All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:55 pm 
Retired Caretaker
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

fire drake - nerfed
balaam and balac slight nerf
zoo janitors harder

one thing i noticed, is that the gold that these mobs drop is all out of balance with their respective areas.

that will be a future fix, i'll think about what is fair for various level ranges and go from there.

summon pixie now summons a pixie with slight regenerative powers and higher willpower, i'm unable to affect hitpoint change, will need to ask celeborn for a 'slight' raise.

summon bear still needs some tweaking, but it's closer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:45 pm 
Dual-Avatar

Why not uncap the pixie's level and give it +1 complexity and + a few hp per level?

That way, a ranger's pixie will pierce MR at 30 points lower than his own MR-piercing abilities; I don't think that's too high. They do need a significant hp boost if they're to be used against players; their hp doesn't matter at all against mobs but players will slaughter them if they aren't beefed up significantly.

Also, why give them regenration? If they lose hp, they're dead. There is little or no room for rengeration to take place. They need a several-hundred percent hitpoint boost.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:45 pm 
Retired Caretaker
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

only because i lack the ability to do some things

i can't uncap levels - and i don't want these creatures turning out like elementals, which are seriously overpowered in my estimation.

however, i will try and get celeborn to assist me in changing the hitpoints of the pixies

(it's coded)

i think probably i will need to figure out which bonuses each 'extra effect rune', and which bonuses each 'ultra effect rune' should modify.
+{health}%
+{complexity}%

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:53 pm 
Dual-Avatar

Uncapping them won't make them anything like elementals. Elementals are overpowered because their damage is infinite range and unresistable. This is a problem because heal is capped and players' defemses revolve mostly around sanctuary, resistances, and armor class, all of which are ignored by elementals. As long as your opponent has an elemental and it's not asleep, you are taking damage at a fixed rate.

Summoned faeries damage opponents via the cone spell, which is limited in range, respects universal damage reduction, respects sanctuary, gives a save, and has to pierce MR. Uncapping their level will make them useful at higher levels, not overpowered. Leaving their level capped makes them useless for high level characters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:51 am 
Lowbie

Nuitari wrote:
Ranger is already the best class at this point in the game.

I'm all ears if you care to explain your thoughts on that statement. I will admit that my first class was a ranger and fun building/grouping with him. I'm not quite sure what you mean by "best".

However, currently I'm seeing rangers as not being the desired potential. Their weapon skills caps at 80%, even bows/spear where they supposely should get higher according to tradition where they are supposely good huntsman.

They're summoning complexity currently aren't up to par, so I am very much pro for tweaking their summons. First off I would like to say that I'm against the idea where a class spell is "only useful at beginning", so here my thoughts if coding allows:

Summon Vermin - detects death traps(like pet ability)

Summon Wolf - high attackroll, rest average stats, has bite, headbutt

Summon Familiar - (out of ideas)

Summon Bear - agreed with previous suggestions, add bash, stun at higher levels

Summon Faerie - ", boost their heal(its extremely weak/unoticable atm), add decent distort for higher levels

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:42 pm 
Dual-Avatar
 WWW  Profile

can we please keep firedrake in the warloc the way it has always been. I know he's rediculously difficult to kill at low level but that's what make it fun. Lowbies quickly learn that there's dangerous foe beyond the might of their novice sword. As for homer and I when we used to be a lowbie the drake was one of our most fearful enemy and at the same time, our favorite because it gave us a challange. It gave us a reason to come back and take revenge. It gave us something to talk..or cry about.

-----------

sommoned monsters. It seems to me that everything you summon has only one purpose, and that is to kill kill kill. We should give summoned monsters other purposes. For example, a sprite can be used for healing. a vermin can be used for scouting. a bear can be used for ...for... whatever bears do besides killing. You get the idea...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:31 pm 
Tri-Avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Isabelle wrote:
fire drake - nerfed
balaam and balac slight nerf
zoo janitors harder

one thing i noticed, is that the gold that these mobs drop is all out of balance with their respective areas.

that will be a future fix, i'll think about what is fair for various level ranges and go from there.

summon pixie now summons a pixie with slight regenerative powers and higher willpower, i'm unable to affect hitpoint change, will need to ask celeborn for a 'slight' raise.

summon bear still needs some tweaking, but it's closer.
i dont think pixie need a slight raise in hp, maybe in mana for spells

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:21 pm 
Dual-Avatar

Jerardo wrote:
Nuitari wrote:
Ranger is already the best class at this point in the game.

I'm all ears if you care to explain your thoughts on that statement. I will admit that my first class was a ranger and fun building/grouping with him. I'm not quite sure what you mean by "best".

However, currently I'm seeing rangers as not being the desired potential. Their weapon skills caps at 80%, even bows/spear where they supposely should get higher according to tradition where they are supposely good huntsman.

They're summoning complexity currently aren't up to par, so I am very much pro for tweaking their summons. First off I would like to say that I'm against the idea where a class spell is "only useful at beginning", so here my thoughts if coding allows:

Summon Vermin - detects death traps(like pet ability)

Summon Wolf - high attackroll, rest average stats, has bite, headbutt

Summon Familiar - (out of ideas)

Summon Bear - agreed with previous suggestions, add bash, stun at higher levels

Summon Faerie - ", boost their heal(its extremely weak/unoticable atm), add decent distort for higher levels

The problem is, if something is capped, it CANNOT be useful at all levels. If you cap something, you're targetting the final version of it at a certain level. You can't have the level 50 summons be appropriately powerful at level 40 and at level e600. They're either going to be horribly overpowered at level 40, or useless at e600. Even if they're useful at e600, that makes them underpowered at e1000.

Uncapping does not mean "OMG MAKE IT OVERPOWERED BUFF BUFF BUFF" it means "scale it to the level of the character using it". A level 30 character should be able to summon level 30ish mobs. An e500 character should be able to summon the equivalent of e500ish mobs. The level would vary according to their class, of course; a ranger would get better summons than a mage or druid, and all other classes would get really bad summons. It's not that hard to scale them, either: you know that epic characters gain one complexity per 30 levels, so make each fec equivalent to 150 epic levels.

Currently, non-elemental summons are marginally useful to non-epic players; the summons aren't too weak for powerful casters but they are too expensive for most levelling characters. For triavs, summons are useless. This makes summoning complexity useless for triavs, and the VAST majority of the game occurs at triav - levelling is just a brief inconvenience before your character spends the rest of eternity as a triav.