said that lay hands would be too strong to have every 30 seconds, and suggested a longer wait time.

You are so idiotic it destroys everything you touch.

Don't bother replying to this post, I'm not going to deal with you any more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:20 pm 
Tri-Avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Tuler wrote:
You instantly jump and assume I'm bashing your post.

If you don't know how something works, then you research, if you find that it doesn't function properly you said "I tested it and it's not working properly"

You are way to immature to be suggesting anything, if you'd read then you'd realize I was agreeing with you, but you're just too stupid to understand that.

I'm not wasting any more time on you. I don't know if it's that you can't understand English or that you don't read what I write. I said that lay hands would be too strong to have every 30 seconds, and suggested a longer wait time.

You are so idiotic it destroys everything you touch.

Don't bother replying to this post, I'm not going to deal with you any more.
    this is bashing, anytime you consider someone thats dumb or idiot or whatever bad comments is bashing :P
Anyways lets make acid spit do something worth wild. if acid spit lands, a piece of armor is instantly broken. and just like layhands you should be able to use it for some time. maybe 10-20 minutes to replenish or recover from vomitting chunks of acid at someone.
Well thats my suggestion on this matter. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 9:19 pm 
Lowbie

Acid spit, i have nothing to say because i don't use it, nor have i ever.

On lay hands however every 30 seconds would make it way to powerful, it's nice how it is at the moment as more of a back-up or critical moment use. (R-P) - Wise making it 30 seconds would'nt be too smart of a move, it'd be asking a god for help every 30 seconds because it's more a divine spell from a god and evntually the god would get annoyed and just ignore you. So i suppose you could give a person a certian amount of uses per day (24 hours ingame) up to 5 or so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 9:33 pm 

Zidane.... I'm not saying that wasn't bashing in that post. Look at my first post. You can see there, that it's not bashing. I merely stated that if he didn't know how it worked, then he shouldn't make a suggestion (refer to Itachi quote) and I also made a suggestion that was different that what he originally stated (that being that 30 seconds was too frequent)

No bashing :)

"Acid spit, i have nothing to say because i don't use it, nor have i ever. "

:) Learn Gnawer. Learn. Itachi isn't a noob, but he admits that he doesn't know enough about it. Oh, and you'll probably say "but I used it" yeah okay, but you said you didn't know how it works, so even if you did use it then you didn't use it enough to fully understand it, or to realize it wasn't functioning properly.

Zidane, I think instantly destroying a piece of eq is too much, perhaps damaging it yes, but not destroying. Maybe make it dependent on the type of eq (cloth more damaged than metal), but a couple ticks of damage are sufficient.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 9:57 pm 
Lowbie

If you're talking about armor damage, maybe have it damage a peice of eq for a certian amount of time, IE Damage a peice of equipment once every 10 seconds of battle? And maybe have it last for 30 or so seconds outside of battle still damaging that peice of eq.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:28 am 
Lowbie

Itachi wrote:
Acid spit, i have nothing to say because i don't use it, nor have i ever.

On lay hands however every 30 seconds would make it way to powerful, it's nice how it is at the moment as more of a back-up or critical moment use. (R-P) - Wise making it 30 seconds would'nt be too smart of a move, it'd be asking a god for help every 30 seconds because it's more a divine spell from a god and evntually the god would get annoyed and just ignore you. So i suppose you could give a person a certian amount of uses per day (24 hours ingame) up to 5 or so.

Please dont bring in RP arguments, those things can be justified,

Gameplay > Realism

in any game.

Anyway just wanted to say that, not even gona begin with tulers bitching.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 4:03 pm 

Gnawer..... never come back. Just leave. This is an RP game.

Nuff said. Close topic.

It's stupid that we have to continuously close topics because idiots want to continue to be retarded, but you have to do what you have to do.

OVERALL:

Acid Spit: every 2-5 minutes, make damage contious throughout battle (couple ticks of damage every 30ish seconds) outside battle either make it continue for a short period or stop altogether.

Lay Hands: Not too frequently, 1 mud hour seems to be enough (I would say 15-30 minutes)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 6:25 pm 
Lowbie

Tuler wrote:
Gnawer..... never come back. Just leave. This is an RP game.

Nuff said. Close topic.

It's stupid that we have to continuously close topics because idiots want to continue to be retarded, but you have to do what you have to do.

OVERALL:

Acid Spit: every 2-5 minutes, make damage contious throughout battle (couple ticks of damage every 30ish seconds) outside battle either make it continue for a short period or stop altogether.

Lay Hands: Not too frequently, 1 mud hour seems to be enough (I would say 15-30 minutes)

I'm glad you dont work with gamedesign, tuler cause you realy dont know how to balance things.

But thank you for bringing me another bitch post to respond to, first i'm gona castrate your logic for your balance, it wouldnt make sence to make acid spit every 2-5 mins, especielly dmg every 30 seconds considering the damage you can output in that time.

I like itachi's approach that would make acid spit useful, with a function and not just damage, which you can output 100x more in 30 seconds, make it corrode some equipment over time, like an acid breath but continues.. You just splash it on some equipment and its slowly begins draining the equipment.

Something that could be noted that the equipment couldn't be repairable until the acid is gone. (Just to prevent 3 seconds repair, flee, recall, remove all, repair all, wear all, astral <target>....

anyway for acid breath, whatever the effect is it could be a function and not just damage, could actully be paralyze, lose of magic balance or lose of physical balance, i'll leave it up to imm to decide..

And for layhands considering how many heals you can output in that time or how much damage you can take.. doesn't make sence to have a simple heal ability take 2mins to use again.. i would rather see a formula of something like 10 to 1, in the time you can heal 10 times you can layhands 1.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:17 pm 
Lowbie

"And for layhands considering how many heals you can output in that time or how much damage you can take.. doesn't make sence to have a simple heal ability take 2mins to use again.. i would rather see a formula of something like 10 to 1, in the time you can heal 10 times you can layhands 1."

Cie+Bee+heal = instantaious free mana heals, so...

c heal x10; lay hands; c heal x10;lay hands. etc.etc.etc.

And lay hands isnt a basic heal spell. It heals hp as well as regening mana and movement. So having it be available so easily would make it extreamly abuseable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 10:49 pm 

Gnawer you misunderstood my post. The 30 seconds 'ticks' was to equipment. Equipment has ticks for it's phsycial status, I meant that those would be reduced every 30 seconds after you'd succesfully casted Acid.

Get off your high horse, my replies are not bitching and they are not flaming you at all. You just seem to enjoy saying that, the reality is that you're bitching in every thread, not me. look at our posts, I'm not bitching at all. :) Remember when I said leave? I meant it.

edit: btw, I was a computer programming major for a bit, with specialties in game programming and design. Coincidence eh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 9:41 pm 
Tri-Avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Tuler wrote:
Zidane, I think instantly destroying a piece of eq is too much, perhaps damaging it yes, but not destroying. Maybe make it dependent on the type of eq (cloth more damaged than metal), but a couple ticks of damage are sufficient.
8) Ok maybe destroy is the wrong word, maybe breaking it so it can be repair later on.
i want to keep my e400 cuirass too, :wink: breaking something is alway medevil style.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 2:58 am 

lol Zidane, I think one hit to complete damage is too much still :P like I said, a tick or two every 30 seconds against equipment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 6:16 am 
 E-mail  Profile

Haha i like how almost everyone of gnawer threads that he started is closed. But Gnawer you need to stop coming up with ideas, your retarded and everyone knows it. So just stop for the whole sake of the thing that is happening with the stuff over there and...yeah....dont make me come a knockin' because i will come a......blockin? yeah i guess that works.

So yeah stop....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:17 pm 
Tri-Avatar
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

i only lock them because people make me, it turns to bashing way too quickly. like this one, too

everybody's said what they needed to say, so i don't see any harm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]