Dark Legacy MUD Forum

Multi User Fantasy Text Game
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:12 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: The Void
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:07 pm 
Lowbie

Since i have played void all my time, I like to continue with it, but some changes are in need to be.

First thing first, Astral Travel & Farsight can locate void, without the void player have no means to locate/travel to the other player. (Some issues with track, and config +autotrack doesn't seem to work)

My suggestion is to make him locateable with farsight in which area the void is hiding, but dont expose the room name leave that for trackers(rangers).

He lacks a pindown against supp recall my suggestion is implant a poison that acts like curse.

Some pros

Can use paladins lay hands
Can use basic red/yellow/blue potions
Can use sanctuary wand (Does those other wands even work? :P )

He does gets immunity against spells, Which is nice, but it has its drawbacks. He dont get any spellups and loses so terrible in the late game.

My idea is to give him potions, make him be able to use brewed potions and found potions. It will create a market for potions for caster's to use and it will help the poor void survive late game. ( And if you make the change for potions, please remove the wands they are just silly to use )

And yes, I do think these changes would be reasonable comparing to the other classes. Without behing 'overpowered' or 'rigged' and could be fairly simple to implant

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:39 pm 

Use vials for haste/etc.

Astral to void/farsight should not be allowed.

supp recall is dependant on favour, that's the bad thing. No other negative needed.

I don't think autotrack has ever worked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:50 am 
Lowbie

Rather then letting them use magic, which in no way shape or form should a void ever use, focus on skills weapons etc. etc. for voids to make them more balanced.

Such as maybe weapon skills could be more "intense" compared to the others. 99% in swords wouldnt take off only 2.5 seconds, maybe double that or so? Since the whole purpose for speed for melee characters is so that they can swing their weapon at a much faster rate.

Astral and farsight, such as Tuler said should not be allowed. Maybe make it so that since they're voids and totally anti-magic it could screw the effect up? Astraling to void could make them astral to something totally random, and with the same concept for farsight.

Track doesn't work the last time i checked, but in place of that maybe have them "sense" magic from any char that has magic? Such as you use the skill "sense" and it gives you a message like...

"You sense an aura of magic to the north of this location" or something like that. For a duration of time, so whenever you move closer it gives you some kind of message that tells you so.

As for the healing problem, that's a bit of a difficult one. Maybe just increase their regen rate? Or decrease the regen cost in epic buy so they could have a higher one that would'nt rival the heal spell, but make it close. 100-300 regen possibly?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:09 am 
Lowbie

Itachi wrote:
Rather then letting them use magic, which in no way shape or form should a void ever use, focus on skills weapons etc. etc. for voids to make them more balanced.

Such as maybe weapon skills could be more "intense" compared to the others. 99% in swords wouldnt take off only 2.5 seconds, maybe double that or so? Since the whole purpose for speed for melee characters is so that they can swing their weapon at a much faster rate.

Astral and farsight, such as Tuler said should not be allowed. Maybe make it so that since they're voids and totally anti-magic it could screw the effect up? Astraling to void could make them astral to something totally random, and with the same concept for farsight.

Track doesn't work the last time i checked, but in place of that maybe have them "sense" magic from any char that has magic? Such as you use the skill "sense" and it gives you a message like...

"You sense an aura of magic to the north of this location" or something like that. For a duration of time, so whenever you move closer it gives you some kind of message that tells you so.

As for the healing problem, that's a bit of a difficult one. Maybe just increase their regen rate? Or decrease the regen cost in epic buy so they could have a higher one that would'nt rival the heal spell, but make it close. 100-300 regen possibly?

Problem lies in speed, not only attack speed and just bumping up cap to 99% wont help. And by the way I can reach 99% now already, thanks to inspire from bard, its no help at all. And I dont like the suggestion for regen cause then voids will almost be forced to focus on regen.

Gameplay over your RP justication? I dont see where you get the idea voids could not use potions, i see nothing wrong with that. So what he drinks a potion that gives you haste, someone still has to cook the thing, and its not a 'magic' spell. If you need some RP justification just think of it, like normal alchemy, which has healing effects, and beneficial.

It would be hard to play a void succesfully in higher levels, cause he would depend alot on potions from others.

I like the idea about astral, make them appear on some random place ;D But the rest, it wouldn't solve the problem. Voids need speed too, alot to chase down targets.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:35 am 
Lowbie

I didnt say bump the cap of 99%, I said to increase the effect of it.

The Void:

Heroes born under this starsign cannot use-
or be affected by- magic.

Potions are magic. Even if it takes more steps to actually make a potion it's still created with and embued with magic. Unless you're allowed to make potions from nature with healing/increased speed ability, but as it is now the only way to create potions is with magic.

As for the epicbuy thing, people now generally only buy stats or mr (forced to in pvp otherwise they'd be destroyed by mages) because regen doesnt get high enough for it to really be of any use and dam red is created through equipment. Being a void means you dont need to focus on mr anymore so you can just shift that to regen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:03 am 

epicbuying MR gets to be way too costly.

We talked about natural potions for DL, perhaps something like that could be implemented..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:17 pm 
Lowbie

Itachi wrote:
I didnt say bump the cap of 99%, I said to increase the effect of it.

The Void:

Heroes born under this starsign cannot use-
or be affected by- magic.

Potions are magic. Even if it takes more steps to actually make a potion it's still created with and embued with magic. Unless you're allowed to make potions from nature with healing/increased speed ability, but as it is now the only way to create potions is with magic.

As for the epicbuy thing, people now generally only buy stats or mr (forced to in pvp otherwise they'd be destroyed by mages) because regen doesnt get high enough for it to really be of any use and dam red is created through equipment. Being a void means you dont need to focus on mr anymore so you can just shift that to regen.

I dont see your justification, you telling me they dont have to put up so much MR that they could raise their regeneration? They dont get any boosting spells, they need stats, resistances etc etc.. Just making them have to get regeneretion doesn't solve it. And take off your RP hat, when discussing gameplay please, like the man above said, those things are changable, you could just say potions are natural if it interfears so with your RP religion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:00 pm 
Tri-Avatar
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

itachi's like the least rp-like guy ever

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:13 am 

I like the idea of natural potions; but it wasn't implemented like 2 or so years ago when we talked about it so why will it be now?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:27 am 
Tri-Avatar
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

because this time i have a bigger knife

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:43 am 

Chilliwack wrote:
because this time i have a bigger knife

That's not a knife! That's a spoon......