Dark Legacy MUD Forum

Multi User Fantasy Text Game
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:44 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: OKAy i really like this idea.PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO IT
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:18 am 
 E-mail  WWW  YIM  Profile

Okay someone brought this up and i really wanted it to happen so here goes nothing:

Clerics should be able to marry people because theres never a Caretaker on when i need one.And the bride and groom should type something like "config +allowmarrige".
It could be a skill learned at like...hmmm...mebbe level 48 or something only learnable be clerics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:24 am 

I agree completly, and also suggest that it be a lvl 50 skill and not a spell. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:08 am 
Retired Caretaker
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

i was thinking it should be npc controlled, and done via a quest guy.

1) we ensure all deities have a cleric avatar
2) each cleric avatar can do marriages
3) you need to be engaged to someone, you go to avatar, and talk to it
- option comes up 'marriage'
type in 1 for marriage
other player needs to be in room with you at the time
when you press 1, it asks if the othe rplayer agrees, other player presses Y for yes (within like a little questing talk thing)
then the npc carries out the marriage rite.

the global marriage spam can be removed too

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:45 am 

Thats a good idea, but for players who dont know how/cant to get to the NPC who can do it. Possible both could do it so all the bases are covered

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:41 am 
Caretaker
 WWW  YIM  Profile

What about custom vows?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:51 am 

well, couldent you do the vows any ways, like right em down on a parchment and read em off, then give it to them afterwards so they could keep it. Custom vows seems a bit over the top.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:52 am 
Caretaker
 YIM  Profile

why not make it a council, like the JC's are...that way a caretaker can oversee it...but not have to be involved as much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:35 pm 
Retired Caretaker
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

i'm a little undecided if i would want players to involve marry or involve divorce others tho. It's not a bad idea, but it raises some possible concerns -

the potential for it to be abused is there, someone could be joking around, and marry a bunch of strangers, or be annoyed with someone, and divorce them.

currently, there is a 'fee' set up, to help reduce frivilous marriages, would the players receive compensation for their time?
would they use the same fee for everyone?
who would receive the money?

if a player is receiving money, is the council open to everyone then, or only open to select individuals to receive compensation for their time?

what if there are few clerics online, and they are busy levelling, and don't want to be bothered with it?

what if the person wanting to be married is disliked by the other players who are able to perform the marriage rite?

Personally - as long as it is not abused, i have no problem with it (providing that Celeborn also removes the global marriage echo)
- an "area-wide" marriage echo would be reasonable however.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:52 pm 

Thats why we would keep the power for caretakers to marry as well, and mobs, so no one will ever have to wait untill a care taker is on to be married agin. With all 3 options open it would be alot more convenient for people to get married.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:49 pm 
Lowbie

I'm for the idea that it's NPC controlled and simple to get to. Perhaps just in midian church(or another town, beach, etc.. creativity) and the fee would be 500k. Divorce 200k. Or 700k total at marriage, which includes divorce fee for(if) later on. If one of the character wants a divorce, both characters would be single.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:28 pm 
Dual-Avatar

Jerardo wrote:
I'm for the idea that it's NPC controlled and simple to get to. Perhaps just in midian church(or another town, beach, etc.. creativity) and the fee would be 500k. Divorce 200k. Or 700k total at marriage, which includes divorce fee for(if) later on. If one of the character wants a divorce, both characters would be single.

I would suggest a larger price for divorce...make them think about it before they get married. Also, the marriage-divorce package seems a bit...tacky?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:24 am 

500k? 700k? What about the players who want to get married without spending there life savings and the ones who cant even nearly afford that price.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:07 am 
Lowbie

Ya it's a bit awkward buying the package. Maybe the marriage-divorce package wouldn't exist, but rather only the marrage 500k and divorce 200k. If any changes, 500k for each process (same amount of paper work...).

Skele, that's a considerate price. I'm aiming for a price that would help prevent any abuse of this system. Developed players[who found decent method to coin] should be able to coin that much without much work. There's a variety of methods to obtain gold.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:35 am 
Lowbie
 YIM  Profile

That is way too much to get married or divorced. The price can at lease be lowered to lets say 200k for marriage and 100k for divorce. I agree with the cleric idea of having the skill to get married. A caretaker is almost never on and u just have too wait and wait till one gets on. Which is sometimes a day or two. But I also agree with the NPC idea cause it would be easier for the two people to get married. Instead of waiting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:03 am 
Caretaker
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Catra wrote:
That is way too much to get married or divorced. The price can at lease be lowered to lets say 200k for marriage and 100k for divorce. I agree with the cleric idea of having the skill to get married. A caretaker is almost never on and u just have too wait and wait till one gets on. Which is sometimes a day or two. But I also agree with the NPC idea cause it would be easier for the two people to get married. Instead of waiting.

I'm practically on 24/7.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:31 am 
 YIM  Profile

i think 200k is too steep, personally 50k is good atm imo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:03 am 

Kiasyn wrote:
Catra wrote:

I'm practically on 24/7.

Maybe yes kiasyn, but when I contacted you to marry Jodah I simply had no response -_-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:25 pm 
 E-mail  WWW  YIM  Profile

Kiasyn wrote:
Catra wrote:

I'm practically on 24/7.

Yes, but you always appear idle. It's either just because I'm that annoying or you're just always busy. :/