Dark Legacy MUD Forum

Multi User Fantasy Text Game
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:08 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Newspaper.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 5:40 pm 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Look, we will never have a successful newspaper w/ contributing authors for DL if the pay isn't good enough. The trick is to offer a high enough rate of pay so that you get a good amount of entries and have to knock some off the list for being too poor in quality/not what you're looking for.

1,000 gold and 500 gold are not decent rates of pay. I can go kill one mob and make 500 gold.

And I understand that the newspaper is to provide more of an RP feel to DL, but then you would have to hire permanent writers/journalists/bards or whathave you to make sure the paper is kept up to snuff.

What I suggest is slapping another 0 on the end of those rewards.

10,000 and 5,000. Or heck, half that even. 5,000 2,500.

This will get decent amounts of entries, people will have some nice incentive to write, and the editors of the paper will have the freedom to pick and choose between entries instead of taking any submissions that they get simply because they aren't getting any at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:35 am 
Lowbie
 WWW  Profile

The current pay rate is exactly why I decided not to participate.

Your first suggestion for pay (10,000) is quite appropriate. More people will participate, afterall, it's their time away from game playing, so why not pay them what their work is worth?

If 10,000 is a bit too much, then let the work be evaluated before that amount is awarded. Perhaps 5k for those who only write one high quality paragraph, and 10,000 for those who write two high quality paragraphs. Either way, remember, it's time away from the game. The pay rate, regardless of how it's awarded, needs to be raised for anyone to be interested.