Dark Legacy MUD Forum

Multi User Fantasy Text Game
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:51 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Free hosting for anything DL related or well.. anything.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:27 am 
Hey everyone, I haven't been on DL for a year or more now, but I'm pleased to see it's still up and running!

I made this post to offer you some free webhosting. I have massive amounts of space and bandwidth, and I'd like to share it with my favourite MUD.

I didn't know which other board to post this in so here it is :)

Just shoot me an email (it's public) if interested and I'll set you up :)

I also have no problem hosting anything else you may need, even if it's the game itself, this forum or the site, and as I said, for free.

Just a little something for all of you who entertained me all those years ago.

Also, anyone interested in running their own MUD or IRC bot or own website let me know, I can add you as a subdomain or point your domain to mine, any way you need it. Make sure you include your space and bandwidth needs with your message so I can properly allocate.

See you in Alora!

Last edited by thyris on Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:57 pm 
Dual-Avatar

From your topic's name, I take it that you're interested in hosting something for the MUD? I doubt that Celeborn would want to put his code up somewhere else, but it is a nice gesture to make.

If I didn't misunderstand the message as offering to host MUD-related sites, that sounds very good, and, if I ever get around to finishing a certain project of mine, I may contact you about that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 3:08 pm 
Yeah, it's to host anything really. IRC bots, development mirrors, fanpages, personal websites, forums, whatever, and even dark-legacy.com itself, only difference between me and other hosts, is that I'm offering this for free. Of course, the domain name still has to be paid for to whoever it's registered with, but I don't need anything in return for hosting such a great MUD.

I know when I was running one there wasn't anywhere to go to get free hosting for it, so it just fell through the cracks.

I even have a photohost up on there, and more are welcome to start their own.

To see some of my content the main link page is http://thyris.org

There's a MUD client on there for mine, but I don't expect mine to go very far. I only have 2 immortals aside from myself :P