Dark Legacy MUD Forum

Multi User Fantasy Text Game
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:38 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:39 am 

To fix this problem, I suggest to add a patch where people who are idle or afk, do not age. There aging process should be stoped and then continued when they become active again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:47 am 
Dual-Avatar

Eomer wrote:
To fix this problem, I suggest to add a patch where people who are idle or afk, do not age. There aging process should be stoped and then continued when they become active again.
As though that would stop anyone from idling for age if they wanted to? If there is any system to do this, it will either be worked around, so strict that half the people actively playing won't age, or both of the above. Why don't we just encourage those who want to get stronger to fight things that give them experience in their free time?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:02 am 

Hmm, we could see how it works though. I'd like to see something done with age, the bonuses dont even have to be that useful, just unique and cool. Like if a demontouched race hasn't reached an epic level yet for some wings, and they reach age 1000 first, why not give them there wings?

I have a question. Are some of the ancestorys only going to be available to some races? For instance, how is a half man half bull who has werewolf ancestors going to turn into a half man, half bull, half wolf???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:05 am 
Dual-Avatar

Eomer wrote:
I have a question. Are some of the ancestorys only going to be available to some races? For instance, how is a half man half bull who has werewolf ancestors going to turn into a half man, half bull, half wolf???

I don't see any real reason to restrict any of the current ancestries to certain races...A lycanthrope minotaur would transform from a half man, half bull into a half wolf, quarter man, quarter bull, or just a humanoid wolf.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:18 pm 
 YIM  Profile

if u have a werewolf ancestory and get bitten by a vampire, would u end up having skills from both sides? 50% man, 25% werewolf, 25% vampyre?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:18 pm 
 YIM  Profile

also, forgot to mention above, what exactly is the occult skill and theology skill?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:42 pm 

If you choose the construct ancestry and choose a tinker dwarf as your race could you repair yourself?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:42 pm 
Arch-Caretaker

voska wrote:
if u have a werewolf ancestory and get bitten by a vampire, would u end up having skills from both sides? 50% man, 25% werewolf, 25% vampyre?

Depends on how werewolf is going to turn out. if they can be afflicted by vampyrism, they would become a blood casting werewolf+vampire :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:43 pm 
Arch-Caretaker

voska wrote:
also, forgot to mention above, what exactly is the occult skill and theology skill?

It means you can cast spells with a divine or scourge rune in them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:45 pm 
Arch-Caretaker

Ansem wrote:
If you choose the construct ancestry and choose a tinker dwarf as your race could you repair yourself?

You can use repair out of fights and with enough movement points left, you do not need to be tinker dwarf for that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:43 am 
 YIM  Profile

about when will this patch come into play? I know there are still some stuff to work out, but im curious if it will be done within like a couple months or more like several months.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:44 am 
Arch-Caretaker

voska wrote:
about when will this patch come into play? I know there are still some stuff to work out, but im curious if it will be done within like a couple months or more like several months.

Its races, starsigns and about 80% of the ancestries are already done. it will probably take a weekend or two for everything to be complete.

Post subject: vampires
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:12 pm 

all i can say is that this seems to be pretty balanced but i think that if your ancestries are vampire then you should get something like +20 regen and -10 fire resist, but make it so that the sun dosent effect you when you are a vampire due to evolving out of being affected by the sun. also they should get damaged more by wood weapons because of the whole wood stake to the heart thing.

and also with them being undead will they be affected by turncry.

all in all i cant wait for this new patch to be up, but this is my 2 cents

Aardgon Corpse

~The-Brotherhood~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:45 pm 
Lowbie

what about making werewolf have double dmg from silver weapons.
yes I also agree wooden weapons (piercing) should hurt vampires :) especialy a nice piercing hit on torso.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:08 am 

Are we gonna get to see the possibilities of e1000 or e1500 or whatever it is that these max out at?

I really like this idea and think it'd be cool to start with the options you listed... Or even bump them up to e1. Add some more at e300 or e500 and then have a final version at e1000 or e1500.

Perhaps picking an ancestry and having it kick only when you're tri-aved?

Just trying to think of a way to make a decent progression.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:42 am 

I agree to an extent. I think if there are insane people out there, I want to see what an e3000 dark-elf vampire evolves into, and what extra skills or feat they aquire.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:24 pm 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

RE: Powers

I think quintos is pretty on the ball with having a new power pool. Not sure how I feel about a Draconian player becoming a dragon, perhaps they could get a dragon /form/ though, usable once every 12 hours for a max of two hours? Or just evolve aspects of dragons, for instance at first they're little different than lizardmen, except they have 100% night vision and some points in one random element resistance (i.e if they have some points to fire resistance then they are either a Gold or Red Dragon, Draconian). But when they start back over they get a little faster and a breath weapon?

Undead would get the chance to become a lich at e1500 or e2000, and would get to make a phylactery to keep at their citadel or whatever, that would negate all experience loss from dieing and corpse supplicating. Then the next time they get to e1500/e2000 they could get to choose from a list of devastating Lich spells like "Internal Disjunction"- target of equal or lower level must resist the spell or explode in lots of gore and bone chips...overpowered I know, but gosh, it's a happy suggestion! ^_^

In regards to the Aging:

Perhaps the "re-morting"/dropping back to level 1 can be the age factor? For instance, a vampire who has remorted 5 times would be devastatingly powerful compared to vampire who hasn't yet remorted.

I think that getting to remort, and then going through all the work to get to remort again should give a good reward. True it favors those who have lots of time to sit in front of the computer all day, but hey, all games reward that kind of behaviour.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:43 am 
About the werewolf and vampire situation. If you were a werewolf and you was bitten by a vampire then you and the vampire should be poisoned. Vampires can't drink some blood. Werewolfs are one of them so I guess when they are bitten nothing happens expect they are both lose a little health. I think vampires shouldn't be hurt so bad in the sun too. Vampires souls aren't burned in the sun they just sunburn very easily. Don't take your ideas from old movies and stuff just ask me i know alot about vampires and some about werewolfs. Vampires comes from werewolfs thats why they have sharp teeth and like blood.Vampires drink human blood to live and other blood for pleasure so Blood points should only go up if you drink from a humaniod.Vampires are alot faster then any human and i guess that goes for all the other races and people aren't blooded by being bitten they are by transfering blood from the host to the victim by cuting their finger tips there is other ways ,but this is the most used way. Being bit doesn't effect your blood any the vampire is just taking blood to stay alive. Vampires really cut humans necks with their finger nails and then just drink and use their spit to close the wound backup. Most vampires look almost like humans and half-vampires look just like them. Vampires can age alot slower then humans. Full vampires age 10 times slower and half vampire age 5 times. This is just some of the knowledge I have ask questions if you like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:58 am 
Tri-Avatar

wizoch wrote:
About the werewolf and vampire situation. If you were a werewolf and you was bitten by a vampire then you and the vampire should be poisoned. Vampires can't drink some blood. Werewolfs are one of them so I guess when they are bitten nothing happens expect they are both lose a little health. I think vampires shouldn't be hurt so bad in the sun too. Vampires souls aren't burned in the sun they just sunburn very easily. Don't take your ideas from old movies and stuff just ask me i know alot about vampires and some about werewolfs. Vampires comes from werewolfs thats why they have sharp teeth and like blood.Vampires drink human blood to live and other blood for pleasure so Blood points should only go up if you drink from a humaniod.Vampires are alot faster then any human and i guess that goes for all the other races and people aren't blooded by being bitten they are by transfering blood from the host to the victim by cuting their finger tips there is other ways ,but this is the most used way. Being bit doesn't effect your blood any the vampire is just taking blood to stay alive. Vampires really cut humans necks with their finger nails and then just drink and use their spit to close the wound backup. Most vampires look almost like humans and half-vampires look just like them. This is just some of the knowledge I have ask questions if you like.

There is no 'correct' interpretation of vampires and werewolves. Many different authors and old books view them differently. It's really up for grabs just how to view them on DL, it doesn't have to copy some set viewpoint. Maybe we can put our own twist on everything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:03 am 
I know I just think that would make DL more interesting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:40 am 

I have a quick question: For elemental ancestries, could you still add an elem rune to a spell/weapon to have it do that type of damage? For example, if I was an Airomancer, and my spells attacked as if imbued with 'dis', could I still add a 'tri' to my spells and use them as lightning instead? Would there be some kind of combo with both damage types? As I understand it right now, you cannot add more than one elem rune in a spell...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:02 pm 
Arch-Caretaker

Ralf wrote:
I have a quick question: For elemental ancestries, could you still add an elem rune to a spell/weapon to have it do that type of damage? For example, if I was an Airomancer, and my spells attacked as if imbued with 'dis', could I still add a 'tri' to my spells and use them as lightning instead? Would there be some kind of combo with both damage types? As I understand it right now, you cannot add more than one elem rune in a spell...

Using elemental runes in your spells overrides the ancestry bestowed ones.

(Btw I /am/ reading this thread, just letting you guys discuss it without influencing the flow of it by commenting on the ideas :P)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:38 pm 

Celeborn wrote:
Ralf wrote:

Using elemental runes in your spells overrides the ancestry bestowed ones.

(Btw I /am/ reading this thread, just letting you guys discuss it without influencing the flow of it by commenting on the ideas :P)

Make it do both damages!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:13 am 
Dual-Avatar
 E-mail  YIM  Profile

what about spells such as ward and bane, will they be effected too? will there be a way to make them act as if they were normal? if not then bane and ward would only be good for blunt resists if your not an elemental, which would give all the other races a slight advantage on gaining money in dragon epics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:00 am 
Arch-Caretaker

ShanaArkai wrote:
what about spells such as ward and bane, will they be effected too? will there be a way to make them act as if they were normal? if not then bane and ward would only be good for blunt resists if your not an elemental, which would give all the other races a slight advantage on gaining money in dragon epics.

The non-elemental versions of ward and bane are /bugs/ (same with the non-elemental rune elementals, doh), and will be fixed when time racepatch is in.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next