Dark Legacy MUD Forum

Multi User Fantasy Text Game
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:07 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Player vs Player topic and issue
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:54 am 
Tri-Avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

basically we just want/need to know how people feel about the ideas on PVP guard level (level restrictions). The reason ill put this issue on trials and testing. We need to test some new ideas. Lets try to keep the complints down.

Personal the higher epic characters are abusing the hell of this. And far more if a newbie player wants in on the action, he basically has to kiss ass until the pvp can get to a depend enough level to able to give a challenge. :evil:

:)
Put your input here about Terms, Ideas, Wrongs and Improvements.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:02 am 
Tri-Avatar

Thats life Zidane. No rules in PvP. Tough it out and get strong and get revenge, or be a pansy and stick to peaceful. Thats my 2 cents.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:06 am 
Tri-Avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

weems wrote:
Thats life Zidane. No rules in PvP. Tough it out and get strong and get revenge, or be a pansy and stick to peaceful. Thats my 2 cents.
peaceful has nothing to do with pvp. tough up? sound like i have to kiss ass just to level kinda gig. :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:51 pm 
Tri-Avatar

If you do, then you do. Don't anger people and you won't get picked on. Tough it out. The whole idea behind pvp is that there is no rules. The people with power can do what they like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:19 pm 
Caretaker
 E-mail  WWW  YIM  Profile

Ditto on what Weems said. PVP is meant to be constantly able to be torn apart by anyone by any level. It sucks for people who get picked on sure, but like Weems said, don't anger them and you won't get picked on. Besides...revenge is sweet ^_^. Forces you to get better equipment, better spells, better tactics. Then of course you get to do the victory dance at the end of it all when you kick their butts...and hope they don't come back and kick yours when you aren't looking...lol ahh the good ol' days. ^_^.

Oh and while we're on ideas. How about this Zidane, you stop trying to put hits on Permadeath PVP's that belong to the epic levellers...I mean if you want epic level to leave you alone cause you need to level. Then how about you leave the permy pvp killing to other permy pvps? :) Crazy idea, I know.

I'm me. Deal with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:05 pm 
Tri-Avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Roje wrote:
Oh and while we're on ideas. How about this Zidane, you stop trying to put hits on Permadeath PVP's that belong to the epic levellers...I mean if you want epic level to leave you alone cause you need to level. Then how about you leave the permy pvp killing to other permy pvps? :) Crazy idea, I know.
why assume i put out hits? or worst be accused of killing someone? i dont have the remotes to people character nor do i tell people what to do. roje you assume i put out a hit on someone. which could be true. im talking about improving the pvp system. Not about personal gain. Hell how many people can just lie. perfect example: someone tells someone its zidane fault a guild collapes. which was just a bonus in my book. i mean i didnt know i had that much superpower. :shock:
Basically all the high epic pvp can have all the fun and kill all the lowbie because its possible. I'm talking about "restrictions" to improve game play. you guys make it sound like i just want to complint here. reason i post here was stated above "Improvements" Giving the right to challenge someone pvp was the whole idea i tho. If a memeber of The Forsaken guilds kills another pvp/perma whatever outside of my guild ill just have to take the heat. Good not swaet. i have nothing to do with it. It beacuse of dirty tactics, lies, stealing, or making a suggestion to kill someone. I not prefect. :D

Getting back on the impovements of pvp. what do you think sound fair to add on to the system without all the bitching? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:19 pm 
Tri-Avatar

Nothing. That's what I would add to the system. The current system im place already allows for exactly what you are describing.

If you think it is unfair that all the tri-avs are "having all the fun," then get stronger than them, kill them all, and threaten to rot their corpses if they don't act how you say.

The strong make the laws. That's what makes pvp good. If what you are suggesting happened, I would just end up deleting my pvp character.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:06 pm 
Caretaker
 E-mail  WWW  YIM  Profile

I'd believe that it wasn't about personal gain if the majority of pvpers and several peacies didn't know you had been the one responsible for the ordered hit on a permy pvper. You're suffering the consequences of it and once you level up more, just go and make yourself stronger and get some revenge. That's what the whole PVP thing is about. Makes it fun and exciting and challenging.
By the way, I wasn't bitching. I was pointing out what most people already know about that particular incident.
Now then, for an idea of something that'd be really damn cool to have back...How about scalps...Who agrees!? Scalps...*drool*

I'm me. Deal with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:17 am 
Tri-Avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Scalps? that kinda old school. we not indian. we're mostly are america. I say we put in Scalps codes edit the damn thing to make skin of Roje. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:20 am 
Tri-Avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

weems wrote:
If you think it is unfair that all the tri-avs are "having all the fun," then get stronger than them, kill them all, and threaten to rot their corpses if they don't act how you say.

The strong make the laws.
man you have a hell of ego. why dont i log my pvp and let you kill someone weewee. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:44 pm 

Zidane.
You are right, and somehow you are not, there should be no level limits. Yes, untill you are strong, kiss some ass, remember what people do to you, and if you have the chance, strike back harder. I have been told I am not allowed to PVP anymore, and I am still there. Play smart, kiss ass, dont piss off the wrong one, go sneaky, nobody has to know your alts. And there is one other thing.
The BRUTALITY to make a PVP perma and suspecting it will live. I see every PVP perma as a challenge, and I will kill those, making a PVP perma is saying: lalala, nobody has the guts to kill me cus I will get my e500 PVP and rot you. Hell no, Zidane is right, kill kill kill.
And flee for the consequences.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:53 am 
Tri-Avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

nothing like being bold without kissing ass :)