Dark Legacy MUD Forum

Multi User Fantasy Text Game
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:39 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:54 pm 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Sorry to burst your bubble but im pretty sure thats exactly the way they wanted it, according to what i remember Isabelle saying when it was tweaked. I actually dont have much trouble with encounters except at really really low levels. It just means you arent as well equipped as you think. They wanted them to be hard because its an ambush, meaning they already have the upper hand. Not to mention the fact that you can flee and continue walking to wherever. (not including one hit deaths of course, but thats your eq speaking).
And ambushes arent really supposed to give exp either. Youre essentially being robbed/murdered and if u survive well thats your reward :)

Post subject: uh huh
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:39 pm 
Retired Caretaker
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

worldmap encounters are not meant to be easy, and you can indeed flee, as i have levelled countless characters from 1 to epic and have spend considerable time wandering worldmap, and running into nasties.

i have managed to survive all encounters so far, either by killing them, or fleeing.

Please note: to help not get encounters, you should stay on a 'road', while on a 'road' the chance of an encounter is considerably less.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:42 am 
Lowbie
 WWW  Profile

In agreeance with Isabelle and Silvanos, having the proper equipment and the 'flee' command, you shouldn't be having that many problems. I have also leveled several alts while traveling the world map to other destinations, especially with only one class, and still managed to stay alive. But I DO have to admit, the 'flee' command was used quite often. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:27 am 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

It's not a matter of your characters sucking at all, it's just that they're poorly eq'd. I personally have to flee from half the ambushes I run into between levels 1 -20. They're just not worth it, and the other half the reason I don't flee is cause I have a healing class.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:24 am 
Dual-Avatar

Please...PLEASE make these mobs equivalent to level 55+ mobs...I would like to see some of the damn newbies learn to flee instead of beg for help on ooc. -_-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:11 am 
 ICQ  Profile

Quintos wrote:
Please...PLEASE make these mobs equivalent to level 55+ mobs...I would like to see some of the damn newbies learn to flee instead of beg for help on ooc. -_-

they used to be like that. i think it should be brought back :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:16 am 
Caretaker
 WWW  YIM  Profile

How about we make the mobs equilvient to the level of the character... after all they dont just learn to ambush straight away... so we could have like "beginner ambushers" attack 1 to 10... "learned ambushers" attack 10 to 30", "advanced ambushers" for lvl 30 to 40, and "expert ambushers" for lvl 40 to 50... and perhaps a whole set of ambushers for epic levels? I dunno, i just dont think that all ambushers would start at being able to kill their opponents in one hit... oh and if pkill gets brought in, perhaps an ambush skill? would be kinda nifty :P (stops you showing on world map :P)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:17 am 
 ICQ  Profile

an ambush from my eyes is designed to be completely, utterly unfair from the getgo. the objective is to be so extremely powerful that you overcome whoever you are ambushing in a matter of seconds. period. if you want to live, you run, or better hope youre a hell of a fighter. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:19 am 
Caretaker
 WWW  YIM  Profile

what i mean is the ambushers will still be hard for them to kill, but easy enough that they dont die in a few hits: P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:59 am 
Arch-Caretaker

Encounters are actually based on character level. :P