Dark Legacy MUD Forum

Multi User Fantasy Text Game
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:18 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:07 pm 

lingolas wrote:
I like to point out that winged elves should be susceptible to air damage because they depend on the air as they fly. On the other hand, they should have resistance against earthquake damage. This is also true for pixies. Flying creature's weakess should be air since they depend so much on it. Imagine a tiny pixie fighting you during a hurricane or some kind of windstorm. Like the winged elves, they should have resistance on earth damage types.

I think this idea is too complex and backward.

What about an Aquatic Elf? Is he susceptible to water since he spends so much time in and resistant to fire?

Logically unsound :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:38 am 
Dual-Avatar
 E-mail  YIM  Profile

i see where lingolas is going with that, a race that depends on wings to fly would be weak to air attacks, but imo something with magical flight wouldnt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:34 am 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

You can pull this anyway you want to...my view is that magical flight (non natural) wouldnt be resistant to air because the creature isnt in its element and therefore has less control. A Winged Elf who spends his time swooping through the clouds (and storms) is going to have more control over his flight(balance) if he's hit with an air breath than someone else imo. Its pretty weird to assume hes going to open up his wings to the maximum and let the full brunt of an air spell hit him and blow him away... Thremp had it right...if a creature lives in a natural element it will make it an advantage at least..certainly not a disadvantage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:05 pm 
Dual-Avatar
 WWW  Profile

Code:
Winged elves stand slightly taller than humans, with broad feathered wings on their back that allow them to fly with unparalleled grace.

a flying elf is like a flying bird. I don't recall finding birds drop out of the sky during earthquakes simply because they couldn't withstand the earthquake. On the other hand, I have seen birds that got blown away by the wind. It is also common to find find dead birds after storms.

an aquatic elf is an elf that can withstand water better than anyone else. If you throw water at it, you are only doing it a favor. This is why water elves are not susceptible to water. However, they should be susceptible to fire because fire dehydrate them.

If you have ever played any of the Final Fantasy, you would remember that flying creatures are weak against wind spells.

fire creatures :arrow: weak agains water spells. immune ice spells
water creatures :arrow: weak against electric spells. immune fire
ice creatures :arrow: weark against fire spells. imune water
flying creatures :arrow: weark against wind spells. immune earth
electric creatures :arrow: weak against ?.
earth/rock creatures :arrow: weak against water/lightning spells. imune wind and ?

this is what seems logic to me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:12 pm 
Arch-Caretaker

Updated the main post; several tweaks and some big changes. (see top for a listing).

I'm requesting a re-evaluation of vampyre, werewolf and thrall. When evaluating werewolf keep in mind that there that the combat patch after the racepatch that will more than likely adjust resistances as discussed elsewhere on the forum. (ie: resistance points leading to a percentage).

by the way, I haven't handled all the posts before this one yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:40 pm 
Arch-Caretaker

And obviously I re-posted the old list. :P correct list is up now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:14 pm 

Thrall looks like a good ancestory for new players now.

Vampyr and lycan seem good for their specific purposes.

Comet is much more appealing.

Though i have a question about the mr, does it means up to 25 per level, or 25 at level 50. and if it means per level does that mean mr will be significantly different then it is now?

Last edited by Navith on Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:58 pm 
Arch-Caretaker

Navith wrote:
Though i have a question about the mr, does it means up to 25 per level, or 25 at level 50. and if it means per level does that mean mr will be significantly different then it is now?

25 at level 50.

Post subject: Re: current racial abilities...
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:43 pm 

Ralf wrote:
I've got a couple quick questions...

1) Dwarves currently have mine prosepcting and the ability to 'mine smell'. I see that Earth Elemental gives the ability to identify minerals on sight, but does that include 'mine smell'? Also, will dwarves (or any other race) innately have this ability? How does the Gold Dragon's ability to detect gems work in relation to mine prospecting?

2) Does the added sight distance on the map from being a Wood Elf apply in the mines?

3) Gnomes currently have high lore (identify items on sight). Will gnomes (or any other race/starsign/ancestry) continue to have access to this ability?

Are these dumb questions? Are they already answered somewhere? At least tell me that you aren't going to answer them, so I can stop waiting for an answer... :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:13 am 
Lowbie

Lycanthrope
Bitten by a lycanthrope.
Your Character can transform into a wolf human hybrid.
shapeshift into dire- or werewolf at will (using spell: howl.)
immune to vampyrism.
direwolf stats +3 str, +5 dex, +3 con, -3 int, -3 wis.
werewolf stats +1 str, +3 dex, -1 int, -1 wis.
werewolf stats +75 blunt/pierce/slash, +20 other resistance points.

How would this work? I'm assumign like pixie's "kinshape"? Also, does direwolf get resistance too, or just werewolf?

Also, I think the minor stats boost will not be noticable, especially if the stats cap(ie 50 for human's str/dex/etc) still exist because all players can get the same stats regardless of any boost. Make the +stats change the current stats and the stats cap.

I'm also suggestion the stats change to be larger. Maybe something like:
direwolf stats +15 str, +8 dex, +5 con, -4 int, -4 wis.
werewolf stats +8 str, +15 dex, -3 int, -3 wis
both +75 blunt/pierce/slash, +20 other resistance points.

The reason for what appears to be a 'big' stats boost is something to par up with the bonus of magic complexity, which basically boost (almost)everything through magic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:25 am 
Dual-Avatar
 WWW  Profile

1. 25 resistance to fire is not the same as 25% resistance to fire right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:38 am 

Jerardo wrote:
Lycanthrope
Bitten by a lycanthrope.
immune to vampyrism.

How would this work? I'm assumign like pixie's "kinshape"? Also, does direwolf get resistance too, or just werewolf?

Also, I think the minor stats boost will not be noticable, especially if the stats cap(ie 50 for human's str/dex/etc) still exist because all players can get the same stats regardless of any boost. Make the +stats change the current stats and the stats cap.

I'm also suggestion the stats change to be larger. Maybe something like:
direwolf stats +15 str, +8 dex, +5 con, -4 int, -4 wis.
werewolf stats +8 str, +15 dex, -3 int, -3 wis
both +75 blunt/pierce/slash, +20 other resistance points.

The reason for what appears to be a 'big' stats boost is something to par up with the bonus of magic complexity, which basically boost (almost)everything through magic.

No way. The resists are nutso enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:42 am 

lingolas wrote:
Code:
Winged elves stand slightly taller than humans, with broad feathered wings on their back that allow them to fly with unparalleled grace.

a flying elf is like a flying bird. I don't recall finding birds drop out of the sky during earthquakes simply because they couldn't withstand the earthquake. On the other hand, I have seen birds that got blown away by the wind. It is also common to find find dead birds after storms.

an aquatic elf is an elf that can withstand water better than anyone else. If you throw water at it, you are only doing it a favor. This is why water elves are not susceptible to water. However, they should be susceptible to fire because fire dehydrate them.

If you have ever played any of the Final Fantasy, you would remember that flying creatures are weak against wind spells.

fire creatures :arrow: weak agains water spells. immune ice spells
water creatures :arrow: weak against electric spells. immune fire
ice creatures :arrow: weark against fire spells. imune water
flying creatures :arrow: weark against wind spells. immune earth
electric creatures :arrow: weak against ?.
earth/rock creatures :arrow: weak against water/lightning spells. imune wind and ?

this is what seems logic to me

I find it much simpler and more probable that something would have a resistance to whatever its natural inclination was. And be susceptible to whatever it was averse to normally. Water based things don't want to be dried out... Averse to fire. Air things are suited to flying and handling averse wing conditions, but maybe not a storm of rocks throw up at them.

It just seems we differ in our interpretations.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:19 pm 
Dual-Avatar
 WWW  Profile

Thralls have 25 resistance points to all resistances.

This this include magic or only melee?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:23 pm 
Dual-Avatar
 WWW  Profile

+5 Attack and + +5 Attack ratings are the same thing right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:35 pm 
Dual-Avatar
 WWW  Profile

what do you mean when you say "shadow dancing: avoid up to 1/3rd of all melee attacks?"

does this mean that you get hit only 66.66% of the time?
or does it mean that you absorb only 66.66% of the hits?

since it says up to, i assume that 33.33% is the max. This suggests that you dont always recieve 33.33% blockage all the time. Meaning that most of the time you only avoid something like 1/4, 1/5, or 1/6... of all melee attacks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:53 pm 
Dual-Avatar
 WWW  Profile

for the hospic it says "faster wound healing. "

If you are already a troll, how much faster is wound healing? Are they even stackable with the troll's HP regeneration?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:57 pm 
Dual-Avatar
 WWW  Profile

+25% chance of causing a critical.

since a multistrike usually gives 3 hits. Does this mean that statistically you are garanteed to land a critical strike once every two multistrikes?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:02 pm 
Dual-Avatar
 WWW  Profile

effect of bardic empathy doubled

i assume that bardic empathy are bards' songs. is that right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:10 pm 
Tri-Avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

if you ask me bard need a seriuos upgrade, just make them with a high percentage in damage and effects.
Bards should be percentage basic. this way bards have a chance with supermob mobs like txachamitxchual and divinity 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:14 pm 
Dual-Avatar
 WWW  Profile

for the hospic 25% HP increase

does this 25% act on the base HP or the total HP(including equ)
Also, if the player keeps on epiccing to gain HP, this 25% would then become larger and larger right with every epic level right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:41 pm 
Dual-Avatar
 WWW  Profile

i dont think that bards should be doing much damage. bards are usually wusses that rather practice piano or something nerdy like the sax. bards are the entertainer of the group; they inspire and motivate. bards spells/songs should boost the moral of the group that they are in or sway the enemies with passion and melody(like putting them to sleep or charm).
Whatever you do, please dont turn bards into warriors or mages. They will make us look bad.

Code:
this way bards have a chance with supermob mobs like txachamitxchual and divinity

a bard should not have a chance against TXA or divinity.

Post subject: Re: current racial abilities...
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:54 pm 
Arch-Caretaker

I've got a couple quick questions...

Ralf wrote:
1) Dwarves currently have mine prosepcting and the ability to 'mine smell'. I see that Earth Elemental gives the ability to identify minerals on sight, but does that include 'mine smell'? Also, will dwarves (or any other race) innately have this ability? How does the Gold Dragon's ability to detect gems work in relation to mine prospecting?

With the large number of things to add mine smell dropped in between the wall and the sofa :P. Mountain dwarves, deep gnomes and gold dragons now have the ability.

Ralf wrote:
2) Does the added sight distance on the map from being a Wood Elf apply in the mines?

No

Ralf wrote:
3) Gnomes currently have high lore (identify items on sight). Will gnomes (or any other race/starsign/ancestry) continue to have access to this ability?

Rock gnomes have this ability.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:55 pm 
Arch-Caretaker

ShanaArkai wrote:
i like underworld too takun, but i dont think this is the time or place to bring the movie story line into a game. a vampire and werewolf or lycan should not be able to mix imo

For now lycanthropy and vampirism do not mix.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:00 pm 
Arch-Caretaker

Jerardo wrote:
Lycanthrope
Bitten by a lycanthrope.
immune to vampyrism.

You pick the form that fits. higher stats? pick direwolf. higher resists? pick werewolf.

Jerardo wrote:

Any stat changes listed for ancestries, starsigns and races also raise the ability score cap. (so a +5 stat bonus raises the cap to 55).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next