Multi User Fantasy Text Game
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:10 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: TestPort Bug/Issue Report From Riina/Apocist
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:28 pm 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

I have a report to Celeborn about issues and or bugs (depending on opinion:

Report 1: Damage reduction/ low health Issue

After examining Gene's Damage Reduction and Health, And comparing it to my own and my survive-ability in epics I have come to a conclusion that it needs to be revised.

I have about 1900 Damage Reduction and 3000hps at my level with fully repaired equipement. I am level e244. Versus epic dragons/spiders/ancients of my own levels with a level difference of only 2 or 3 levels, I don't survive super easily.

Gene only has 299 Damage Reduction and 1400-1500 Hps. Surveying this, Gene will not have a good chance of living in Epics equal to my own level. So perhaps revising the system for that is needed, so pets don't get hit just once by breath or something and just die a million times.

I also understand the alternatives of NOT leveling them or giving them to alts but thats an annoying process and would anger those of us who have worked hard to level them to begin with, with the current system where they are even more likely to die.

Report 2: When teleported from battle pets do not auto leave battle like a player would when recalled, astralled, etc etc. they stay in a battle mode and when returned to their oppenent's room they continue like nothing happened.

Report 3: Pets do not quit this mode unless the Owner logs the character, that may become an issue if the pet sits around tsq and their target just suddenly runs by, espcially if it was an accidental attack or something. Need a Order Pet StandDown command or something to tell them to stop battling until they enter battle again or are ordered to.

Post subject: Re: TestPort Bug/Issue Report From Riina/Apocist
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:37 am 
 WWW  Profile

Well i see what you mean, but there is one thing that i disagree with. I mean your pet is not the same as your level if i am correct? Then why should it be equal to mobs a way higher level than it? There is ways to level your pet I am sure. I mean you could probably ask some pet attics and they will tell you. It is possible to level your pet in epics, even though you may have to go at a slower pace. What is the point of a pet being so much stronger? Where would be the point in leveling if you had an uber tank of leveling. I would suggest to be honest trying to develop your technique of leveling.

Post subject: Re: TestPort Bug/Issue Report From Riina/Apocist
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:26 pm 
Arch-Caretaker

For a complete picture could you post Gene's score here? Report 2&3 put on the todo.