Dark Legacy MUD Forum

Multi User Fantasy Text Game
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:08 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Salvaging
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:26 pm 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

we should be able to salvage scales from mobs other than dragons, like snakes, reptiles, etc etc, why only dragons?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:40 pm 

We should be able to salvage Deer and other animals that we meet. I came across some Deer and other animals that could be used as food, but they were not salvageable. *boggle* and people are??

What about salvaging certain kinds of fish for fish eggs? I never ate them irl, but some people do.

There are lots of things that would be good to salvage that I have thought of before, but didn't want to bother the IMMs about it during this time when the pets are gone. I just found this thread today.

I'll post more later. I have tons of ideas about the game!

Angelina

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:56 pm 
Tri-Avatar
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

i salvaged deer and cow today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:17 pm 

Chilliwack wrote:
i salvaged deer and cow today.

Hmmm maybe there are some deer in some areas that don't give meat or hides, and some areas that do. I have only seen Deer once anyway. I explore a lot and haven't seen them but once. So I guess there aren't many around.

Deer and Cow (never seen a cow in DL) would seem like the most logical animals to make leather from. Maybe even some other wild hoofed animals. Like Elk, Moose, mountain goats, mountain sheep. Then cure hides to make leather, or furs for armor or clothing.

I have only read about cow pets, I didn't know there were wild cows.

I learn something every day. :) I would prefer salvaging from animals.
It is a bit strange to salvage meat and skins etc from
people = (mobs that are sentient beings, not just beasts).

I think encountering wild animals as mobs in the forests and jungles more often than other things, would be more like a real forest encounter, instead of a robber, or thief so much.

Then we could salvage from wild animals more if we chose to salvage from them instead of sentient beings. When an aggro mob attacks I'll salvage it, but would rather salvage animals. It seems less gruesome to skin an animal, than it does a kender, goblin, or dwarf mob etc.

There just aren't enough regular animals for my character to salvage only animals if that is what she chooses to do. RP wise, it is gruesome to salvage sentient beings. :( I would rather have the choice for my character to salvage only animals. And be able to actually cook and eat the meat she salvages!

I know most people on DL are not RPrs, but I know I'm not the ONLY one on DL that is. I sure wish there was more role play involved in DL, but that is another story for another post.

Angelina

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:52 am 
Tri-Avatar
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

HOLY LONG POST, BATMAN.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:31 am 

Chilliwack wrote:
HOLY LONG POST, BATMAN.

hahaha I'm a writer, so ideas like that flood my mind and keep developing as I write. There is nobody to talk back for a while in posts, so I say all I can at once, not just a little here and there. lol

sorry if you don't like long posts. If not you don't have to read it.

Angellina

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:16 pm 
Tri-Avatar
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

no no, i read it, it's just that i can only write that much if i copy+paste sentences a few times. no no, i read it, it's just that i can only write that much if i copy+paste sentences a few times. no no, i read it, it's just that i can only write that much if i copy+paste sentences a few times. no no, i read it, it's just that i can only write that much if i copy+paste sentences a few times.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:46 pm 

Some people might like to salvage from humans/other sentient beings cause they're RPing as evil-doers.

Implementing the skin/meat from the same animal salvage isn't too hard, but maybe a little more litter will be created. I doubt that's too much of an issue though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:07 pm 

Tuler wrote:
Some people might like to salvage from humans/other sentient beings cause they're RPing as evil-doers.

Implementing the skin/meat from the same animal salvage isn't too hard, but maybe a little more litter will be created. I doubt that's too much of an issue though.

I know what you mean by litter. I'm constantly cleaning up after others. lol people leave loot and corpses all over. So when I see them I sac them so there won't be litter everywhere.

It would be nice if salvaging animals more could be implemented after all the pets are restored.

Angelina

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:37 pm 

However, I don't see it being of utmost importance on Celeborn's list of things to do.. It may be a while before we see that.

p.s. chilliwack kicks ass

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:04 am 
Caretaker
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Chilliwack wrote:
no no, i read it, it's just that i can only write that much if i copy+paste sentences a few times. no no, i read it, it's just that i can only write that much if i copy+paste sentences a few times. no no, i read it, it's just that i can only write that much if i copy+paste sentences a few times. no no, i read it, it's just that i can only write that much if i copy+paste sentences a few times.

I had to read the entire thing before I caught on. ;-;