Dark Legacy MUD Forum

Multi User Fantasy Text Game
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:17 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Make Healing Potions from stores worth buying.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:05 pm 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Yeah as the subject says:

There's no sense in telling someone to buy a healing potion from the store or of the auction if the healing potions bone, there should be potions like diablo's rejuvenation potions that hit you for like, 300 hp right off, and slow tick heal potions that heal you slowly for 500 hp (these are only examples of amount of healing)

But eventually 100 hp healing potions become useless, particularly where mobs are hitting you frequently for 75 hp. The healing tick of a 100 hp heal potion becomes laughable.

Make a store/shop that's easy to find and has an unlimited supply of things like bandages and splints. I guarantee a real newbie is gonna have a really hard time collecting these things.

This way people don't have to plead around for juices and vials or heals from other players and can actually go out and buy these products themselves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:19 am 
Lowbie
 WWW  Profile

I totally agree with the above reply. Potions are worthless as of right now unless there were some modifications made.

As of right now, juices are the way to go.

Post subject: i totally disagree
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:46 am 
Retired Caretaker
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

players from 1 - 30 do not fight monsters that dish out 75 damage each round. People who are new to dark legacy can buy these normal potions which heal 75-100 hitpoints, or find red ones in chests which heal even more damage.

Once you are reaching level 50, or are near that range, you would have heard about crafting drinks, and enchanting, or would have seen people selling them over auctions, or in shops.

The normal potions are fine, and truth be known, the 250 sip full heal potions are things i consider shouldnt even be in-game :)

the crafts are there however, so when a player reaches the level of expertise to try out other things than levelling, or hack n slashing, the craft drinks are there for them to explore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:01 am 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

what levels are the Ivory keep area's for again?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:02 am 
Dual-Avatar

24+

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:29 am 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

it was a rhetorical question quintos. but thank you ever so much.

Post subject: ?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:20 pm 
Retired Caretaker
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

i think we must be fighting in different ivory keeps

i just levelled my level 26 permadeath ranger from 27 to 29 in there, and yes, i was /randomly/ being hit for 75 damage divided by 2 from sanctuary = 35 damage.

I will note, i have no complete heals, i have violet and red potions.

i do this for the express purpose of proving it can be done :)

(thats a level 29 permadeath voider, using a wand of alora btw - no wands of sanctuary, or friends with powerful spellups :))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:26 pm 
Tri-Avatar

How long ago was this, Isabelle?

Post subject: it was..
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:34 pm 
Retired Caretaker
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

i've been playing nefertiti since saturday, got her a level on saturday, and two on sunday. (1 from midian zoo)

i will point out, ivory keep is not 'easy' i like goraths zoo better, snakes and kittens, and dragons, much better to my liking.

However, i did not die in ivory keep, so with the rest of you grouping and fighting together, i don't understand the reasons for saying you get damaged so much.

btw, red potions heal like 125+ health, thats pretty good, you only have like 600ish health at that level range. if you are fighting something thats consistantly damaging you for 100+ damage, you are in the wrong area.

And if a player is refusing to use sanctuary, then hey, they have no right to live, its a readily available spell that makes you take half damage, thats HUGE! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:40 pm 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

some warriors who don't like dealing with the headache of grouping with others don't have access to "le sanctuary".

Post subject: since when?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 11:32 pm 
Retired Caretaker
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

it is my understanding wands of sanctuary pop for everyone, warriors included.

they can also use staff of aloras

they can also use master healers

they can also use crafted equipment with sanc on it

Post subject: Re: Make Healing Potions from stores worth buying.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:24 pm 
Tri-Avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Avestifal wrote:
Yeah as the subject says:

There's no sense in telling someone to buy a healing potion from the store or of the auction if the healing potions bone, there should be potions like diablo's rejuvenation potions that hit you for like, 300 hp right off, and slow tick heal potions that heal you slowly for 500 hp (these are only examples of amount of healing)

But eventually 100 hp healing potions become useless, particularly where mobs are hitting you frequently for 75 hp. The healing tick of a 100 hp heal potion becomes laughable.

Make a store/shop that's easy to find and has an unlimited supply of things like bandages and splints. I guarantee a real newbie is gonna have a really hard time collecting these things.

This way people don't have to plead around for juices and vials or heals from other players and can actually go out and buy these products themselves.
agree with healing potion being stronger because its a one time uses 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 8:13 am 
Dual-Avatar
 YIM  Profile

Actually, I find its easier to get an ultra rune then a damned Staff of Alora. The pieces pop in locations like Tarsonis and midian on the ground. Room items like those only respawn when no one is in the area on a respawn tick. Thats if they CAN appear more then once a reboot. What does that mean? They only really appear once or twice a reboot (the midian one more frequent)

Then we have the problem with people logging out with a char standing at the spawn points. Either that or leaving a pet there as and astral point. In short, they are near impossible for most people to get. Mitrill help any newbie trying to get one. Thats sad too, they are a really great item for lowbies.

Isabelle, you honestly can't say everyone can get wands of sanctuary. Yes they pop in chests. However the code dictates that only what you don't need will pop in a chest. Also some people RARELY EVER get a single chest. Buy one on auction? If there is a single fec rune in the chest, it often gets auctioned far above the price of the average lowbie. If there isn't, no one really bothers to auction the chests.