Dark Legacy MUD Forum

Multi User Fantasy Text Game
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:22 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Mud has been upgraded to 2.2.19: Bugfixes!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:08 am 
Arch-Caretaker

Got some of the more annoying bugs fixed this weekend.

+ [Bugfix] In some cases buckling collar on a pet causes it to be improperly equipped.
+ [Bugfix] Death during a fight locked player into combat.
+ [Bugfix] Scavenging monsters properly trigger equipment GET scripts
+ [Bugfix] Made secure/lockdown more robust.
+ [Bugfix] Prevented Daily reward cooldown duplicates for level 1(/1/1) characters.
+ [Bugfix] Monsters that spawn in underwater rooms no longer drown.
+ [Bugfix] Highmoon blacksmith usable for forging.
+ [Bugfix] Can craft statues and figurines with a proper description again.
+ [Bugfix] Syntax hint in craft properly shows full used arguments now.
+ [Bugfix] Gloves no longer go on your head. D:
+ [Bugfix] Unfinished craft items no longer lose substance after logout/login.
+ [Bugfix] Lillobee will resurrect your pet, even when there is someone else with a pet in her shop.
+ [Bugfix] Training machine given more hitpoints, removed reference to healing players (got healers for that).
+ [Bugfix] Failed waypoint travel no longer costs movement (for example, traveling when resting).
+ [Bugfix] Last drop from drink containers no longer wrong liquid. (blood filled skulls with whiskey droplet)
+ [Bugfix] Thralls get 25% on all resistances, including scourge and divine
+ [Bugfix] While in mine, flee no longer causes you to run into blocked exits.
+ [Bugfix] Enchanting affects like infravision, scry, etc, now properly stacks on an item.
+ [Buildfix] Kings guards in tarsonis no longer report player secret number of doom.
+ [Abusefix] find no longer searches the wilderness, severely speeding up the command.
+ [Abusefix] Scavenging monsters no longer take locked down equipment.
+ [Crashfix] Locate Object now returns up to 10 items per effect, max of 120. (Instead of original 5000 which is a crash/disconnect fest).
+ [Crashfix] Mud crashes when crafting in some cases when you have more resources then needed.
+ [Fix] Decreased spellbook/songbook recipe difficulty to runewright level 1, so it becomes levellable.

Post subject: Re: Mud has been upgraded to 2.2.19: Bugfixes!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:11 pm 

Small comment on locate object: locating items that people tend to stockpile will be highly annoying; things such as eggs, baboos, resources, crafted items, all are things that people tend to store hundreds of in a cit and then idle in that cit, so anyone scanning for those things will always be spammed out by people who sit in their homes on top of their massive stockpiles. I suggest raising the max to at least 25 per fec.

Example: Playing in epics and hunting pet eggs. C locate egg will only ever give me whatever lists are loaded first. If we have a bunch of players online with massive stocks of pet eggs idling in their cits, I'll have no chance of seeing what's loaded in my dungeon because the max is only 120 items. I can give you two or three cits that contain at least that many eggs on their own.

I urge you to raise the max to something more in the range of 300-500. Unless you plan on excluding items in cits from being affected by this spell, 120 is far too low a max to stick us with.

Perhaps another idea: Give Locate Object a maximum reach of current area. Let us add Aya runes in order to give global reach, and raise the max to 512.