Dark Legacy MUD Forum

Multi User Fantasy Text Game
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:05 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ] 
 Post subject: Speed (You know it! :P)
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 10:40 pm 
Lowbie

Alright, I think this is the biggest problem currently when speed doesn't have a limit.

Lets take the standard weapon speeds and look at them:

Weapon Speed Penalty/Bonus based on skill:

Skill Weapon Speed
====== ========================
10..20 2.5 second slower swing
10..20 2.0 second slower swing
20..30 1.5 second slower swing
30..40 1.0 second slower swing
40..50 0.5 second slower swing
50 Normal speed swing.
50..60 0.5 second faster swing
60..70 1.0 second faster swing
70..80 1.5 second faster swing
80..90 2.0 second faster swing
90..99 2.5 second faster swing

Current speed table:
Fastest Daggers, Whips, Claws, Sling
Fast Darts, Exotic
Average Swords, Hammers/Maces, Axes, Bows
Slow Spears, Staves, Crossbows,

+ Haste + Vigilance + Time warp

Makes attack something like 0.5? with daggers?

My thoughts is this;

Make a minimum on all weapons, fastest having like: 3sec Fastest Daggers, Whips, Claws, Sling
3.5sec Fast Darts, Exotic
4sec Average Swords, Hammers/Maces, Axes, Bows
5sec Slow Spears, Staves, Crossbows,

And starsight 'Knight' make it 10% instead of 1- sec

Then add on a speed spell and ascendancy, but let them scale;

lets say +25 speed? (I belive thats around 0.25 secs right now, unsure.. but make it a percentage instead of a set value)

Like:
Haste has a speed increase of 30%; downside gets slowed afterwards

Vigilance has a speed increase of 20% downside not as much speed, but gives a health bonus for your vigilance?

Time warp has a speed increase of 40%; downside gets confused afterwards, lowering complexity after duration.

Make the spells have perks and cons, so you choose which that are suitable for you...

Its importent that they dont stack, cause that makes the choice for choosing that combination highly 'overpowered' and attracts everyone. (Swashbuckler! dagger, time flux, vigilance, knight....)

I'm not a good number cruncher but it takes sometime to get reasonble values i'm just trying to point in the right direction here.

This way if you use the spells and wearing slower weapons you gain more speed then on the faster ones from the spells too....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:50 pm 

All this cause voids suck?

There are a lot of people who aren't those combinations you mentioned, and they still own the crap outta the fastest hitters in the game.

You want time flux to LOWER COMPLEXITIES!? What?!

You want none of them to layer, then why reduce each of them to be ineffective individually?

Suppose you meant that they should layer if you reduce them; that's a 90% combination you just typed up. Meaning all attacks will be reduced by 90%. ......

and if you reduce knight to -10% no one will pick it, but that doesn't bother you does it? Cause you're probably not a knight and it won't screw you at all. :D

You shoulf focus on improving the game in general, not just for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 12:36 am 
Lowbie

Tuler wrote:
All this cause voids suck?

There are a lot of people who aren't those combinations you mentioned, and they still own the crap outta the fastest hitters in the game.

You want time flux to LOWER COMPLEXITIES!? What?!

You want none of them to layer, then why reduce each of them to be ineffective individually?

Suppose you meant that they should layer if you reduce them; that's a 90% combination you just typed up. Meaning all attacks will be reduced by 90%. ......

and if you reduce knight to -10% no one will pick it, but that doesn't bother you does it? Cause you're probably not a knight and it won't screw you at all. :D

You shoulf focus on improving the game in general, not just for you.

Wow, do you ever think more then one way tuler? Seriously, you come bashing every post I make.

Simple; I belive there could be more gameplay then rapid 0.5 attacks, that spam your screen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 12:37 am 
Tri-Avatar
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

not many people use daggers to be able to use 0.5 attacks

and he's not bashing your posts because you're you, he's bashing your posts because a) he's a sissy and b) there are a few people who don't think you know what you're talking about, and apparently he's included

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 1:35 am 

If you remove all of those spells (which btw don't ONLY effect speed) or drastically reduce them, you're obliterating what everyone is used to.

If you want them to be reduced to what you said and still layer then they'll have a 90% decrease in speed..... I'm sure you can figure out what that means

If you don't want them to layer any longer than that destroys 2/3 of the ones you mentioned (again they don't ONLY effect speed)

You seem to just make strange comments when you don't like what I say, just like when you left the IRC convo you said "You really thing there's nothing wrong with astral" I replied "no" and you left.

You can dish it out, but you can't take it. You don't understand that what you're suggesting is changing the entir emud because you don't like something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 1:59 am 
Lowbie

Tuler wrote:
If you remove all of those spells (which btw don't ONLY effect speed) or drastically reduce them, you're obliterating what everyone is used to.

If you want them to be reduced to what you said and still layer then they'll have a 90% decrease in speed..... I'm sure you can figure out what that means

If you don't want them to layer any longer than that destroys 2/3 of the ones you mentioned (again they don't ONLY effect speed)

You seem to just make strange comments when you don't like what I say, just like when you left the IRC convo you said "You really thing there's nothing wrong with astral" I replied "no" and you left.

You can dish it out, but you can't take it. You don't understand that what you're suggesting is changing the entir emud because you don't like something.

So what if I left IRC, you didn't have any arguments you just went defending it, saying IF!, IF! I have teleport then I can just teleport from astral anyway, so theres no point.. No I gave up arguing with you, big diffrence. (But you forgot the gameplay it creates.)

Like I typed before, they could only layer with knight, not with eachother or you have people picking classes just for that.... And so what if we make a change that people arn't used to, that doesn't mean its a bad change it would tempt people for experimenting more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 2:08 am 
Tri-Avatar
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

minor tweaks in a game is good, what you're talking about is a total overhaul.

also i had something else to say but i forget D:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 3:30 am 

You don't even know all of the effects of the spells you've mentioned. Vigilance doesn't only effect speed! Go in game and cast it (if you can) So why should we remove vigilance from layering when it has other effects and speed is minor among them?

Yes, I mentioned a lot of ifs, and those are what you fail to consider. You think: "Astral is bad, therefore we make astral delay" and you don't consider any other consequences.

IF someone teleports? IF someone flees? IF someone is in a zone with noastral rooms? IF someone is on the worldmap?

You said you were a game designer, if you were then you should understand tha tyou need to consider all the consequences BEFORE you implement a line of coding, else you'll end up with horrible consequences or a change that doesn't matter.

This is for the purpose of making things neat.

Gnawer originally stated:

Astral is not good because it allows players to astral to one another and initiate combat.

He wants to implement a "$n is attempting to astral to you" <pending x seconds> "$n astrals to you" so you have time to get 'ready'

HOWEVER if you move before x seconds has been reached, the astral is null and will not work. He hopes by doing this to allow for people to have to astral to nearby mobiles in order to "hunt" their prey.

He mentioned that high level players can astral to lowbies, kill them, and scamper off fast as can be, and wants lowbies to have a 'chance'.

Counter arguments:

Astral is being used right now in PVP with no real issues. If you own a house (which you can buy with money from levelling) you have at least 1 safe room.

If you implement a pending then I can make a trigger so that when I see $n is attempting to astra I merely 'e''n'w''s' or what have you, which makes it impossible for a player to astral to me at all. Gnawer has stated that this is a good thing, and that people will astral to NPCs to 'hunt' their prey.

I mentioned that if I saw the astral attempt I could merely trigger 'c teleport' he suggested that we implement a delay on teleport.

Perhaps I could trigger 'c word'. Would we implement a delay on that as well? Astral to an NPC? That would have delay also? Supp recall? Would that have a delay?

If I were on the worldmap and someone attempted to astral to me I can easily move in any (mostly) direction and there are no mobs to astral to and no way to know where I am (unless I'm near an area or path). How is it possible to 'hunt' in this situation?

The comment about lowbies: As all of you experienced PVPs know, especially those of you in guilds, lowbie killing is a baaaaaad thing and if you do so you'll often be dealt with either by your guild or by other players. I see this as a safe deterrent for anyone considering killing lowbies, however Gnawer does not (Please explain WHY Gnawer

You constantly say that I am not giving constructive criticism and that I am attacking you. You are WRONG (mostly) because what I am doing is pointing out flaws in your suggestions, which in turn is causing you to either (a) fix the flaws; or (b) realize the error you've made and scrap the idea.

That is the way things work. We don't simply say "Hey, lets change the whole astral/teleport/supp/flee/PVP system" and ONLY look at the positive side of doing so. You need to look at the negative side as well and understand the adverse effects such an implementation is going to bestow upon the players and general gameplay. This is the way suggestions work, we debate them it's not all happy happy rainbow agreement.

You're going to need to understand BOTH sides of the spectrum, and since you have little or no experience with spellcasting PVPs you cannot comprehend the effects of what you're suggesting! You, a VOID are attempting to reshape the entire magic casting PVP world!

I've said that farsight and astral to voids shouldn't be possible, that was a good idea! We constructively criticised some points and ran with it, just like we do with good ideas. This is a bad idea being proposed by an inexperienced player who only knows how to (and has little experience) playing the game as a void. That is the issue. Your idea about void farsight/astral was good, but rehauling the entire system...... not so good. If it were a great idea I'm sure we'd embrace it with open arms, whether it called for a huge change or not, however this is not one of those really good ideas. Please, read the counter arguments and dish out some of your own. If I've missed any of your arguments let me know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 3:40 am 
Tri-Avatar
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

oh, also, everything already has a delay :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 4:38 am 

physical and magic attack delay are seperate though aren't they?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:53 am 
Lowbie

Quote:
You don't even know all of the effects of the spells you've mentioned. Vigilance doesn't only effect speed! Go in game and cast it (if you can) So why should we remove vigilance from layering when it has other effects and speed is minor among them?

I dont care if it has other effects, I dont know everything about every spell. But I know it stacks and the whole issue was speed, therfor it was in my example. Since people strive for it to stack so much with speed.

Quote:
Yes, I mentioned a lot of ifs, and those are what you fail to consider. You think: "Astral is bad, therefore we make astral delay" and you don't consider any other consequences.

IF someone teleports? IF someone flees? IF someone is in a zone with noastral rooms? IF someone is on the worldmap?

You said you were a game designer, if you were then you should understand tha tyou need to consider all the consequences BEFORE you implement a line of coding, else you'll end up with horrible consequences or a change that doesn't matter.

This is for the purpose of making things neat.

Maybe you could take a look at how astral is now? Its instant, you can hit someone right after resulting in alot of insta kills. I dont care if there are some internal policy about now doing it. People are doing it, and not everyone is going to cry to bigbrother and let them deal with it, its one of the game mechanics I think couldn't encourage to refear to the ingame policy cry to bigbrother if someone messes with you.

You go off saying IF I have teleport I can setup a trigger against, certainly you can do that. But its not going to help if the guy who attacks you put some thoughts into it, he astrals to a npc nearby, then enganges you it just takes some effort.

You always come off why could we change, the one thing after the other going through these IF's then in the end coming with "why could we change the entire mud for you?" These are suggestions for improvements, i'm not looking for a solution on how to workaround the problem I belive its a question of design.

You dont have to change teleport, recall, etc, it is a slight issue afterwards with people behing able to flee for the first time? But its very much possible afterwards if it proves an issue, your the one jumping off into conclussions.

Just by looking at the statistics of the game, you can tell alot how its balanced.

How many does use astral travel for a means of combat?

Quote:
Gnawer originally stated:

Astral is not good because it allows players to astral to one another and initiate combat.

He wants to implement a "$n is attempting to astral to you" <pending x seconds> "$n astrals to you" so you have time to get 'ready'

HOWEVER if you move before x seconds has been reached, the astral is null and will not work. He hopes by doing this to allow for people to have to astral to nearby mobiles in order to "hunt" their prey.

He mentioned that high level players can astral to lowbies, kill them, and scamper off fast as can be, and wants lowbies to have a 'chance'.

You can still kill someone you just have to work for it, and it would prove an oppertunity to implant tracking for ranger so it works, giving the ranger class a purpose.

Quote:
Counter arguments:

Astral is being used right now in PVP with no real issues. If you own a house (which you can buy with money from levelling) you have at least 1 safe room.

If you implement a pending then I can make a trigger so that when I see $n is attempting to astra I merely 'e''n'w''s' or what have you, which makes it impossible for a player to astral to me at all. Gnawer has stated that this is a good thing, and that people will astral to NPCs to 'hunt' their prey.

I mentioned that if I saw the astral attempt I could merely trigger 'c teleport' he suggested that we implement a delay on teleport.

Perhaps I could trigger 'c word'. Would we implement a delay on that as well? Astral to an NPC? That would have delay also? Supp recall? Would that have a delay?

If I were on the worldmap and someone attempted to astral to me I can easily move in any (mostly) direction and there are no mobs to astral to and no way to know where I am (unless I'm near an area or path). How is it possible to 'hunt' in this situation?

The comment about lowbies: As all of you experienced PVPs know, especially those of you in guilds, lowbie killing is a baaaaaad thing and if you do so you'll often be dealt with either by your guild or by other players. I see this as a safe deterrent for anyone considering killing lowbies, however Gnawer does not (Please explain WHY Gnawer

I can go on and on about these examples, to prove astral is the way everyone kills but you all know that, further on I got plenty of logs where people appear in a split second and one hit kill.

I'm arguing here it could never be possible to appear in a split second and instakill someone it doesn't matter if you have some internal code you refear too, that its not polite, not everyone follow its. And there's for no reason this could be possible, its very well possible to make a hunt/hunted scenario of pvp instead of having all pvp'ers just teleporting with astral.

Quote:
You constantly say that I am not giving constructive criticism and that I am attacking you. You are WRONG (mostly) because what I am doing is pointing out flaws in your suggestions, which in turn is causing you to either (a) fix the flaws; or (b) realize the error you've made and scrap the idea.

That is the way things work. We don't simply say "Hey, lets change the whole astral/teleport/supp/flee/PVP system" and ONLY look at the positive side of doing so. You need to look at the negative side as well and understand the adverse effects such an implementation is going to bestow upon the players and general gameplay. This is the way suggestions work, we debate them it's not all happy happy rainbow agreement.

You're going to need to understand BOTH sides of the spectrum, and since you have little or no experience with spellcasting PVPs you cannot comprehend the effects of what you're suggesting! You, a VOID are attempting to reshape the entire magic casting PVP world!

I've said that farsight and astral to voids shouldn't be possible, that was a good idea! We constructively criticised some points and ran with it, just like we do with good ideas. This is a bad idea being proposed by an inexperienced player who only knows how to (and has little experience) playing the game as a void. That is the issue. Your idea about void farsight/astral was good, but rehauling the entire system...... not so good. If it were a great idea I'm sure we'd embrace it with open arms, whether it called for a huge change or not, however this is not one of those really good ideas. Please, read the counter arguments and dish out some of your own. If I've missed any of your arguments let me know.

You think cause I only played one class I dont have a say? No, dont think so. Its easy to see what happends in the world, and how things are i was a pvp player in the game so I saw how strong other classes was.

I like how you jump of into the other side with people and start pushing their counter arguments like saying I have no say cause I have only played void. Which is absurd for the reason you say only high levels/hours online could matter as opinions.

the speed system is not the whole game, togheter with my other ideas I agree its alot, but these are ideas for improvements that the imms could consider which to take and decide what is appropiate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 7:18 am 
Lowbie

Chilliwack wrote:
oh, also, everything already has a delay :P

Which is irrelevant since my suggestion was to give a delay for astral travel to you, not afterwards. Which wouldn't make sence since magic & phys balance is two complete diffrent things.

AND.. for making my thread into another **** thread with lack of arguments this is for you:

PICTURE REMOVED BY CHILLIWACK DUE TO IMMATURITY

Backup your arguments better, considering the delay of astral is none existant. Since its two diffrent balances and i was talking about a whole other kind of delay see above.....

I dont know why I continue argue my ideas i'm just gona let the imms take whatever approach they think is neccecery for the mud, cause this is just aburd lack of substance of constructive arguments. Past tense

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 3:45 pm 

You're showing more of your inexperience. THe imms won't move ahead with changing this unless they feel confident that the playerbase isn't going to be really pissed because of it.

You're showing immaturity in posting that stupid picture.

Refear isn't a word, I thought I'd mentioned that because you used it multiple times and I don't want you to use it in an academic paper and get nailed for it.

Now. Your issues.

First. Chilliwack mentioned a lag AFTER you astral; this is better for the person being astralled to because they get a free hit.

Second. Those logs; I'd like to see them. Do you have eq? I've never seen a 1 hit kill in DL and would love to see them.

I'm trying to think of how to word this and reading (and re-reading) your post many times has given me a bit of a headache. I'll start from the bottom and work my way up.

First, don't just quote like that unless you address the issues properly, you're jus tmaking things longer than they need to be.

You're asking us to back up our ideas, we ARE. You fail to do so. We're stating why we don't think it's a good idea, you're saying "it's good, it's good, it's good, it's good" and giving NOTHING to support such.

I see that you want to give rangers a better ability... you're a ranger void aren't you? The fact that you have only played 1 class DOES matter A LOT. You haven't experienced the game and you're trying to make decisions in respect to spells, which you admit you have NO IDEA how they work or their effects, you just want to change them without even knowing about them. Let's use a real life example here. You work at Burger King (this is all hypothetical) and I've never worked there; because I don't think you work hard I cut your pay in half and because I work as a lawyer and I know I work hard I double mine. See the problem there? You're making decisions (or suggestions) that you have no grounds to make.

Whenever we mention something that is an issue with what you say all you come back with is "I don't care". Perhaps you should, because everyone else does.

You want to bitch about this lemme tell you a story. I made a PVP and an imm didn't like me so (to help disguise person) s/he told everyone who I was and they astralled and killed me over, and over and over and over, etc, etc. Look around, do you see threads of me bitching because of astral? Guess what, I was a VOID CONSTRUCT. KNow what I did? I went on, upped my equipment and when they came for me, even through astral I was ready. (Emeralite picks ftw).

Say we do all of this with astral. You know the 'where' command? If someone astrals to an NPC and you type where you'll see they're in the area. I type where CONSTANTLY on PVPs so I know if anyone is around, should we make where not function so you can hunt better?

You're state your suggestions are for improvements, but they're not. You're attempting to pull an entire mud BACK in order to make the void/ranger better. You need to be thinking of ways to bring the void/ranger FORWARD. Thing of ways for void/ranger to avoid this (like the no far/astral to void, which is a good idea). There were PVP level caps of 10. They were removed a looooooooooong time ago and you're the first person to complain. Why is it that no one complained until you?

You talk about not looking to work around a problem and that you want to change the design of the mud. Uh... you have no idea wtf you're talking about and you're way too new to be suggesting change to the entire mud. Again, think of FORWARD not BACKWARD. Improve classes, don't screw other classes because you're not one of them.

"You dont have to change teleport, recall, etc, it is a slight issue afterwards with people behing able to flee for the first time?"

I don't even understand what that says, but flee is a nodelay so you can flood until you flee. You then state I'm jumping to conclusions, what? What are you talking about?

Statistics of the game? Like the one where you said everyone is lich or ooze and I proved that wrong, chilliwack proved that wrong, along with other people proving that wrong. Let's go on right now to check again shall we?

4 players online. 1 lich, 0 ooze.

3 of them are Akatsuki members... maybe there's something too powerful about that guild and we should make it worse so less people want to join it. Flawed logic?

"How many does use astral travel for a means of combat"

Read it a couple times, hopefully I understand. 90% of the time astral is used to find NPCs or equipment, not to PVP. (May even be more than 90%)

"You can still kill someone you just have to work for it, and it would prove an oppertunity to implant tracking for ranger so it works, giving the ranger class a purpose. "

You have to work for it when people are killing you through astral. You have to get eq and buff up. YOU have to do the work and I think that's the issue: you don't want to do the work, you want to have it given to you on a silver platter.

Gnawer, going to that link.

You swear at me all you want. Chilliwack or anothe rimmortal either remove that thread or edit out the cursing and personal attacks, I find it highly offensive and believe it may be a violation of the terms in creating an account here.

I /never/ sent ANYONE after you. I never did anything of the sort, ask Itachi. I DON'T send people to kill others, ever. He was pissed because of what you've been saying.

Fighting Iris I see that 700 damage caused you to be within the last couple % of your HP. The reason you died so quick is because you don't understand the equipment on DL either. Iris could have walked over to you and done the same thing, no difference.

You called on Filho and you tried to sneak/hide not knowing that there are spells that allow you to see people who are invis/hiding/etc (skills as well)

Androsi was angry about you're yapping. :) lol I never sent him either. You only have 790 HP, of course you're going to die quick against experienced players. Look at high hp. I bet some people have almost as much damroll as you have HP.

You can see that Lingolas and Chilliwack went to bat for you and asked him to stop, had he not done so I'm sure they could have convinced him otherwise should they felt the need. If you had shut your mouth and stopped calling him on, you could of avoided a few deaths.

at the end of that thread you say "astral travel is right now" well, if you change astral you have to change teleport and everything else, or there will be no point in changing astral.

See, Androsi was attacking you because you show who you are in the forum and everywhere by what you say. You seem to complain and even stated that you made a thread to FLAME because you didn't like void. That'll get you into a heap of trouble because no one wants to hear from whiny people all the time.

Astral isn't a huge problem. If someone were to astral to my PVP I'd already be spelled up, and if it were my void and I were playing him regularily I'd already be ready to go. You have to ALWAYS be ready to fight. Retreat a bit if you need to and then go nuts.

You are making 'suggestions' that are going to change the game for a group of people you've never been part of. You can't simply assume you have the right to suppose changes when you have no idea how the system works.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 5:15 pm 
Lowbie

First off, keep things in topic your derailing this thread aswell. Until you adress each topic, where they belong i'll respond for them for now, I dont have time. I'll write something later

You come off bringing forth every possible thought where I am wrong, like sneaking? That was my second pvp encounter dont you think i learned after that that sneak was useless?

Like you bring up unruly suggestions about level cap, togheter to the mainstream port.

It was a suggestion, not a complaint.

You think I could hold back my thoughts just cause I've only played one class?

Sorry, but comparing real life examples is completly irrelevant...

This is all about game balance, which is one topic.

If you do the math of number crunching a ooze with psi/pal/cleric or thief, you will see his damage/damage reduction potential over other classes/races.

And it will be skyhigh....

[EDITED] ->

--- alright i'm posting in the other threads, see them if you want to argue about each topic, cause they are all seperate issues.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:14 pm 

See what you've done there? You've not answered ANYTHING that I said. You've shrugged it all off and called it irrelivant becuase you don't have the answers. You posted a link to a thread in the spam area. No one is going to post in the spam area except you.

Until you actually stop saying "doesn't matter, no no no no no no irrelivant, no n no no no nonon"

You're going to get nowhere. Enjoy playing your PVP :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:45 pm 
Lowbie

Quote:
You're showing more of your inexperience. THe imms won't move ahead with changing this unless they feel confident that the playerbase isn't going to be really pissed because of it.

You're showing immaturity in posting that stupid picture.

Refear isn't a word, I thought I'd mentioned that because you used it multiple times and I don't want you to use it in an academic paper and get nailed for it.

Now. Your issues.

First. Chilliwack mentioned a lag AFTER you astral; this is better for the person being astralled to because they get a free hit.

Second. Those logs; I'd like to see them. Do you have eq? I've never seen a 1 hit kill in DL and would love to see them.

I'm trying to think of how to word this and reading (and re-reading) your post many times has given me a bit of a headache. I'll start from the bottom and work my way up.

First, don't just quote like that unless you address the issues properly, you're jus tmaking things longer than they need to be.

You're asking us to back up our ideas, we ARE. You fail to do so. We're stating why we don't think it's a good idea, you're saying "it's good, it's good, it's good, it's good" and giving NOTHING to support such.

Nothing to say here, cause its off topic and what my primary language is, is not a concern for you or how i spell. You just make you look like some arrogant ****.

Quote:
I see that you want to give rangers a better ability... you're a ranger void aren't you? The fact that you have only played 1 class DOES matter A LOT. You haven't experienced the game and you're trying to make decisions in respect to spells, which you admit you have NO IDEA how they work or their effects, you just want to change them without even knowing about them. Let's use a real life example here. You work at Burger King (this is all hypothetical) and I've never worked there; because I don't think you work hard I cut your pay in half and because I work as a lawyer and I know I work hard I double mine. See the problem there? You're making decisions (or suggestions) that you have no grounds to make.

Whenever we mention something that is an issue with what you say all you come back with is "I don't care". Perhaps you should, because everyone else does.

Completly irrelvant and out of topic, this is game balance. You think every game is unique? No, its not, many things are borrow from other games to make a game.

Quote:
You want to bitch about this lemme tell you a story. I made a PVP and an imm didn't like me so (to help disguise person) s/he told everyone who I was and they astralled and killed me over, and over and over and over, etc, etc. Look around, do you see threads of me bitching because of astral? Guess what, I was a VOID CONSTRUCT. KNow what I did? I went on, upped my equipment and when they came for me, even through astral I was ready. (Emeralite picks ftw).

Say we do all of this with astral. You know the 'where' command? If someone astrals to an NPC and you type where you'll see they're in the area. I type where CONSTANTLY on PVPs so I know if anyone is around, should we make where not function so you can hunt better?

again completly irrelevant, since this was for suggestions to enhance pvp play, not how to survive.

Quote:
You're state your suggestions are for improvements, but they're not. You're attempting to pull an entire mud BACK in order to make the void/ranger better. You need to be thinking of ways to bring the void/ranger FORWARD. Thing of ways for void/ranger to avoid this (like the no far/astral to void, which is a good idea). There were PVP level caps of 10. They were removed a looooooooooong time ago and you're the first person to complain. Why is it that no one complained until you?

I dont have a void ranger, thank you and again completly out of topic, pvp level was for unruly.

Quote:
You talk about not looking to work around a problem and that you want to change the design of the mud. Uh... you have no idea wtf you're talking about and you're way too new to be suggesting change to the entire mud. Again, think of FORWARD not BACKWARD. Improve classes, don't screw other classes because you're not one of them.

Its all about opinions, if you think these are backwards, then its your issue you have to deal with you can't put words into others mouth. In the end, your not the decision maker.

Quote:
"You dont have to change teleport, recall, etc, it is a slight issue afterwards with people behing able to flee for the first time?"

I don't even understand what that says, but flee is a nodelay so you can flood until you flee. You then state I'm jumping to conclusions, what? What are you talking about?

flee has an delay, its like 0.2 seconds, thank you and there are measures to be taken against flee, but again, completly out of topic.

Quote:
Statistics of the game? Like the one where you said everyone is lich or ooze and I proved that wrong, chilliwack proved that wrong, along with other people proving that wrong. Let's go on right now to check again shall we?

4 players online. 1 lich, 0 ooze.

3 of them are Akatsuki members... maybe there's something too powerful about that guild and we should make it worse so less people want to join it. Flawed logic?

Maybe i'm wrong, but tell me is the numbers wrong? go and number crunch damage/damage reduction for ascendancies.

Quote:
"How many does use astral travel for a means of combat"

Read it a couple times, hopefully I understand. 90% of the time astral is used to find NPCs or equipment, not to PVP. (May even be more than 90%)

"You can still kill someone you just have to work for it, and it would prove an oppertunity to implant tracking for ranger so it works, giving the ranger class a purpose. "

You have to work for it when people are killing you through astral. You have to get eq and buff up. YOU have to do the work and I think that's the issue: you don't want to do the work, you want to have it given to you on a silver platter.

If you think buffing up is fun gameplay, by all means think so, but i dont. I provide alternative routes for pvp.

Quote:
Gnawer, going to that link.

You swear at me all you want. Chilliwack or anothe rimmortal either remove that thread or edit out the cursing and personal attacks, I find it highly offensive and believe it may be a violation of the terms in creating an account here.

I /never/ sent ANYONE after you. I never did anything of the sort, ask Itachi. I DON'T send people to kill others, ever. He was pissed because of what you've been saying.

If you missed it, he quoted that it was from you.

Quote:
Fighting Iris I see that 700 damage caused you to be within the last couple % of your HP. The reason you died so quick is because you don't understand the equipment on DL either. Iris could have walked over to you and done the same thing, no difference.

Equipment is not the issue here, I know very well how i could survive that, if i had the right gear, right.. But there's no means to escape that. Unless you happend to have that mysterious item that provide no-recall.... again completly out of topic..

Quote:
You called on Filho and you tried to sneak/hide not knowing that there are spells that allow you to see people who are invis/hiding/etc (skills as well)

Irrelevant it was my second pvp encounter, and you try to tell me i did something wrong back then? This is not a review how i play.

Quote:
Androsi was angry about you're yapping. :) lol I never sent him either. You only have 790 HP, of course you're going to die quick against experienced players. Look at high hp. I bet some people have almost as much damroll as you have HP.

You can see that Lingolas and Chilliwack went to bat for you and asked him to stop, had he not done so I'm sure they could have convinced him otherwise should they felt the need. If you had shut your mouth and stopped calling him on, you could of avoided a few deaths.

Maybe i could avoid a few deaths, but do you think i honestly care? You think I care if I die in a game? Did it look like i was trying to survive? I was talking to angelina and he jumped me, for no reason. I had already lost everything on my char, i dont play it anymore... I'm testing stuff out on unruly... again stick with the subject. I'm submitting ideas to enhance gameplay, whatever your opinion about is yours, but there is nothing wrong/right ideas. If an idea provide to be useful for imms, by all means i let them use it, if its not i let them move on.

Your the one bashing it.
Quote:
at the end of that thread you say "astral travel is right now" well, if you change astral you have to change teleport and everything else, or there will be no point in changing astral.

See, Androsi was attacking you because you show who you are in the forum and everywhere by what you say. You seem to complain and even stated that you made a thread to FLAME because you didn't like void. That'll get you into a heap of trouble because no one wants to hear from whiny people all the time.

If you change astral, you dont have to change everything else and those things are minor, they can enhance gameplay, but its out of topic take it where it belong, i already posted the ideas there.

Quote:
Astral isn't a huge problem. If someone were to astral to my PVP I'd already be spelled up, and if it were my void and I were playing him regularily I'd already be ready to go. You have to ALWAYS be ready to fight. Retreat a bit if you need to and then go nuts.

again completly irrelevant, i'm not looking for how i could be doing to survive, i'm posting ideas of gameplay enhancement.

Quote:
You are making 'suggestions' that are going to change the game for a group of people you've never been part of. You can't simply assume you have the right to suppose changes when you have no idea how the system works.

I dont care about your elitism, just cause your older in terms of gameplay hours, you think you have the right to down right bash off suggestions, no.

In the end, its not your decision and now, bring constructive criticism to where it belongs, not completly out of topic discussions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 7:11 pm 

Firstly he said "FOR" Tuler. Not FROM. You bloody idiot.

I wish there was ignore here because you're an idiot. Look at your replies. Irellivant, etc, etc same thing oer and over you just don't want to deal with it.

What are we talking about? okay. Game balance. EQ is part of game balance as is everything I mentioned. that's it. I'm done. I can't take your stupidity any longer.

Oh, and you see how I said i was trying to help you with "refear" I did that for a good reason, I wanted to help you. You're a **** and you're showing it.

Enjoy your forums!! No one likes listening to you Gnawer!! :D

BYE BYE

Mods, look at his post in which he swears at me! terms of use violation. remove forever! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 8:22 pm 
Tri-Avatar
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

for any other mods with more experience, would it be acceptable to move this to the deleted threads forum?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 9:32 pm 

Chilliwack wrote:
for any other mods with more experience, would it be acceptable to move this to the deleted threads forum?

mve it to spam.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]