Dark Legacy MUD Forum

Multi User Fantasy Text Game
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:45 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Inter-Guild PK
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:32 pm 
Lowbie
 E-mail  WWW  ICQ  Profile

I'm using this idea as something I've seen work on other MUDs, now I'm just waiting for certain people to laugh at me for suggesting it.

I see many people pride themselves on guild wars, arena PK, etc...well, why not have a monthly inter-guild PK? Yes, this can include all guilds, no one is left out. And I know some of you may think that some guilds shouldn't be allowed to participate because they're too strong, but here's the catch:

- Have them sign up a week in advance, make that the cutoff date. If not enough people sign up, then they're disqualified that week and the next week too.

- Limit the number of people who can sign up to 5. You can still have more, but the first 5 will go and if one of the first 5 isn't able to make it due to something outstanding, then the next person will take their spot.

- Since we know that some class combinations are stronger than others, and that guilds are not restrictive as whom they let in, keep it to pure melee. Arena battle is, after all, a test of skill and strength. And with this, since spells are able to be augmented, restrict the use of them all together once they're in the arena. Make the people spell up in front of you and make a rule to disable all spell triggers. Limit it to one healing juice, and that's it. No pure mana drinks, nothing. Check each person before they go into the arena for items that might allow them to cheat and watch over the arena as a whole. Heck, even code in something that logs spell usage during arena fighting.

As a reward, each guild member is given something and the guild as a whole is titled 'The Best Guild In Alora' for all to see. They must, then, defend their title the next week and every week thereafter until they lose.

Input?

Post subject: pkiller
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:11 am 
Tri-Avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

why not just make pk code and let the people use the war channel for complinting and stuff. This way the peacful people dont have to hear(read) the vogar people. The idea here is pkill are lootable limited to 1 item (Possilbe Constainer).
zidane wrote:
This means pkiller need to use the bank more enough and carry only thing not to valuable to them

In any case make a limit between levels maybe from within 10 level (epic too) and maybe insteal of making account limited to 8 make it 10.
Ok, this idea is tough around the edge, I want to impove it a little more so make some input here. As for kariyana idea inter-guild war i think we need to work on it some more 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:33 am 
Retired Caretaker
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

yeah sure, this is how you do PK (ala Isabelle)

1a) PK is PK, theres no level range crap, if you are level 1, or level 1000, it's a free for all.
1b)you make friends, and alliances, from there you can decide whether or not to kill level 1 characters.

2a) Everything should not drop on death, thats where problems start, if you want to have PK for the fun, leave it at that, fun, no items. No gold, no experience.

2c) Instead, use some point system, where it means nothing for gameplay, but its something you can show off. (points) (and a level 50 initiating a fight with a level 1, and killing them would mean a penalty to the score) - for each level under you, you lose 1 point from the base score of 10, so a level 50 versus a level 40 and winning would mean -10 points, where as a level 40 against a level 50 and the 40 winning would equal 10 points, and a level 50 against a level 50 would equal 10 points.
Or, 50 > 50 = 10 points, 50 > 49 = 9 points, 50 > 48 = 8 points
there would be a max loss of 10, so a level 50 > 30 = -10, 50 > 1 = -10
and when dealing with higher level characters that you attack, it would be the base of 10 plus 1 per level, to a max of +5 to the 10. (15)

3a) When you die, you have 5 minutes to gather your corpse and leave the area, this avoids corpse camping problems.

4a) Allow people to mobilize teams, for the sake of controlling a city for its resources. This would be something that occurs once a week, for 1 hour.

4b) In order to avoid cheating (where all the players simply team up and take the city) there would be NPC's which defend the city. As well, not all characters would be able to team up, and racial nations would be how we decide which nation you are a part of.

5a) kill the battlecry thing from pkillers, it will become insanely spammy. It's bad enough with the arena games.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:00 am 
Dual-Avatar

Kari: Not a bad idea.. I believe that they're already planning something similar, although the format is not yet finalized as of the last I heard. I do not believe their version is going to be limited to melee only. This is, in my opinion, a bad idea because when a meleer is fighting against a caster, it's unbalanced to the side of the more experienced. Two completely inexperienced PK fighters will most likely result in a caster victory as once the meleer's antimagic shell (if he casts it) wears off, the caster can do major damage rather quickly. When you take a step up to the "functioning brain" category, a meleer can likely decimate a caster by using antimagic shell, styles, and skills with any proficiency. When you begin to use intelligent strategies, however, it becomes a good fight that will be hard to determine as the caster and meleer can, theoretically, counter each other's moves repeatedly.

Zidane: I'm sorry but http://dictionary.com/translate does not support the language that you are speaking. I would assume that you speak English as a second language but those who study the language generally make more effort to type out full words and spell them correctly. Am I wrong in assuming that you are simply another product of the education system of the United States?

Isabelle: PK should be a flag that can be applied at will and removed once per X days.
I believe that although their should be no hard level cap on PK, but, instead, PK could affect the 'honor' statistic and this statistic should affect something. Obviously, attacking lower levels would lower your honor and killing higher level characters would raise your honor and respect. This should be modified by the defender's honor and respect statistic and should recieve some sort of character/time cap.
There should be different ratings for the statistic. If you are honorable and respected, you should recieve perks from those who praise you and be scorned by the dishonorable. If you are respected by dishonorable, you would be feared, currying tribute from the weak and jealousy from the dishonorable.
A system to eliminate the possibility of corpse camping should be created, but those who attack and lose a PK battle should randomly have an item turned over to the defender. It would be possible for those who are respected to protect certain items that are important to them through a new command that would expend a small amount of respect to bind and make loyal an item.
I also like the idea of a 'capture the flag' or 'king of the hill' mode of battle for Groups/Factions/Guilds (depending on what you would like to determine PK teams).
Battlecries should not be removed but possibly work on a different channel such as wartalk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:19 pm 
Tri-Avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Quintos wrote:
Zidane: I'm sorry but http://dictionary.com/translate does not support the language that you are speaking. I would assume that you speak English as a second language but those who study the language generally make more effort to type out full words and spell them correctly. Am I wrong in assuming that you are simply another product of the education system of the United States?
well yes english is my second language and i have a third language to, but i dont care about spelling errors. As long you can assume what im talking about rather then judge me or try to help w/a dictionary website you should stuck to the topic and of my ideas. there is an old saying in engilsh.
"If you have nothing good to say keep it to yourself" :wink:
As for criticism and/or sarcastic marks(insults). lets see if you can master 3 languages. :lol: Oh dont bother to tell/ask me about my lanuages. i find it rude for someone to indirect use the english language to hide a message that was for me and others complinting about quintos actions.
Back to the topic:
points for pk? people dont share victorys in point but only in the kill itself, a reward items and/or numders of kills the pkiller makes. Ok the points can be the numder of kills you have on your deadly and i agree with isabelle with
isabelle wrote:
3a) When you die, you have 5 minutes to gather your corpse and leave the area, this avoids corpse camping problems.
For guilds/clans there should be none just plane old fun pkilling (deadly tag) the one choice to group and gang up on one person tactic is part of pkilling. If you have battlecays on put it on the war channel as well as the slain message, because the slain message can get spammy too.
zidane wrote:
my opinion replace perma character or copy it to make a deadly code that celeborn took out :idea:

some poeple can deal with pkilling and some cant. It is a choice of the person action to make a peaceful/deadly/perma but just make it fun so you dont get to many complaints about it. Fairness goes along ways. We know they're some multiclasses that are stronger then then others. Again is was the person choice to pick the mutliclasses they wanted. maybe the choice is just bad to make for deadly use but as for peaceful it wasnt :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:51 pm 
Tri-Avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Zidane wrote:
Quintos wrote:
well yes english is my second language and i have a third language to, but i dont care about spelling errors. As long you can assume what im talking about rather then judge me or try to help w/a dictionary website you should stuck to the topic and of my ideas. there is an old saying in engilsh.
"If you have nothing good to say keep it to yourself" :wink:
As for criticism and/or sarcastic marks(insults). lets see if you can master 3 languages. :lol: Oh dont bother to tell/ask me about my lanuages. i find it rude for someone to indirect use the english language to hide a message that was for me and others complinting about quintos actions.
Back to the topic:
points for pk? people dont share victorys in point but only in the kill itself, a reward items and/or numders of kills the pkiller makes. Ok the points can be the numder of kills you have on your deadly and i agree with isabelle with
isabelle wrote:
For guilds/clans there are no 5 minutes recovery. Just plane old fun pkilling (deadly tag) the one choice to group and gang up on one person tactic is part of pkilling. If you have battlecays on put it on the war channel as well as the slain message, because the slain message can get spammy too.
zidane wrote:
my opinion replace perma character or copy it to make a deadly code that celeborn took out :idea:

some poeple can deal with pkilling and some cant. It is a choice of the person action to make a peaceful/deadly/perma but just make it fun so you dont get to many complaints about it. Fairness goes along ways. We know they're some multiclasses that are stronger then then others. Again is was the person choice to pick the mutliclasses they wanted. maybe the choice is just bad to make for deadly use but as for peaceful it wasnt :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:53 am 
Dual-Avatar
 E-mail  YIM  Profile

i kinda like the idea of making Deadly chars, and making it so that a deadly can PK a deadly with no jail time or what have you, and you decide weather your char will be deadly when you start, like a permadeath. also, if a NON-deadly attacks a deadly, they could maby... be forced to become a deadly. its kinda a nuts and bolts idea, but im working on it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:36 am 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

I like issy's idea

The problem with your idea Shana is that it wouldnt be fair if they was forced to become deadly because some people dont like the idea of being 'one life only'.

And that would be a major problem for people who arent deadly right now that have crafts,cits,guilds,etc...Might wanna rethink that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:49 am 
Dual-Avatar
 E-mail  YIM  Profile

you might wish to re-read what i wrote
i didnt say only have 1 life, i said a deadly should only pe able to kill another deadly without getting in trouble, i also said if a NON-DEADLY attacked a deadly they should be forced to become a deadly. That way we can protect someone that isnt deadly from those that are.