Multi User Fantasy Text Game
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:17 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:52 am 
Dual-Avatar
 WWW  Profile

nuitari wrote:

+5% bonus to equilibrium/100 epic levels up to e500(for a total of 99% equilibrium skill for warriors and 50% for non-warriors)

In my opinion, a non-warrior (with the exception of rogues) shouldnt get any. You dont see warriors asking for 50% magic do you ? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:17 am 
Dual-Avatar

lingolas wrote:
nuitari wrote:

+5% bonus to equilibrium/100 epic levels up to e500(for a total of 99% equilibrium skill for warriors and 50% for non-warriors)

In my opinion, a non-warrior (with the exception of rogues) shouldnt get any. You dont see warriors asking for 50% magic do you ? :lol:
I'm gonna bet most first class warriors are still gonna be doing starsigns that give them plenty of bonii to complexities, so why shouldn't a non-warrior be able to recieve some equilibrium?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:58 am 
Dual-Avatar
 E-mail  YIM  Profile

i like that idea

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:50 pm 
Dual-Avatar

I'm taking The Pentagram, even though I'm an almost pure warrior and my character was designed specifically to have the best balance possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:56 am 
Dual-Avatar
 E-mail  YIM  Profile

Nimisis will be taking The hospic, i just cant pass up that body %

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:55 pm 
Tri-Avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

i notice on the test port we can cast sagacity, clarity, fortune, and other stats.
This intented with the race patch?

The old way is just sagacity with another stats spell. :D

Post subject: celeborn
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:48 am 
Retired Caretaker
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

hey celeborn, we were noticing that shapeshift can still be dispelled.

personally, i don't consider this a huge big deal, since it only dispels random effects anyways, although.. it did seem as if dispel had a very quick cast time.

perhaps it was me, is it possible to make casting dispel on self reasonably quick, but casting dispel on others have like a large penalty to time delay?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:06 pm 
Tri-Avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

(Request)Just an idea for the racepatch to add a quick added with it. Can we have the score with the Current stats and the Maxium stats?
Exmaple: not real stats
Strength: 35;48 Very strong
Dexterity: 39;50 Extremely nimble
Constitution: 32;50 incredibly fit
Intelligence: 50;52 Genius
Wisdom: 48;50 Very wise
Charisma: 19;50 Attractive
Luck: 16;50 Lucky
:arrow: i hope this is not hard to code or have to wait for another patch :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:50 am 
Dual-Avatar

I think The Thrall's resistances should scale with level. +25 to all resistances is a huge bonus for a low-level character, but once the resist changes go in it becomes less and less useful at higher levels. By picking The Thrall, as of the resist change, you are trading a +5% complexity bonus for 37500 enchantment space(or 42500 if divine and scourge are included). At low levels, this is extremely powerful and much better than anything any other ancestry gives at level 1. At higher levels, it becomes less and less useful, meaning this ancestry is almost a no-brainer for low-level characters and not a great idea for characters that will be epiced extensively. Perhaps this ancestry could give a percentage bonus to your resistances, or it could give a bonus which starts much lower but increases with level and epic level.

Lycanthrope, Vampire, and Construct all seem pretty worthless. I know some players will pick Vampire for RP reasons and some will pick Lycanthrope because they think werewolves are cool, but the bonuses these ancestries get are inferior to those of the complexity-increasing ancestries. Lycanthrope gives a moderate enchantment space bonus in resists which wouldn't really make it worthwhile even if the wolf form couldn't be dispelled. Vampire gives blood complexity and bloodpoints, which are useless(and even if blood magic is made useful, that's still a bonus in one school and nothing in the other 10). Construct gets immunity to critical hits and a bit of resistances, but that seems to be it. They might get some kind of hp bonus, but if so it doesn't show up in their description. Playing a non-healing, extremely tough character sounds nice, but they really don't get much in the way of toughness.

The Knight's balance bonus, which is the only reason to pick this starsign for a serious character, is still insignificant and unnoticable to a triav with high speed(which is every serious character). The increased attack speed is nice, but sustained balance is really what matters in melee combat. +5 AR is a nifty little enchantment space bonus, but nothing to write home about. The damage reduction is kind of like icing on the cake, but unfortunately the cake seems to be missing.

The Hospic is pretty good, but lacking compared to The Pentagram. If the hp bonus applied to all hp, I'd consider it to be on even terms with the pentagram, but Celeborn said that would take too long to code. I recommend either adding a small general complexity bonus or increasing the hp bonus drastically. Making the hp bonus apply to all hp would be ideal, in my opionion, but it's probably not worth a week of Celeborn's time.

The Hero is pretty lame. 5% complexity is vastly inferior to what the pentagram gets. Resistance to bloodloss is all but useless, as severs are rather rare and easily regenerated. The ability to control an extra normal summon is laughable, as non-elemental summons are useless and one extra summon is only a small percentage increase in the number you could summon anyways. The attack and AC are moderate enchantment space bonuses; little more than gimmicks at high level. +2 charisma is laughable and doubling bardic empathy is only useful for a bard alt who sings verses of the magi for an enchanter and psalm of knowledge for epicers.

Hierophant and Hermit give reduced complexity bonuses plus some useless or near-useless other abilities. The corpse/favor stuff is only a minor convenience, half failure rate is nice but could be accomplished with higher complexity bonus anyways, spell reflection could be somewhat useful if MR is changed, sensory complexity bonuses are not very useful, and truesight/darkvision are merely gimmicks.

The Fool is great for a chestfinding alt. That's about it.

The Comet largely depends on the power of its Haste spell, but ultimately falls short due to the speed cap and lack of complexity bonuses. If its innate haste is powerful and stacks with the real haste spell, it's pretty useful until you can hit the speed cap without it. The travelling and walking delay are convenient but not powerful. +15 AC is nifty but not a major bonus.

I'm undecided on The Artist. It's great for levelling quickly, but levels are effectively capped until gear is uncapped, and xp bonuses are less useful than other bonuses when you can barely kill the mobs you need to kill to level. If the crafting level is ever uncapped, this is a decent starsign, but until then I wouldn't even consider picking it.

Elementals, Dragons, Mycondid, Mindflayer, Slime, and Lich are all roughly equal. Some stand out above others for their non-complex bonuses(innate entangle vs innate recharge; one is awesome and one is virtually useless, can you guess which is which?), but overall these are of similar power and superior to the other ancestries, except maybe Thrall.