Dark Legacy MUD Forum

Multi User Fantasy Text Game
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:09 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:25 pm 
Dual-Avatar
 E-mail  YIM  Profile

so we will not be able to get easy blunt resist anymore? cool, that should make epics a little more fun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:45 pm 
Lowbie

Cele, I think the elements are still missing something. Would making the elements be immune to their type be fair? (ie: fire elemental immune to fire). Also, +20% mana for each element.

Currently, it seems hard for me to consider any element over angelic, demonic, or mindflayer for my spell caster, ... unless the race changes on the elements are significant.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:13 pm 
Tri-Avatar

Jerardo wrote:
Cele, I think the elements are still missing something. Would making the elements be immune to their type be fair? (ie: fire elemental immune to fire). Also, +20% mana for each element.

Currently, it seems hard for me to consider any element over angelic, demonic, or mindflayer for my spell caster, ... unless the race changes on the elements are significant.

Uh, look again buddy. +10% overall complexity is FAR better than +15% to specific schools. The abilities that the elementals get are far better, as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:52 am 

I like the idea, but its a bit overpowering to have 50% earth res isnt it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:40 pm 
Lowbie

10% overall =/= 15% specific 5 complexities. Strategic planning would most likely pick one of the 3 ancenstries mentioned above for particular builds. There's the specific example of mindflayers: 8% overall and 20% mind, any build with a psionic in it has more potential advantage.

My suggestion wasn't to boost the 10% elementals' complexity, rather give them a little more something that are still in their domain. Honestly, even if the suggestions made by me were inputed, I would still more likely not chose them over any of the particularly 3 ancenstries for my primary spell caster.

I admit, I'm not sure how easily would be to get 50% resistance on the new coming system. But as is, changing rune elemental would be the simplest solution, or simply keep a 2nd spell of the same type, with a different elemental rune, then the resists are null (2x types of breath, as I'm sure most mages already use).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:58 pm 
Dual-Avatar

Jerardo wrote:
10% overall =/= 15% specific 5 complexities. Strategic planning would most likely pick one of the 3 ancenstries mentioned above for particular builds. There's the specific example of mindflayers: 8% overall and 20% mind, any build with a psionic in it has more potential advantage.

My suggestion wasn't to boost the 10% elementals' complexity, rather give them a little more something that are still in their domain. Honestly, even if the suggestions made by me were inputed, I would still more likely not chose them over any of the particularly 3 ancenstries for my primary spell caster.

I admit, I'm not sure how easily would be to get 50% resistance on the new coming system. But as is, changing rune elemental would be the simplest solution, or simply keep a 2nd spell of the same type, with a different elemental rune, then the resists are null (2x types of breath, as I'm sure most mages already use).

The elementals are more powerful than either Angelic or Demonic.

Angelic lacks bonuses to body, arguably the most important school for survivability since it includes haste and heal, both important to pretty much any tri-av.

Demonic lacks divine and mind, schools that also have speed spells. Although they may be weaker, what's better: haste alone or all three? Most mages would be fools for choosing demonic because they do not get bonuses to enchantment then, which includes enchant weapon, one of the main reasons many people go mage.

Both of these gain 90% in total whereas an elemental gains 100%. Let's see how caster classes fare, using their most used spells:
Mage - Physical (Demonic), Basic (Both), Enchantment (Neither)
Druid - Nature (Demonic)
Cleric - Body (Demonic), Divine (Angelic), Defensive (Angelic), Basic (Both), Sensory (Angelic)
Psionicist - Mind (Neither), Physical (Demonic), Basic (Both)
Paladin - Divine (Angelic), Body (Demonic)
Ranger - Summoning (hahahah - demonic), Nature (Demonic)

Overall, demonic helps out the casters slightly more, but none...albeit druids and rangers (whose complexities I'm not 100% sure on) are completely one sided. These also aren't the most common casters to see without the aid of another casting class.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:00 pm 
Arch-Caretaker

Hi guys!

I've further developed the ancestries and posted a new list. I havent been able to consider any of the latest comments from this thread yet but I will. Please continue the discussion at: http://forums.dark-legacy.com/viewtopic.php?p=9596. I'm closing this thread.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3