Dark Legacy MUD Forum

Multi User Fantasy Text Game
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:00 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Ascendancy balance (Ooze, Dragons, Planar)
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 9:15 pm 
Lowbie

Ask yourself, what ascendancy would you pick?

Most would say Ooze, behing immune to all criticals second choice would be Lich/Vampire for undead race, only vulnerble to paladins?

The helpfile on Ooze could mention its immune to criticals.

I think also each dragon could be highly resistant to physical damage like 50% and immune to their elemental.

My idea is this, quite simple make ooze criticalled from elemental damage, or holy/occult which would make, Demonology and Angelic ascendancy attractive to pick if you plan to PVP. (NOTE: I still think ooze and lich is too strong, behing immune to criticals! but its a fix in the right direction i think...)

(RP Justification could be that the ties from the deities in the demonology/angelic ascendancy is to strong for the slime to resist... and elemental damage, was just something I remembered from some game that ran ooze immune to every phys damage but vulnerble to elemental damage, but can't do like that game, cause that would ooze to strong none pvp)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 9:53 pm 
Lowbie

If something is immune to criticals that doesn't mean it's all powerful holy crap im gonna die. Or any sort. Just because it's immune doesn't mean that it has 90% resistance in everything, so if you really have a problem with someone attacking you as an ooze, find their weakness exploit it and destroy them.

And your sugguestion would make dragons overpowered, as they were before cele changed them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 10:46 pm 
Lowbie

Itachi wrote:
If something is immune to criticals that doesn't mean it's all powerful holy crap im gonna die. Or any sort. Just because it's immune doesn't mean that it has 90% resistance in everything, so if you really have a problem with someone attacking you as an ooze, find their weakness exploit it and destroy them.

And your sugguestion would make dragons overpowered, as they were before cele changed them.

It does make it overpowered, considering your can take 10x more damage then a normal race. I'm not discussing on how to kill people. I'm talking about balance of equilant ancestry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:00 pm 
Tri-Avatar
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

so uhh, how exactly do they take 10x damage? you're talking as if criticals happen like every hit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:44 pm 

Most people are paladins, that rapes Lich and whatever else.

Ooze can ONLY hit 1 type of attack; just boost your immune to poison attacks and they lose.

You're too new to be talking... seriously.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:46 pm 
Tri-Avatar
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

i know of a poison resistance drain omgz!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:56 pm 
Lowbie

Tuler wrote:
Most people are paladins, that rapes Lich and whatever else.

Ooze can ONLY hit 1 type of attack; just boost your immune to poison attacks and they lose.

You're too new to be talking... seriously.

I'm talking about ascendancy balance, not how to kill someone? So what if I boost acid resistance?

Why could one ascendancy get immunity to criticals?

Its a too strong trait, compared to the others, people are either Ooze or Lich, doesn't that tell you something?

Certainly!!
You can kill them even if they are it. But I'm not discussing how to kill someone, understand, this is about balance between ascendancy. Choosing one over the other, and ooze is definitive the favoritism, for a good reason. And I think that reason is, way to strong, to be ignored. Considering what race would you pick, and why?

You defend OOZE cause you dont want it to change, it sounds like. I'm discussing this to give 'alternatives' You seem to be against ideas, bashing me for new? Sorry, but NO' i couldn't care less about Elitism and i'm not shutting up, cause you can't see your wrong and i'm right even if i'm a noobie.

I make suggestions to move this forward PVP and you two just bashes them. Sorry, but no, competative play isn't one hit kills, doesn't work that way. Take the ideas, ponder, whatever dont ever go bashing people for having opinions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 12:05 am 
Tri-Avatar
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

increase your acid resistance to 90% and be an ooze yourself, solved

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 12:32 am 

Gnawer wrote:
I'm talking about ascendancy balance, not how to kill someone? So what if I boost acid resistance?

You said you were taking about 1 hit kills (which NEVER EVER EVER EVER happen). So... you are talking about how to kill someone

Gnawer wrote:
Why could one ascendancy get immunity to criticals?

Ooze does, but so does construct. Why aren't you complaining about construct? Either because you didn't know (noob) or because maybe you're a construct? Anyways, there are heavy penalties to both (only 1 type of hit and no heal)

Gnawer wrote:
Its a too strong trait, compared to the others, people are either Ooze or Lich, doesn't that tell you something?
Certainly!!!

Logging Dark Legacy.

Who. 12 characters online.
Who lich. 1 character
Who ooze. 1 character

That shows you that your comment is wrong.

Gnawer wrote:
You can kill them even if they are it. But I'm not discussing how to kill someone, understand, this is about balance between ascendancy. Choosing one over the other, and ooze is definitive the favoritism, for a good reason. And I think that reason is, way to strong, to be ignored.

You're talking about 1 hit kills. You can kill ooze if you're a lycanthrope, construct, elf, demonic, troll, normal, human, or whatever you want (I know I mixed everything, I just wanted to show that you can be anything and kill anything)

The reason you can't kill an ooze or a lich is because you don't understand the game. You've created a tri-av and you keep getting destroyed by experienced players. I could use my void to kill you as a lich or ooze if I wanted to. I don't like playing the void, but if I wanted to I could.

Gnawer wrote:
Considering what race would you pick, and why?

I have 2 tri-avs. 1 is a demonic/pentagram Dark elf and the other is a Void/Construct. Guess what, I can kill you with either, and before I quit playing and gave my stuff away I could kill a lot of other poeple (currently I'm remaking my eq so I will be able to again soon)

Gnawer wrote:
You defend OOZE cause you dont want it to change, it sounds like.

Nope; I don't want to, but not because I have an ooze (I don't), but because I understand the mechanics of the game and understand that even if someone is an ooze I can kill them easily.

Gnawer wrote:
I'm discussing this to give 'alternatives'

The only alternatives you're giving is to destroy every other ancestry in order to accomodate void. This is because you don't know how to play a void properly, or even why to play a void.

Gnawer wrote:
You seem to be against ideas, bashing me for new? Sorry, but NO' i couldn't care less about Elitism and i'm not shutting up, cause you can't see your wrong and i'm right even if i'm a noobie.

I'm not talknig about elitism here and am not stating that I am elite. I'm saying that I'm experienced, and so are the others who are commenting. You don't understand elitism; I'd advise you to look it up in the dictionary. We're speaking from experience, which is what you lack and what makes you a noob.

Gnawer wrote:
I make suggestions to move this forward PVP and you two just bashes them. Sorry, but no, competative play isn't one hit kills, doesn't work that way. Take the ideas, ponder, whatever dont ever go bashing people for having opinions.

You've made suggestions to pull all PVP back to accomodate voids; this is completely disregarding everything that has been tested and put forth by players throughout the history of DL PVP.

There are no one hits, I've never seen a person of equal level 1 hit anyone in the new system (I'm sure it could happen if they weren't wearing any equipment, but even then it'd be near impossible)

I'm not bashing you for your opinions, I'm bashing you because you're trying to suggest things without understand what you're talking about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 12:33 am 
Lowbie

Chilliwack wrote:

I'm not looking to solve anything, ffs this is in suggestion thread. Not support, call for help. Its easy to think out counters, you guys seem to do nothing but bashing. These are suggestions, for alternative paths.

Damn you guys are narrow minded.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 12:35 am 

Gnawer wrote:
Chilliwack wrote:

I'm not looking to solve anything, ffs this is in suggestion thread. Not support, call for help. Its easy to think out counters, you guys seem to do nothing but bashing. These are suggestions, for alternative paths.

He's pointing out that instead of changing the game you could adapt to it you bloody idiot.

Crawl into a freakin hole.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 12:38 am 
Tri-Avatar
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

don't call me narrow-minded ever again, please.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 12:38 am 
Lowbie

Tuler wrote:
Gnawer wrote:
Chilliwack wrote:

He's pointing out that instead of changing the game you could adapt to it you bloody idiot.

Crawl into a freakin hole.

This is in suggestions, i'm not looking to solve any problems i'm giving ideas. And you come and tell me how I could be doing to avoid it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 12:39 am 
Tri-Avatar
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

he's saying it doesn't need changing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 12:41 am 
Tri-Avatar
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

i demand an irc channel to discuss this REAL TIME

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 12:45 am 

Why should we change the entire game for you? Why not just have 1 player adapt rather than the entire pbase adapt?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 12:45 am 
Lowbie

Yeah thats his opinion and he could keep it to himself, he doesn't need to go bashing others opinions or suggestions. I belive it needs changing, cause tell me who picks other combos? Which is the topic of this thread...

In every game the majority of the players pick working classes/perk/race combos. So what if I explored a lesser one, and gave suggestions for improvements.

Just give an IRC server/channel and i'll come argue :P

Just ask yourself, what class / race / ascendancy would you pick?

And there you have it, there's a reason why ooze is so popular, CERTAINLY like I said before its possibel to kill them, but dont go making some defensive arguments that its not overpowered cause it is, it gets immunity against criticals.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 12:49 am 
Lowbie

Tuler wrote:
Why should we change the entire game for you? Why not just have 1 player adapt rather than the entire pbase adapt?

Sorry, but I belive all choices in the game could be viable. All could have pro's and con's to make it competative. It is how you create gameplay this is the suggestion thread, i'm not looking for a guide on how to create a good class. There are ways to improve a game to give alternative routes, and this one concerning Ascendancy.

The result why everyone is making picking ooze by itself speaks obviously for itself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 12:49 am 
Tri-Avatar
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

irc.freenode.net #argument

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 12:52 am 

Gnawer I answered that. I don't have an ooze or lich or Vampire or Construct. I have a void though and I have a demonic/pentagram/dark elf.

You have no idea what you're talknig about, ignore everyone else's comments and just keep talking. You don't understand anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 1:44 am 

just a quick point here..not everyone chooses lich/ooze..I have 9 alts, ..my ancestries are as follows
1 - Earth Elemental
2 - Mycanoid
3 - Earth Elemental
4 - Angelic
5 - Dragon
6 - Construct
7 - Thrall
8 - Ooze
9 - Demonic
hmm..thats..lets see..errm..ahh..yes..got it..thats 1 ooze, and no undeads...and I bet most people who have a bunch of alts are like that too

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 3:33 am 
Lowbie

Anyways ooze is pretty much only the second best ancestry, lich being the third. So yah it's not the best.

"Most would say Ooze, behing immune to all criticals second choice would be Lich/Vampire for undead race, only vulnerble to paladins?"

You really shouldnt assume what everybody else is thinking when you haven't been here that long.

That and you really are talking about how to kill other people, the whole idea of PVP is to maybe kill other people, so don't try steering away from it when you know you're starting to (or already) be proved wrong. When you're talking about paladins i hope you're not talking about mobs because I'm 100% sure that paladins are other players.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 5:52 pm 
Lowbie

Itachi wrote:
Anyways ooze is pretty much only the second best ancestry, lich being the third. So yah it's not the best.

"Most would say Ooze, behing immune to all criticals second choice would be Lich/Vampire for undead race, only vulnerble to paladins?"

You really shouldnt assume what everybody else is thinking when you haven't been here that long.

That and you really are talking about how to kill other people, the whole idea of PVP is to maybe kill other people, so don't try steering away from it when you know you're starting to (or already) be proved wrong. When you're talking about paladins i hope you're not talking about mobs because I'm 100% sure that paladins are other players.

Do the number crunching, and you will see the potential of an ooze psi/pal/thief over some other class, i'm to lazy to do it for you, but its obvious its damage/damage reduction is skyhigh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:10 pm 

thief isn't a freakin choice.

This is why you shouldn't suggest anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:48 pm 
Lowbie

Tuler wrote:
thief isn't a freakin choice.

This is why you shouldn't suggest anything.

I dont think you can make an bigger ass out of yourself. Well done!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next