Dark Legacy MUD Forum

Multi User Fantasy Text Game
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:09 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: New kinds of treasure maps/clues? (New suggestions!)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:26 pm 
Lowbie
 WWW  YIM  Profile

"These are only suggestions and can be changed at any time, please submit your queries below..."

I know there are already several different kinds of treasure maps, but I think it might be interesting if they came more expandable and more exciting to find. Say you find a tattered map chest, I think then there should either be a reward in a chest such as gold, or it may yield some kind of other map or clue that leads to a kind of like bonus, maybe even rarer then the first chest. Also maybe introduce a few more maps such as wrinkled, wilted, torn, burnt, gnawed, faded, old, standard, new, confusing,and the rarest, god maps.Maybe have even 'pieces' of the maps you could either locate in mob chests, epic mob chests, epic dungeon chests, or more bottles. So 'stained' maps arent all that common as they are today.

New order of maps in my opinion:

New= 10-300gp
Childish= 300-500gp
Wilted= 1-3k, very small chance of boon pop
Simple= 4-7k " "
Standard= 7-8k " "
Stained= 8-10k " " 1-10k chance for ultra
Old= 10-15k, small " " 1-1k chance for ultra
Faded= 15-20k " " 1-500 for ultra
Tattered= 20-25k, medium " " 1-100 for ultra
Gnawed= 25-30k " " 1-75 for ultra
Torn= 30-35k, med/high " " 1-60 for ultra
Confusing= 35-40k " " 1-45 for ultra
Cryptic= 40-50k, high " " 1-30 for ultra
Burnt= 50-60k " " 1-20 for ultra
Ancient= 70-100k,very high " " 1-10 for ultra, 1-20 for multiple
God= 100-150k " " 1-5 for ultra, 1-10 for multiple

Egg=1kgp-100k, depending on egg. 1-200 for ultra

Edit: maybe have a random mob attack you that hatches from the egg when you open it.

:idea:
Resource map- ?
Ancient Resource map- ?
Map of knowledge- ?
Allknowing map- ?
Random map- ?
Dyed map- ?
Invisible map- ?
Wet map- ?
Secret map- ?
Map of the Scholars- ?
Map of Mysteries- ?
Death map- ?
Decaying map- ?
Papyrus map- ?
Fable map- ?
Multiple map- ?
Legendary map- ?

Gem amount provided by approximate amount of max gold possible

ie, 100 gold can yield 1 gem
----1k can yeild possible 5 gems
----10k possible 10 gems
----100k+ possible 20 gems

:idea: EDIT: Maybe make it possible to pop jade+ gems, but really rare!
:idea: :idea: EDIT: Baboos can also pop in map chests uncommonly, the better the map the better the baboo!

Pieces of each map to collect, joining to make one map:

2-old
3-faded
4-tattered
5-gnawed
6-torn
8-confusing
10-cryptic
15-burnt
20-ancient
40-god

Thank you for taking the time to read my suggestions and hope to hear feedback on what yall think is good, bad, or might need to be changed. Any ideas you could provide me I would be very greatful, I worked very hard thinking of these ideas and have more to come.

Shrouwder

:idea: EDIT::

How bout having new 'Egg' maps?? they could be associated with the value of the egg as in how rare the map is to fish up. Having a small gold amount, the egg, and some other items inside the chest would also make a good addition to this idea. Since we can now mine for eggs, fish for eggs, kill mobs for eggs, breed for eggs.. why not find an 'ancient egg' inside a map chest? :D i know i might be going a little overboard, but i thought it might be pretty cool :)

Egg- 30 pieces of the map, for 1 whole map

:idea: Edit::: You could have a very small chance to salvage a piece of a map from a dug up chest

:idea: Edit:::: While fishing, you should also have a very small chance of just pulling a chest from the mud, wielding the same rewards as regular mob/map chests, but have them around certain fishing areas in alora. Map chests fished from the mud can run from 500 gold-100k like the others.

:idea: :idea: :idea: EDIT!:

Locked boxes: You can fish up, find from mobs, get lower lockedboxes from higher locked boxes or other chests, they have a possibility of containing various items such as ultras, boons, cash, wax tablets(probably not..), eggs, gems, books, ores, ingots, maps, map pieces, keys and key pieces. IE, an emeralite key can open an emeralite locked box. Keys may only be used once like a dungeon key and then disappear.
{Borrowed from WoW}

Different kinds of boxes and keys: in order from worst to best
Rusty, Bronze, Iron, Silver, Gold, Mitrill, Adamanatite, Meteorite, Emeralite
Have the keys colored in a Gold/Yellow color to distinguish them between other keys.
Keys may be put on your keyring.

Extra Socket boon: An ultra rare boon that you may only use on one item that has less then 6 sockets on it, and has no runes already added to it. Limit 1 boon per item. It permently raises the socketed item by 1 socket, and you use it by combining the boon and item. It will make the item glow, then u can sac the boon to enable the effect.

Clue Chests: Have clues that can be dropped randomly from monsters, found in chests, or bottles fished up. The clues will point you toward either an area, enemy, or other task around alora to finish. After a clue has been found and finished(may have to dig in an area), the reward may either be a key, clue chest, or another clue.
{Borrowed from RuneScape}

Clues: In example...

Very hard- "It looks to be very hot here..."
"Are we on top of a flaming mountain?"
"Only the Lord knows..." (meaning it could be like Lord arthus in ivory keep or some enemy in Arma.)

Medium- " Cant anyone cook around here?"
" I feel a bit itchy..."

Easy- "Something smells like a rat..."
"Dont step in the poo!"
"Can you overcome the chessmaster?"
"Where is the Oasis?" (This could either be on the worldmap or in an Area)"

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: Edit!-More special maps:

Morphic maps- Diggable in morphic landscape. 30 x 30 or more dig area, and can yield a possible locked box or regular map chest reward from tattered or above.

Area maps- Make other area maps such as midian hills, just like the stained map you can dig up in tarsonis. 10 x 10 or more dig area. Reward depending on the area, can range from locked box or regular map chest from stained or above.

'Ultra' map- A mini quest found by a clue chest that can help you piece together a map that yields a greater reward than the original map. ie; Bring the person in the clue 2 pieces of a stained map, 1 egg map(possible original), and 1 tattered map(possible original) to have a chance to recieve back an "an Ultra tattered map", "an Ultra egg map" or just another regular map higher then the lowest original.

Boon map- Rare map that gives roughly a 25% chance for 1 boon and/or no other reward from a 25 x 25 or more dig area.

'Ultra' boon map- Very rare map that gives a 100% guarantee chance of 1 or more boons and no other reward from a 35 x 35 dig area or more. Only obtainable from clue chest quests.

Rune map- 100% chance of 1 normal rune, and a small amount of gold

Ultra rune map- Rare map with a 10% or lower chance of 1 ultra rune, and 90% or more chance of just 1k

'Ultra' Ultra rune map- Very rare map with a 20% or lower chance of 1 ultra rune, and an 80% or more chance of 5k

NPC map- obtained from clue chests, you will talk to a certain NPC and they will ask you to bring them one of more items, in which when u give to them will give u an NPC map. Find the map and return it to the NPC unopened for a reward. Open the chest, and you have a very low chance of getting something from it, but it may be better than the reward that the NPC would have given you. Occasionally will have nothing if opened

Special Chests:

Frozen chest- Only openable while standing in lava. Can be obtained from any map and yields a little more reward than a regular chest. There is a chance the chest might melt when you try and open it.

Lava chest- Only openable while standing on ice or tundra. Can be obtained from any map and yields a little more than a regular chest. There is a chance the chest might shatter when you try and open it.

Morphic chest- Only openable while floating in morphic landscape. Can be obtained from any map and yields a little more than a regular chest. There is a chance the chest might simply disappear when you try and open it.

Locked NPC engraved chests- Have to take the chest to a certain NPC to have them open it. The NPC may charge a small to large amount to open it for you, but can sometimes have real nice rewards inside. Occasional chance that the chest is either empty or has a low reward such as 50gp

Multikey locked box or chest- Extremly rare chest, Requires the use of more then one key in your inventory to open it. Possible chance of no reward. ie; "a silver emeralite chest" or "a gold mitrill adamantite locked box"

Last edited by justakid88 on Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:49 pm, edited 22 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:39 am 
Tri-Avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

you know i can support this idea, its good actually. 8)
All who agree disagree, Speak up or i cut off your tongue
:twisted: should we have this idea for a "added" to Dark Legacy or not?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:56 pm 
Tri-Avatar
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

WHAT THE **** IS DL 2 AND WHY WON'T ANYONE TELL ME

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:22 am 
 E-mail  Profile

Dont worry about it. Its nothing, just rumors. Zidane, stop make threats that you can fulfil.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:07 am 
Lowbie
 WWW  YIM  Profile

anyone think that this might be to hard to code?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:17 am 
Tri-Avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Dourht wrote:
Dont worry about it. Its nothing, just rumors. Zidane, stop make threats that you can fulfil.
read my note closely its for Dark Legacy there no 2 next to it.
stop putting words in my notes dourht, get a job, you bum! :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:18 pm 
Lowbie
 WWW  YIM  Profile

lol.. ok ok, no fighting :) we all know that this idea is superb, but its all up to cele whether or not he wants to make himself more work with coding :( hopefully he finds the idea feasable and finds time for it. But until then we can at least try and get our hopes up :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:50 am 
 E-mail  Profile

Oh Get a job Zidane? I have a job. I work harder than all of you. I put in 55 hours this week and i still have to work tomorrow. So dont say get a job, and dont say get a girl friend either. Those are the two reasons i quit DL.

And Zidane I was replying to Chilliwacks post for the first half. Not yours. Now go hang yourself!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:39 pm 
Lowbie
 WWW  YIM  Profile

i know what u mean dourht, with my girlfriend, working 30+ hours a week and going to college kinda makes it hard for me 2 be on sometimes :) but back to my topic, has cele even seen it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:07 pm 
Lowbie
 WWW  YIM  Profile

ok, so yea i edited the post.. tell me what yall think of that idea :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:27 pm 
Tri-Avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Dourht wrote:
Oh Get a job Zidane? I have a job. I work harder than all of you. I put in 55 hours this week and i still have to work tomorrow. So dont say get a job, and dont say get a girl friend either. Those are the two reasons i quit DL.

And Zidane I was replying to Chilliwacks post for the first half. Not yours. Now go hang yourself!
LOL you need to get lucky or something, because i work smarter then you. (j/k) {just trying to add some flame on this post. i know you was talking about chilliwack, i thought i can defend him for once :P}

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:06 am 
Lowbie
 WWW  YIM  Profile

anyways, i updated it a little more. hope yall like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:42 pm 
Tri-Avatar
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

for god's sake, zidane, don't defend me. i'm too lazy to add reasons why not to, so you'll just have to not to it for now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:12 am 
Lowbie
 WWW  YIM  Profile

wow, guess everyone is really interested in my suggestion.. XD at least i got some feedback from roje..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:19 am 
Lowbie
 WWW  YIM  Profile

edit on gem section, thanks to roje for that idea!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:49 am 
Tri-Avatar
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

i think there should be a "buttery" map. that gives grease. or lets you cook eggs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:53 pm 
Lowbie
 WWW  YIM  Profile

or it randomly slips from ur hands when u examine it, and u have to search the ground to find it again. thus making it harder to find and yeild more reward :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:31 am 
Lowbie
 WWW  YIM  Profile

:), how bout u can salvage a map chest for a chance of a map piece?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:27 pm 
Lowbie
 WWW  YIM  Profile

a few more map and fishing ideas added to my original post!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:07 pm 
Lowbie
 WWW  YIM  Profile

bumpity bump bump! 6+ good votes on it so far! :) still looking for ideas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:00 pm 
Lowbie
 WWW  YIM  Profile

huge idea update! check it out :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:07 am 
Lowbie
 WWW  YIM  Profile

bump! go check out idea :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:59 pm 

Unless this is done very carefully we'll have a map full of people fishing and ending up with an immense amount of good things from it.

I would say that more than 5 gems per chest would be too much, unless it were one of the next to impossible to find maps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:30 am 
Lowbie
 WWW  YIM  Profile

ive found a stained with 11 gems in it before. so its already possible, and i understand the bad idea of having EVERYONE try and do this.. but thats y there can be pieces of keys and maps, and different kinds of chests to make it even harder to get the reward. and also the possibility of having nothing in the chest will make some people rather lvl or craft, while others would stick with it.. (aka me..) but in the long run just for 1 map it would take you a while, and since i can find about 40-80 staineds a day now, the key word here is 'time'. also, with the assortment of so many different maps, it would make the higher ones alot rarer cause u have less of a chance to get a certain one, and still most of ur maps will be childish,new,simple, stained, and other low ones. :) but thanks so much for your input i appreciate it greatly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:59 am 

Putting really nice things and limiting the frequency is strikingly similar to occasionally having nice things and being slightly more frequent..

If you couldn't combine maps people would just trigger fish till they had whatever amount they needed for the next up, or until they got a decent map (even then they might save it to find later)