Dark Legacy MUD Forum

Multi User Fantasy Text Game
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:20 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: the New PvP and the desperate need for rules on it
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:39 pm 

Ok, we all knew this would happen, that there would be a need to create rules governing pvp once players started to find ways to gain unfair advantages, and leave it to Zidane to be the one to start it...

I think first of all that any player levelling a pvp to level 15, so they have the benefit of still being able to use bolo, being able to cast invis, being able to switch to their triav and use astral or farsight to locate a lowbie target, then switch back to their pvp char, use bolo to instantly take them to the right area, then pk that person repeatedly, is, to say the least, cheap.

Since pvp is in a trial stage right now, and will be taken out if it doesn't get well received, that makes this type of tactic incredibly stupid, unless you don't really WANT pvp, because all that'll do is make players hate it, and not want to keep it

Something needs to be done about this, I realize it would be nearly impossible to police something like a pvp char using a non-pvp triav to hunt ppl, but there must be *something* that can be done to prevent, or discourage it.
As for bolo, i recommend that either pvp chars can't use him at all, or are cut off from using him beyond level 5. The majority of lowbies use him to go to shattered refuge, where they remain til at least level 10, after that the norm is usually dwarven area, which is right outside of midian anyway, so making the level restriction 5 really wouldn't affect many players.

Until something is done about these issues though...sleep with one eye open zidane ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:42 pm 
Tri-Avatar

I say let him do it all he wants, eventually he will be surpassed and mauled by other people. Only a matter of time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:48 pm 
Dual-Avatar

Two suggestions:

Either A) PvP has no effect unless you're level 50(single, dual, or triav). That way, there's no fighting among levelling chars or killing of levelling chars by triavs.

or

B) You can only attack someone up to 80% of your level, rounded down, without getting a crime. Triavs cannot attack non-triavs without getting a crime(so triavs don't prevent a level 40-49 character from avataring). No epic level attack restrictions would apply, only non-epic.

Edit: In any event, you shouldn't be pking people who are trying to start PvP chars. That will keep PvP from ever becoming prevalent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:04 pm 
Arch-Caretaker

i'm posting laws in a sec.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:30 pm 
Arch-Caretaker

http://forums.dark-legacy.com/viewtopic.php?p=8532#8532 for pvp guidelines.