Dark Legacy MUD Forum

Multi User Fantasy Text Game
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:53 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Pet spay / Pet neuter.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:24 am 
Tri-Avatar
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

a lot of people don't like their rare pets being bred, and that's understandable. so i think if you wield a weapon which does slashing damage, you should be able to neuter your pet.
yaaghh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:40 am 
Tri-Avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

lol, i dont your pet would love you anymore! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:56 am 
Caretaker
 WWW  YIM  Profile

pretty sure blunt could neuter too... want to experiment?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:15 pm 

pout I wish it was possible to do the reverse also, and make a nuter pet able to breed, then stay a male or female.

I want my Phoenix to actually be a female! I can't call Angeless an it! :(

Maybe if someone pays a bunch to an animal preserve or something, that they would be able to breed their pet once. If they want to breed it again, or make it not a nuter, Gold has to be payed to the Pet foundation or rare animal reserve. I liked the idea of nests that I read somewhere. Some areas could be preserved and none of those animals killed without a huge fine.

I'm an animal lover, so think that way. lol

Just a few ideas.

Angelina

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:34 pm 
Lowbie

The entire reason for neuter pets / pets only breeding once, was because people used to continously breed-rebreed-rebreed etc. etc. pets over and over. It's what happened to gryphons, one day there were rare the next they exploded like rabbits during mating season.

Oh, on that note, if you really tried you could netuer any pet with any kind of weapon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:58 pm 
Tri-Avatar
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

"neuter pet shopping cart"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:43 pm 

I'm not saying make it easy for rare pets to breed. Make it hard. but still make it possible. Say that for the rare breeds that females would be rare for starters. Then they would have to go to a mob vet / animal doctor and pay for fertility treatments for both male and female if two chars want to mate their pet. They can't just be in a room and wamo they breed.

The fertility treatment is temporary and very costly, for both male and female. so if they ever want to breed again, it would cost even more than the first time, and the second time it wouldn't be certain that it would work.

Also rare pets from the same bloodline can NOT ever breed!

I thought of more ideas about this after I logged out earlier. I will add more here when I remember exactly what it was. I need to rest for a bit. My ideas should come back to me then.

Angelina

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:55 am 

With money the way it is now, that wouldn't suffice.

Rare pets should not breed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:59 am 
Lowbie

I like the bloodline idea, but there's a major problem. Pets bought in shops (non-player) how are you supposed to identify if they're from the same bloodline or not? If they're not labeled as the same bloodline you could just multi-breed phoenixes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:54 am 
Tri-Avatar
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

order (your unicorn) rape (other unicorn)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:25 pm 

Chilliwack's command should be implemented into DL without delay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:48 pm 

Itachi wrote:
I like the bloodline idea, but there's a major problem. Pets bought in shops (non-player) how are you supposed to identify if they're from the same bloodline or not? If they're not labeled as the same bloodline you could just multi-breed phoenixes.

Hmmm I didn't think about that before. I guess if it could be coded that all the eggs from a shop (or any rare pet) would be all from the same bloodline. The females would have to be even rarer bought in shops than when bred.

the Existing phoenixes would have their own bloodlines according to the pet name. Using the pets name as that bloodline. When bred though any offspring would have the females bloodline.

The existing Phoenixes (and other rare pets) would have to have an operation done by an animal doctor (mob) to be able to have a sex to begin with. That would only make them a male or female, not make them able to breed.

Rare pets would have to have a separate fertility treatments for both sexes later on to give them the possibility of a fertility treatment to work. Just like irl, it wouldn't always take. Some females would end up being sterile (or the males they breed with might be sterile).

I have role played my Phoenix as being a female from the time I got her, so that is what I would make her if it ever was possible, and if I could ever afford it.

It would be so cool if any pet that would breed wouldn't always give up the egg or eggs to the pets owner. You would have to have certain charisma stats, and roll a certian way to be able to get the female to give up one egg to you. If you didn't get the right roll, she would be able to hatch the eggs herself and raise them. She can feed they through you ordering her to, or something. Or maybe it be automated feeding by the female. When the offspring get full grown, they leave their mother and go into the wild. They would become mobs in the forests, jungles, and woods, etc. Not necessarily aggro mobs. Depending on the type of animal, some would be more aggressive than others. The aquatic animals would find their territory in rivers, ponds, streams, and the ocean.

Other animals would find their territory according to what type of animal they are. It would help populate the jungles, woods, and forests with actual animals instead of only creatures.

Just a few ideas that are going around in my head. Tons more where that came from. hahaha

Angelina Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:50 pm 

Chilliwack wrote:
order (your unicorn) rape (other unicorn)

NO that is awful!! :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:47 pm 
Tri-Avatar
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

order phoenix rape gryphon

TO MAKE INVINCIBLE GRYPHONS MADE OF FIRE.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:50 pm 

Angel wrote:
Itachi wrote:

Hmmm I didn't think about that before. I guess if it could be coded that all the eggs from a shop (or any rare pet) would be all from the same bloodline. The females would have to be even rarer bought in shops than when bred.

the Existing phoenixes would have their own bloodlines according to the pet name. Using the pets name as that bloodline. When bred though any offspring would have the females bloodline.

The existing Phoenixes (and other rare pets) would have to have an operation done by an animal doctor (mob) to be able to have a sex to begin with. That would only make them a male or female, not make them able to breed.

Rare pets would have to have a separate fertility treatments for both sexes later on to give them the possibility of a fertility treatment to work. Just like irl, it wouldn't always take. Some females would end up being sterile (or the males they breed with might be sterile).

I have role played my Phoenix as being a female from the time I got her, so that is what I would make her if it ever was possible, and if I could ever afford it.

It would be so cool if any pet that would breed wouldn't always give up the egg or eggs to the pets owner. You would have to have certain charisma stats, and roll a certian way to be able to get the female to give up one egg to you. If you didn't get the right roll, she would be able to hatch the eggs herself and raise them. She can feed they through you ordering her to, or something. Or maybe it be automated feeding by the female. When the offspring get full grown, they leave their mother and go into the wild. They would become mobs in the forests, jungles, and woods, etc. Not necessarily aggro mobs. Depending on the type of animal, some would be more aggressive than others. The aquatic animals would find their territory in rivers, ponds, streams, and the ocean.

Other animals would find their territory according to what type of animal they are. It would help populate the jungles, woods, and forests with actual animals instead of only creatures.

Just a few ideas that are going around in my head. Tons more where that came from. hahaha

Angelina

Firstly, this gives a HUGE advantage to the CURRENT (ie. you) owners of pheonix..es... because you can only get them in the shop can't you? I've never seen an egg that could hatch them..

Secondly; if there is going to be an egg pet pheonix implemented because of this, peopl ewho simply bought their pheonix shouldn't be at such an advantage (unless I'm wrong and you can hatch them)

secondonly... this sounds a lot like sim pets :| The charisma roll is easily overcome by enchanted eq with 60 char.

It's possible to flood the mud with random non-agg pets.. and I stopped reading about there.