Dark Legacy MUD Forum

Multi User Fantasy Text Game
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:11 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Player help with blueprint/crafting process
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:54 am 

I don’t know if this topic is of any use or not but I thought it might help if players mentioned oddball of unusual items that may cause problems in the upcoming blueprint/crafting process. I give the following examples.

In Hill Giant’s area the bugbears in the basement have morning stars made of adamantium. This may be to valuable a resource to have mob items made of.

In Shattered Refuge there is a horned helm that is also a container.

A container called a bandoleer in the Keep of the Warlock I believe. It has a small enchantment like a wearable item, but cannot be worn. And a bandoleer slung over my shoulder would look so cool.

Hope it helps.
:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:32 am 
Dual-Avatar
 YIM  Profile

Whats wrong with a helmet that is also a container? It holds fungus if I recall, and fits the area. I can also name weapons that are containers, belts that are containers, neck-items that are containers, and so on and so forth.... None of the container items are good gear, but if you want to be "mister million pockets" you can. Whats the problem with that?

I did notice Isabelle or someone yanked the emeralite newbie leggings. That was definately a smart move, though my poor lowbie is feeling a draft now. I don't see problems with rare materials in areas, just so long as they are decently difficult to get.

Heck, from the looks of things, epic levelers will be finding good metals for salvage from the mob items there. Why would epic'ers bother farming one or two hard to get items from areas when they can speed level and get stuff faster? A few little salvage items for lowbie crafters shouldn't hurt. Makes me wish those meteorite belts were still around though ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:58 pm 
Retired Caretaker
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

i don't know why you can't wear the bandolier, it works for me, and it works for others

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:11 pm 

I used some bad examples, but here is the point I was trying to make, and it is addressed to those doing the work on items for the upcoming blueprints. Does non-typical item cause any special consideration in the upcoming conversion, and if so would it help if players could identify them ahead of time?

I knew the emeralite newbie items were gone, and the mace was the only other material based example I could think of. The helmet was meant as a dual-purpose item example. The bandoleer was meant to be an example of a specific problem, however it has been a very long time since I tried to wear it and could not, and did not know it was working normally. I would have used a bracer with two wear locations, arm and wrist, but could not remember the name of the item or where it is found.

Anyhow that was my intention, sorry for the misunderstanding. I did not mean that anything was wrong with these or similar items. If the conversion process is straight forward and such things are not a problem, then please remove this topic as it is not needed. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:31 pm 
Retired Caretaker
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

yeah, it doesnt affect the salvaging/disenchanting process.

there are dual purpose items, which i have specifically created to be dual purpose.

such as the tazmanian fur quest item, it can be worn on the ankles, or wrists, your choice

or the helmet which is actually a container (a pot)

or the bandolier which can hold items, and can be worn around your body

However, i do thank you for giving me that information on the adamantite items, i do want to keep track of those.
if you find any emeralite, meteorite, or adamantite items in game, or mitrill, feel free to let me know

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:50 am 
Dual-Avatar
 YIM  Profile

If we can create blueprints from destroying a multi-use item... would we be able to construct a multi-use item? Say a helmet thats also a cooking pot for instance? This could be quite neat....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:53 am 
Dual-Avatar
 YIM  Profile

Still am interested about the special items.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:42 pm 
Tri-Avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Vogar Eol wrote:

Heck, from the looks of things, epic levelers will be finding good metals for salvage from the mob items there. Why would epic'ers bother farming one or two hard to get items from areas when they can speed level and get stuff faster? A few little salvage items for lowbie crafters shouldn't hurt. Makes me wish those meteorite belts were still around though ;)
this is a good idea for epic character for kobold eq or skeleton eq, this would req. a code for salavage from weapons and armors