Dark Legacy MUD Forum

Multi User Fantasy Text Game
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:16 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: More Mob Run Quests
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:55 pm 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

DL needs more Mobile Run quests, Particularly ones that make you run all the hell over alora so you know where the heck you're going. Make leading people around on the quests illegal, they can ask for directions etc.

Better yet- Make MAPS! For instance a Map of Alora! And you could type:

Map Find 'Hall of Worlds' and the command reply would say something like 'that area is northwest of your location'

But yes, quests that made you run all over the place, made you bring back certain mob parts etc. Make them familiarize the players, helps them find leveling area's as well. For instance: at level 25 a quest would be for the player to go to ivory keep and slay some of the knights there and bring back their armor for a blacksmith in town.

This way A) the players have the chance to accrue some glory (for my very expensive character customizations :D ) and B) they get familiarized with alora etc and don't ask where places are etc. and they learn where they can level on their own.

Another suggestion: Don't be stingy on the glory. Don't be dumping it out of trucks either, but like...a 5 glory reward for a quest is...well...worthless. Make it 25-250 and there will be people interested in performing these quests.

Players should have the ability to gain lots of glory if they do quests before they get into epics. Make the actual leveling more stimulating and pointful than just something you do in order to get to epics so you can level and wear bad arse eq. Make eq quest prizes like the Galins quest more frequent so newbies can get some good gear without having to sell their souls to the con artists in DL or beg things off their generous guildmates.

I would really push for a quest that encourages newbies to find healing juices and bandages etc, maybe one that forces them to go into an area that's completely a no interference from the outside zone, so no world stuff gets in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 3:18 pm 
Caretaker
 WWW  YIM  Profile

I like

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:22 pm 
Lowbie
 E-mail  WWW  ICQ  Profile

I agree with Avestifal. 100%. If the Caretakers feel glory is too much to give out, or it's already too obtainable, then another incentive? Maybe a rename from a Caretaker? Or something other than glory, like gold or a free ticket to join a selective quest?

Maybe then people won't have an excuse as to why they can't find a place when they have ample opportunity to take place in a quest that involves area exploration.